The Evil Deeds of Trump and the Republicans

Started by Atheon, January 25, 2017, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

How President Trump Could Seize More Power After a Terrorist Attack

BIN LADEN AND 9/11: THE EVIDENCE

If there's no evidence that Bin Laden was behind 9/11, just who the hell was?

Maybe...Martians!?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Major historical events are always mysterious ... and never solved.  Like how much did FDR know about the Pearl Harbor attack, before it happened?

As far as 9/11 goes, there is just as much funny stuff about it, as there was about the Lincoln assassination, and we will never get to the bottom of that either.  But some story must be told, one that supports the status quo, the Intelligence community, and the wealthy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Trump's purge of fellow human beings has begun. Apparently he believes human beings are less worthy than human beings. Can't let human beings live in a country occupied by human beings, after all. (Oh, that's right: they're brown!)

"Federal agents conduct immigration enforcement raids in at least six states"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/federal-agents-conduct-sweeping-immigration-enforcement-raids-in-at-least-6-states/2017/02/10/4b9f443a-efc8-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html?utm_term=.581653ae51cd
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

I guess he's going to make internment camps and start branding illegal immigrants now.

He hasn't done that yet? Oh well, guess he's still better then Roosevelt.

But wait, Roosevelt  invented the teddy bear!

Aww so maybe trump is worse then.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on February 10, 2017, 07:29:53 PMTrump's purge of fellow human beings has begun. Apparently he believes human beings are less worthy than human beings. Can't let human beings live in a country occupied by human beings, after all. (Oh, that's right: they're brown!)

"Federal agents conduct immigration enforcement raids in at least six states"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/federal-agents-conduct-sweeping-immigration-enforcement-raids-in-at-least-6-states/2017/02/10/4b9f443a-efc8-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html?utm_term=.581653ae51cd
Let's not get carried away.  If you start claiming that Trump's going after brown people when it's not immediately obvious that's the case, it opens you up to conservative dismissal of your post on the basis that you're reading more into the situation than there is based on your dissatisfaction with Trump.

Imho, the facts on the ground are objectionable enough:

The immigration authorities conducted raids to arrest and deport suspected undocumented immigrants.  These raids were abnormally intense and affected undocumented immigrants who are not suspected of having committed any other crime.  This marks a departure from the Obama administration, which prioritized undocumented immigrants with a criminal record.

In essence, Trump is shifting immigration policy from targeted arrests to blanket arrests.  This arguably could have a very negative effect in the long-term.

For example, if police are tasked to enforce immigration policy, it's likely to overtax limited police resources, distracting them from combating violent crime.  Additionally, undocumented immigrants - including children - could become less likely to call police (due to fear of being deported), making them more likely to be victimized.  This policy could have exactly the opposite result of its intended outcome, making America less safe rather than safer.

There, a measured criticism less likely to be dismissed out of hand.

Baruch

And Saint Obama deported more immigrants than any President before him.  It is against the law, for the top official in charge of carrying out the law (aka the President) to actually enforce the law.  If you don't like the law, get Congress to change it.  But don't just ignore the law, because you don't like it, otherwise you smell a lot like a Republican ;-)

Teddy Roosevelt is connected to the bear, FDR was his younger cousin.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

There is a method to madness.  It seeks division among rational people, creates uncertainity, picks out specific groups to attack, spreads false news, misuses power to cause chaos in society to take advantage of fear, and seeks to perpetuate itself in the form of The One True Leader.

Reminds me of 1930s Germany...  Oh well, it can't happen HERE, right?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 01:42:00 AM
There is a method to madness.  It seeks division among rational people, creates uncertainity, picks out specific groups to attack, spreads false news, misuses power to cause chaos in society to take advantage of fear, and seeks to perpetuate itself in the form of The One True Leader.

Reminds me of 1930s Germany...  Oh well, it can't happen HERE, right?

Already did, then FDR died.  And I don't think his death was entirely natural either.  OSS did it, to save Germany at the last moment.  Catholics, all the way down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 11, 2017, 09:39:52 AM
Already did, then FDR died.  And I don't think his death was entirely natural either.  OSS did it, to save Germany at the last moment.  Catholics, all the way down.

OK, that is so odd, I'm signing off.  Time for dinner!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 11, 2017, 09:45:24 AM
OK, that is so odd, I'm signing off.  Time for dinner!

You were keeping me from breakfast, bruin.  i get cranky when I wake up from my short hibernation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Let's not forget that zenophobic old bigot Trump lived through the red-scare. He's got a lotta crazy stuff goin on in his head; undoubtedly twice as crazy as what he lets out for people to see...
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on February 11, 2017, 02:13:56 PM
Let's not forget that zenophobic old bigot Trump lived through the red-scare. He's got a lotta crazy stuff goin on in his head; undoubtedly twice as crazy as what he lets out for people to see...

The Soviets were scary.  Triggered Gen Z ... not so much.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 10, 2017, 09:01:42 PM
This policy could have exactly the opposite result of its intended outcome, making America less safe rather than safer.

No, I think that is exactly its intended outcome...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 11, 2017, 03:51:13 PM
No, I think that is exactly its intended outcome...

You better hide Neo ... the replicated bad hologram guys are gaining on you!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found