The Evil Deeds of Trump and the Republicans

Started by Atheon, January 25, 2017, 02:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on February 01, 2017, 08:21:47 PM
Cops are doing a lot of that lately, and actually shooting them.  It disturbs me too!  Apparently they can't tell a Democrat unless they have a big D on their foreheads, and even Democrats aren't that dumb ;-)
Most of that happens in Republican jurisdictions and in police forces militarized under the Bush Administration. Nationwide, Congress makes law, and Congress has been Repube since 2011.

The reason cops are behaving like this is because of a right-wing cop culture fueled by Repubes.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on February 01, 2017, 08:25:05 PM
Most of that happens in Republican jurisdictions and in police forces militarized under the Bush Administration. Nationwide, Congress makes law, and Congress has been Repube since 2011.

The reason cops are behaving like this is because of a right-wing cop culture fueled by Repubes.

You may be right ... also cops hired are ex-military with PTSD ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Actions have consequences, and Trump's occupancy of the White House will end up with negative consequences for us all, yes, including Trump supporters themselves. We prospered under Clinton and Obama, and freedoms were expanded (particularly in gay rights and healthcare); we will suffer big time under Trump far worse than we did under Bush.

We are losing our freedoms as we speak, and the Republicnas have a huge agenda of destruction on their plate that they are eager to advance.

It already affects me, and I belong to the favored race, gender and sexual orientation of the New Reich (and I could fake being a Christian in a pinch), and I'm not poor. For instance, I can't go to Iran now, which was something I was hoping to do soon. If someone as privileged as me is affected negatively, just imagine how people who aren't members of privileged categories will be affected.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

"Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice." - Comrade Twitler

I have no words.

Atheon

This being an atheist forum, this should be of concern to atheists.

Leaked Draft of Trump’s Religious Freedom Order Reveals Sweeping Plans to Legalize Discrimination

If signed, the order would create wholesale exemptions for people and organizations who claim religious objections to same-sex marriage, premarital sex, abortion, and trans identity.

My comment: FREEDOM DOES NOT INCLUDE THE RIGHT TO VIOLATE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS.

https://www.thenation.com/article/leaked-draft-of-trumps-religious-freedom-order-reveals-sweeping-plans-to-legalize-discrimination/

(Why any atheist would support Trump or the Republicans, who are in league with the Religious Right and gladly do their bidding, is quite beyond my capacity.)

Baruch

The Catholic Church is behind that one, as is the Mormon Church vs gay rights initiative a few years ago in California.  You are up against more than just Republicans, but also religious Democrats.  It is easy for unscrupulous politicians (is there any other kind?) to bash a minority like atheists or gays.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Its interesting to track how old presidents look from when they begin to when they end, must be such a taxing job that manifests in their personal appearance.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Steve Bannon: 'We're going to war in the South China Sea ... no doubt'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/02/steve-bannon-donald-trump-war-south-china-sea-no-doubt

("But Hillary sent emails!!!" Fuck you.)

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on February 02, 2017, 09:47:43 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

Steve Bannon: 'We're going to war in the South China Sea ... no doubt'

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/02/steve-bannon-donald-trump-war-south-china-sea-no-doubt

("But Hillary sent emails!!!" Fuck you.)

That directly impacts you on Taiwan ... and I am concerned for you.  But if you had chosen Hillary we would nuke Russia instead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2017, 03:23:15 PM
This is a rhetorical question, right?

Hillary was decent ... if she kept her clothes on.  And no, President Trump isn't decent .. he needs to join ISIS and decapitate people ... so the Snowflakes grow some.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gYcXLYe_rE

Here's the text:

http://millercenter.org/president/fdroosevelt/speeches/speech-3316

QuoteAnd one more point on this: (Also) Our present emergency and a common sense of decency make it imperative that no new group of war millionaires shall come into being in this nation as a result of the struggles abroad. The American people will not relish the idea of any American citizen growing rich and fat in an emergency of blood and slaughter and human suffering.
QuoteBut there is an added technique for weakening a nation at its very roots, for disrupting the entire pattern of life of a people. And it is important that we understand it.
The method is simple. It is, first, discord, a dissemination of discord. A group --not too large -- a group that may be sectional or racial or political -- is encouraged to exploit (their) its prejudices through false slogans and emotional appeals. The aim of those who deliberately egg on these groups is to create confusion of counsel, public indecision, political paralysis and eventually, a state of panic.
Sound national policies come to be viewed with a new and unreasoning skepticism, not through the wholesome (political) debates of honest and free men, but through the clever schemes of foreign agents.
God Not Found

Baruch

That is why he had to cut off Prentice Bush's nuts.  Prentice never forgave him, or his son, or his grandsons.  Trading with the enemy was ... poorly timed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2017, 06:56:21 PM
Hillary was decent ... if she kept her clothes on.  And no, President Trump isn't decent .. he needs to join ISIS and decapitate people ... so the Snowflakes grow some.
I wonder if your ass ever gets jealous of your mouth (or fingers) for all the crap it spews?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2017, 06:58:45 PM
I wonder if your ass ever gets jealous of your mouth (or fingers) for all the crap it spews?

Crap and piss are the primary outputs of ape people ... and our primary weapons systems too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.