News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Class of 2013

Started by Triple Nine, June 08, 2013, 02:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Nine

Well, I've been out for a few weeks due to graduation. For once in my life I actually feel happy. In Orange County, Florida we have a tradition of Senior Prank (the kids have to let the principal though but it's basically one free pass to jack up the school, this year was teepee) and Walkout(seniors get out two weeks before everyone else after 1st period on the last day for seniors). Walkout is also a big fat party in the courtyard with a band, confetti, shaving cream, flour, and whatnot as the teachers cheer. For people who have graduated this year, what's your experience?
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

SilentFutility

I left school in 2010, so I can't really share my experiences of graduating this year. I just wanted to say, I'm glad I finally got out, and I'm glad that soon I'll be out of education completely and working. I'm working this summer and I like it so much better. Good luck to you, and I hope that you go on to greater and more fulfilling things.

WitchSabrina

Congratulations on your graduation!!! =D>
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Shiranu

Wow, if we did that where I grew up we would have been arrested (in fact, people were)...

I skipped my high school graduation. Its high school... you are expected to pass. The only notable occasion is if you don't, which shows you have pretty much no career future...

But I mean... congrats anyways :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

Triple Nine

Quote from: "Shiranu"Wow, if we did that where I grew up we would have been arrested (in fact, people were)...

I skipped my high school graduation. Its high school... you are expected to pass. The only notable occasion is if you don't, which shows you have pretty much no career future...

But I mean... congrats anyways :P.

Senior Prank is the school being nice and allowing seniors vent their frustration with totalitarian rules of the school. My school has no fights and all the races get along but they treat everyone like criminals. Dress code, phone policy, and tardy policy were particularly annoying. When I saw seniors getting tickets for graduation after our break started I saw so many booty shorts. Dress code was basically likely to affect any not ugly female and no one else. Don't have to deal with any of that stupid administator shit anymore and it feels SO GOOD. :)
Playing: Skullgirls
On hold: Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS)
Pokemon X & Y (3DS)
Whenever I get my GODDAMNED 3DS back  \":evil:\"
Religion, Nationalism, and Racism is all under the evil wing of Conservatism and preservation of useless traditions!

Colanth

Quote from: "Triple Nine"When I saw seniors getting tickets for graduation after our break started I saw so many booty shorts. Dress code was basically likely to affect any not ugly female and no one else. Don't have to deal with any of that stupid administator shit anymore and it feels SO GOOD. :)
Dress code is just practice for reality.  Walk into an office dressed like that and your last pay check is the one you already got last week.  If you think high school rules suck, wait until your boss tells you to do things you don't like and the result of not doing them isn't detention, but your family going on welfare until you can find another way of supporting them.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

gussy

Congrats and good luck.  A rather mild prank never hurts anyone.  My seniors this year pulled a rather gross one and I ended up throwing my shirt out because of it.  All in good fun though.

Solitary

=D> Congratulations! When I graduated from High school a prank was suppose to show how smart you were without hurting anything. For a prank at our school we took down the flag pole in put it in a hallway. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you see how we did it. On the outside of the school by the flagpole was an electrical box locked with a pad lock (easy to pick) with a panel in back with four screws holding it that the flag pole would just fit through. Inside the school in the hallway was another electrical box not locked, but with a panel of switches with six screws holding it.

We measure the hallway and it was a 1/4 of an inch longer than the flag pole with a stair way at the end, and at the other, with the electrical box, hallway going at a 90 degree angle. It was fun seeing maintenance trying to get the pole down the winding stair way or bent around the corner of the hallway for days. It took them two weeks to figure out how to get it out of there.  :rollin:  I still laugh thinking about it. The story actually got me a high paying job as an engineering physicist on an interview. Bill
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Farroc

QuoteDress code is just practice for reality. Walk into an office dressed like that and your last pay check is the one you already got last week. If you think high school rules suck, wait until your boss tells you to do things you don't like and the result of not doing them isn't detention, but your family going on welfare until you can find another way of supporting them.
So if we don't let the school dictate how we dress in high school we'll be physically unable to dress good for a job interview?
If somebody is stupid enough to think that dressing in baggy shorts and a tanktop for your job interview is okay just because your school let you dress that way, they probably wouldn't have even gotten the job anyway.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

gussy

Quote from: "Solitary"=D> Congratulations! When I graduated from High school a prank was suppose to show how smart you were without hurting anything. For a prank at our school we took down the flag pole in put it in a hallway. Doesn't seem like a big deal until you see how we did it. On the outside of the school by the flagpole was an electrical box locked with a pad lock (easy to pick) with a panel in back with four screws holding it that the flag pole would just fit through. Inside the school in the hallway was another electrical box not locked, but with a panel of switches with six screws holding it.

We measure the hallway and it was a 1/4 of an inch longer than the flag pole with a stair way at the end, and at the other, with the electrical box, hallway going at a 90 degree angle. It was fun seeing maintenance trying to get the pole down the winding stair way or bent around the corner of the hallway for days. It took them two weeks to figure out how to get it out of there.  :rollin:  I still laugh thinking about it. The story actually got me a high paying job as an engineering physicist on an interview. Bill

Very clever.  The best pranks are the ones that involve the students outsmarting the staff.  Three weeks ago we dealt with the 3 little pigs.  The students set 3 greased up pigs loose in the hallways.  Nothing new there but they painted a number on each pig.  They were numbered 1,2 and 4.  I ruined a shirt tackling one of them and we eventually rounded all of them up.  We then began a long search for the pig with a 3 painted on it, which of course didn't really exist.  After an hour or so, someone suggested that we were being goofed on and we gave up.  I wanted to slap the grins off their cheeky faces but it was a good one.

Colanth

Quote from: "Farroc"
QuoteDress code is just practice for reality. Walk into an office dressed like that and your last pay check is the one you already got last week. If you think high school rules suck, wait until your boss tells you to do things you don't like and the result of not doing them isn't detention, but your family going on welfare until you can find another way of supporting them.
So if we don't let the school dictate how we dress in high school we'll be physically unable to dress good for a job interview?
If somebody is stupid enough to think that dressing in baggy shorts and a tanktop for your job interview is okay just because your school let you dress that way, they probably wouldn't have even gotten the job anyway.
I guess you've never had to interview job prospects.  Skin tight shorts and a tube top (and boots).  Fatigues and an undershirt.  And these were for professional positions.  Granted, I've also worked in one office where flip-flops were the normal footwear in summer, and a break might consist of ducking into a closet to change into a bathing suit, stepping out the back door and jumping into the bay for a quick swim.  But I've also interviewed people wearing jeans for an interview for a programming job in a bank back office.  (Banks haven't discovered the 20th century yet.)

So yes, if a student can't spend 4 years wearing what the school dress code calls for, he or she might have a problem dressing properly for a job interview.  But the point was that in the real world, as long as the demand isn't illegal (and having to accept harassment should be illegal), we have to accept it.  (Programmers in many companies typically work 60-80 hour weeks but, as exempt employees, don't get overtime - as just one example.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.