Time For Athests To Prove There Is No God.

Started by godmessenger, January 26, 2017, 06:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on January 27, 2017, 10:16:22 AM
Or in other words, your lack of evidence, is all the evidence I need, to infer quite confidently, that you are mistaken in your assertions about God, and that I should, therefore, not believe these assertions.

And therein lies the failure of Godmessenger's argument.  He asserts we cannot prove God does not exist, while we actually are in logical agreement with him.  He presents a red herring that adds nothing to the question of existence.  In all my searching for God during my Christian youth, I never made an in depth search for proof of non-existence because I intuitively understood that it was impossible.  The entirety of my search was in devoting myself to finding proof of God's existence, which consisted of years and years in futile and wasted energy that led to the realization that I did not hold a belief in a god.

This is why the burden of proof lies entirely with Godmessenger.  He needs to prove what no one has been able to do in the history of mankind.  I would suggest that he intuitively understands that he himself is unable to provide this proof which has eluded everyone over the years.  This is why he attempts to shift the burden of proof away from his own inability to succeed where others fail.  But it's a useless strategy, because it adds nothing convincing to his position.

sdelsolray

Quote from: godmessenger on January 26, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
Atheists, time for you to present evidence that there is no God. And don't say that it is up to theists to present evidence of God. That is copping out. Also, don't say that you can't prove a negative. That is not true. The negative can be proven. It's just harder, because you have to prove the whole medium. Also, don't state that you can't prove something that doesn't exist. That is stupid, and assumes something not yet proven. If God doesn't exist, as you atheists obviously believe, then there must be a logical reason why He doesn't. I say logic, not philosophic, like "why does God allow bad things to happen". If you ask for a definition of God, He is the Deity, the first "being", the Supreme being who creates all things and has existed for all time, being omniscient and omnipotent.

No.  I reject your infantile attempt to shift the burden of proof.

Mike Cl

Quote from: sdelsolray on January 27, 2017, 11:44:48 AM
Of course you do.  Already you have demonstrated your inability to understand the answers anyway.  Why not grab your sucker and go to bed.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 27, 2017, 12:19:50 PM
Of course you do.  Already you have demonstrated your inability to understand the answers anyway.  Why not grab your sucker and go to bed.

Uhm... Mike?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

sdelsolray

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 27, 2017, 12:19:50 PM

Did you quote the wrong post?

Mike Cl

Quote from: sdelsolray on January 27, 2017, 12:57:41 PM
Did you quote the wrong post?
I have to admit that I did post to the wrong message.  You were spot on sdelsolray.  I guess I'll take that sucker and go to bed--with a bottle of Southern Comfort, as well.  Sorry.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 27, 2017, 01:17:31 PM
I have to admit that I did post to the wrong message.

Been there.  Done that.  It's one of the more embarrassing fuck ups I've managed to pull off.  Welcome to the club.

SGOS

One time, I even replied to somebody's post, but somehow ended up posting it in a different thread.  Of course, being in a different thread, my reply made no sense whatsoever.  I don't even know how I managed to put it in a different thread.  But the really weird thing was that no one even bothered commenting on it.  Maybe they figured I had posted something that was beyond their personal ability to comprehend.  More likely, they probably thought I was once again lost in my own incomprehensible mental chaos, and that I would regain some semblance of consciousness if they just let me be.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on January 27, 2017, 01:48:28 PM
Been there.  Done that.  It's one of the more embarrassing fuck ups I've managed to pull off.  Welcome to the club.
thanks for the welcome..........not a club I thought I wanted to be in, but at least the company is great! :))

Sal1981

Quote from: godmessenger on January 26, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
If you ask for a definition of God, He is the Deity, the first "being", the Supreme being who creates all things and has existed for all time, being omniscient and omnipotent.
Does god know beforehand what he will do? If he does, then he is incapable to have any will of any sort, and merely is an autonom. And can he do impossible things?

All your meandering is just fanciful play on language and thereof semantics.

Blackleaf

Quote from: sdelsolray on January 27, 2017, 11:44:48 AM

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 27, 2017, 10:53:52 AM
Prove to me that invisible pink unicorns don't exist. Don't say it's my responsibility to prove that it doesn't exist. That's a cop out. And don't say you can't prove a negative, because you can. I said so. You can't prove that invisible pink unicorns don't exist, therefore, they must be real. You also can't prove that the world isn't secretly being controlled by an alien race of reptilian shapeshifters, or that Bigfoot isn't real, or that we're living in The Matrix, so I'm going to go ahead and say that those things are 100% true.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2017, 08:20:37 PM
I am a demigod, I don't need anyone to prove my own existence.  That is real divinity ... not empty words (because I am a living being typing this in reference to myself, not some imagined thing being written about by someone who has no knowledge).
Well, for all we know you could be a chat-bot - but if so, you're a pretty damned good one!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on January 27, 2017, 02:03:42 PM
One time, I even replied to somebody's post, but somehow ended up posting it in a different thread.  Of course, being in a different thread, my reply made no sense whatsoever.  I don't even know how I managed to put it in a different thread.  But the really weird thing was that no one even bothered commenting on it.  Maybe they figured I had posted something that was beyond their personal ability to comprehend.  More likely, they probably thought I was once again lost in my own incomprehensible mental chaos, and that I would regain some semblance of consciousness if they just let me be.
Well, don't keep me in suspense - did you ever regain some semblance of consciousness?
God Not Found

sdelsolray

Quote from: SGOS on January 27, 2017, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: Mike Cl on January 27, 2017, 01:17:31 PM
I have to admit that I did post to the wrong message.  You were spot on sdelsolray.  I guess I'll take that sucker and go to bed--with a bottle of Southern Comfort, as well.  Sorry.

Most forums have the quote button on the bottom of the target post.  This forum has it at the top.