Trump threatens to "send in the Feds" to fix Chicago homicide rate

Started by Hydra009, January 25, 2017, 09:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Chapter 47), is the foundation of military law in the United States. The UCMJ applies to all members of the Uniformed services of the United States: the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps, and Public Health Service Commissioned Corps.
About « UCMJ â€" United States Code of Military Justice
www.ucmj.us/about-the-ucmj
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Nor is the SecDef or other civilian leadership of the DoD ... and the President heads up that civilian hierarchy.  But maybe we need to change that, end civilian leadership of the US, in favor of uniformed leadership?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2017, 07:54:04 AM
Nor is the SecDef or other civilian leadership of the DoD ... and the President heads up that civilian hierarchy.  But maybe we need to change that, end civilian leadership of the US, in favor of uniformed leadership?

Sadly, another of your unserious arguments.  If you want to suggest the US should become a military dictatorship, go ahead and argue for it straightforwardly.  Don't make snarky suggestions you cannot support.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 05, 2017, 07:59:22 AM
Sadly, another of your unserious arguments.  If you want to suggest the US should become a military dictatorship, go ahead and argue for it straightforwardly.  Don't make snarky suggestions you cannot support.

I made a question, not a statement, not an innuendo.  Is the SecDef civilian or not?  Is the Potus the boss of the SecDef, yes or no.  I am agreeing with you, you big pile of fur ;-)

On that topic ... military dictatorship ... no, I don't advocate for that.  I work for the military, half of my life so far.  I know them.  They have some advantages over civilians (in the US at least).  As far as the chaos on the civilian side of US political leadership goes ... it is a mess.  The American people as a whole could change that, I as an individual cannot (I am no egomaniac like Edward Snowden).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2017, 07:54:04 AM
Newburgh taught us that's not a good idea.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 05, 2017, 09:19:31 AM
Newburgh taught us that's not a good idea.

I keep thinking of George C Scott as the AF general in Dr Strangelove (not the psycho who launches the bombers).  Got him the prime role in Patton.

Division of power is a good thing .. but the billionaires and their crazy schemes, have subverted reality.  Just ask that Martian, Elon Musk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newburgh_Conspiracy

Yeah, Washington had the conspirators shot in some cases.  Mutiny isn't allowed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

I'll say this for J K Rowling, she might be a hypocrit in how she takes stabs at the uk for not taking in more refugees, when she owns property large enough to house several hundreds of them, but in regards to her latest tweet, kudos, very much kudos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12TLq5fQPfk
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Thanks for introducing me to Vicky Pollard ;-)  Next PM?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

fencerider

so a psycho bitch is holding the button for nuclear weapons....
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.