Time For Athests To Prove There Is No God.

Started by godmessenger, January 26, 2017, 06:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

godmessenger

2 stupid 2 live

aitm

There are thousands of gods humanity has worshipped. Which one do you suggest we talk about?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

I can present evidence that atheists are variant theists ... but I don't think that is what you are asking for ;-)  Kind of like Hercules claiming his father isn't Zeus.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

As soon as you prove to me, beyond a doubt, that Chtulhu doesn't exist and didn't create our universe, OP.  ;)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

FaithIsFilth

Atheism is not the belief that there are no gods, so it is up to you to present evidence of god. My logic for god being unlikely is that the universe is even less complex than a god, so why would the universe need a creator if a god itself never needed a creator? God was always there, you will say, but maybe a universe outside of our own was always there, and that's a lot more believable than a god, because we know that universes actually exist, seeing as we live in one.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 26, 2017, 06:17:01 PM
As soon as you prove to me, beyond a doubt, that Chtulhu doesn't exist and didn't create our universe, OP.  ;)

Since I developed diabetes ... I have to stop being a pastafarian ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 26, 2017, 06:23:11 PM
Atheism is not the belief that there are no gods, so it is up to you to present evidence of god. My logic for god being unlikely is that the universe is even less complex than a god, so why would the universe need a creator if a god itself never needed a creator? God was always there, you will say, but maybe a universe outside of our own was always there, and that's a lot more believable than a god, because we know that universes actually exist, seeing as we live in one.

A universe maybe (it could be plural) but definitely not a cosmos.  To much chaos to be a cosmos.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

godmessenger

Quote from: aitm on January 26, 2017, 06:07:09 PM
There are thousands of gods humanity has worshipped. Which one do you suggest we talk about?
I already defined God for you. He is not an object, and not a physical being. As Paul the Apostle said to the Greeks, "I see you have many gods, even a statue to the unknown god. That god is the one I am preaching to you", the one you know not. Paul was a Jew and a Pharisee, a worshipper of Jehovah, the god who gave life to Adam, and to all beings.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

godmessenger

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 26, 2017, 06:17:01 PM
It depends on who Cthulhu is defined as: the first being who sprang forth in the infinite moment of time from the eternal laws of reality, exists in real time and creates beings according to those laws? I can provide evidence, but you prove to me that he doesn't exist. As what does he not exist? As what does he exist?

aitm

Quote from: godmessenger on January 26, 2017, 07:08:11 PM
I already defined God for you.

Sorry spanky, I don't read all your patterings. This is  new topic, so define your god in it. This: "I already defined God for you. He is not an object, and not a physical being." is simply childish jibberish.

It is not here nor there, nor up and down, nor everywhere and yet all......yeah...yer a fucking genii-us.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: godmessenger on January 26, 2017, 07:08:11 PM
I already defined God for you. He is not an object, and not a physical being. As Paul the Apostle said to the Greeks, "I see you have many gods, even a statue to the unknown god. That god is the one I am preaching to you", the one you know not. Paul was a Jew and a Pharisee, a worshipper of Jehovah, the god who gave life to Adam, and to all beings.

Your didactic god is empty words .. he can't save or do anything, other than waste people's precious time.  I am a demigod, I don't need anyone to prove my own existence.  That is real divinity ... not empty words (because I am a living being typing this in reference to myself, not some imagined thing being written about by someone who has no knowledge).  The notion that Christians are monotheist, is a mistaken belief.  I have been to Athens, to the Areopagus ... and I didn't see Paul, maybe he was at a cafe having a Greek coffee ;-)  I did visit the approximate location that Socrates was executed ... and I did say hi to him, even though I couldn't see him.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Last I checked in a physics study, in order for something to be created, it requires matter to be transmitted into other forms down to its molecule level, such as what stars and black holes form. The presence of matter and anti matter are the fundamental building blocks of things forming in the universe.

But I suppose that's a little to complex, so saying an invisible giant ghost daddy who only exists in your imagination is a bit easier to translate.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

The Skeletal Atheist

What the fuck is an athest?

Also, yes I can say the burden of proof is on you because it is. You're the one making the claim. If I said I had a baseball signed by Babe Ruth but denied letting you see the baseball or even a picture of the baseball what would you call me? Either a liar or an idiot. Prove to us that you're not a liar or an idiot with your god claim.

Better yet, prove I don't have a baseball signed by Babe Ruth. I'm not gonna give you proof that I have one either, because by your logic the burden of proof isn't exclusively on me. It's up to you to prove that I don't have one.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: godmessenger on January 26, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
Atheists, time for you to present evidence that there is no God. And don't say that it is up to theists to present evidence of God. That is copping out. Also, don't say that you can't prove a negative. That is not true. The negative can be proven. It's just harder, because you have to prove the whole medium. Also, don't state that you can't prove something that doesn't exist. That is stupid, and assumes something not yet proven. If God doesn't exist, as you atheists obviously believe, then there must be a logical reason why He doesn't. I say logic, not philosophic, like "why does God allow bad things to happen". If you ask for a definition of God, He is the Deity, the first "being", the Supreme being who creates all things and has existed for all time, being omniscient and omnipotent.
We don't have to prove a negative.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers