Trump Approves Keystone Pipeline, Cuts Regulations

Started by Shiranu, January 24, 2017, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 25, 2017, 04:53:24 PM
The fighting has only just begun, I fear. Non-violent Native Americans vs extremely violent mercenaries funded by Chump and his billionaire cronies.

Who'll win?

Ticket scalpers?  (sorry, bad joke, had to do it).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 24, 2017, 10:37:25 PM
This is what I feared might happen.  And not long after Obama did the right thing and rejected the XL pipeline, too. :(

Well, we're looking at President Drill Baby Drill for the next 4 years.  I hope you guys like protests and widespread public discontent, because that's what we're in for from here on out.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

If anyone thought Trump would stop a pipe line, save a tree, a bear, or not  fuck up a Florida wet land, that would be very naïve.  He is a real state developer.

AllPurposeAtheist

This is little peanuts in the grand scheme because he now wants to reinstitute torture as the go to for foreign policy.
If our congress had any spine AT ALL they would inform him that if he does he'll be remanded over to the Hague to stand charges as a war criminal IMMEDIATELY. However, they don't and won't. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 25, 2017, 07:06:18 PM
Ticket scalpers?  (sorry, bad joke, had to do it).
Indeed, a very bad joke, considering it was the whites who began the practice against the indigenous occupants of the New World!

Scalping: Fact & Fantasy

QuoteStereotypes are absorbed from popular literature, folklore, and misinformation. For instance, many children (and adults) incorrectly believe that fierce native warriors were universally fond of scalping early white settlers and soldiers. In fact, when it came to the bizarre practice of scalping, Europeans were the ones who encouraged and carried out much of the scalping that went on in the history of white/native relations in America.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Doesn't excuse the natives from taking up a bad English practice.  They are supposed to decapitate with a sword or axe as I recall ... tomahawks were puny.  Ever read any of the "settler" narratives about criminal native behavior (natives had their criminals too, not just the settlers).  Pretty much how African-American young men are viewed today, unfortunately for all parties concerned.  Of course Europeans never were cruel to women and children captives (cough).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 26, 2017, 09:18:41 AM
This is little peanuts in the grand scheme because he now wants to reinstitute torture as the go to for foreign policy.
If our congress had any spine AT ALL they would inform him that if he does he'll be remanded over to the Hague to stand charges as a war criminal IMMEDIATELY. However, they don't and won't.

Torture isn't used to get information ... it is used to dehumanize a victim into sub-human status.  Human captives wouldn't be tortured.  But then modern people aren't civilized, are we?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 26, 2017, 06:19:20 PM
Torture isn't used to get information ... it is used to dehumanize a victim into sub-human status.  Human captives wouldn't be tortured.  But then modern people aren't civilized, are we?
I am not dead because the locals "interrogated" a few people.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 27, 2017, 01:50:04 PM
I am not dead because the locals "interrogated" a few people.

You aren't dead because of the firebombing of Hamburg, Dresden, Tokyo etc.  Unless you live in a bad neighborhood in the US, you have never been in danger in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2017, 07:55:17 PM
You aren't dead because of the firebombing of Hamburg, Dresden, Tokyo etc.  Unless you live in a bad neighborhood in the US, you have never been in danger in the US.
Who the fuck said anything about this being in the US, please?
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 27, 2017, 09:02:01 PM
Who the fuck said anything about this being in the US, please?

You aren't currently living in the US, or lived in the US in the past?  You were implying that "you felt threatened" by ... some folks.  That without the cops ... you would be robbed raped and murdered instantly on US streets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Do you really think that a guy from the white supremicist generation is going to have any respect for native Americans?

Let's be clear on native American treaties. There were a great many treaties made after the Constitution was written. Now if you want to talk about whether or not the native Americans were given a written copy, or if you want to talk about the U.S. representatives conveniently loosing their copy is a different story.

If you want to be cynical well... the U.S. has a history full of breaking tresties and promises. Why should native Americans be treated any differently. Most recent example George Bush Sr promised Russia that NATO would never be expanded in eastern Europe. Then George Bush Jr put a missile defense system in Poland.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Unbeliever

I wonder if any of that DAPL oil will go to fuel this country, or will be sold on the world market (i.e., to China)?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 28, 2017, 05:45:37 PM
I wonder if any of that DAPL oil will go to fuel this country, or will be sold on the world market (i.e., to China)?

World market aka China.  All the gold is going to China for the last 10 years.  They are opening up a new big gold mine someplace ... it is all going to China.  The Rothschilds and the Swiss are intermediaries.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 28, 2017, 04:24:20 AM
You aren't currently living in the US, or lived in the US in the past?  You were implying that "you felt threatened" by ... some folks.  That without the cops ... you would be robbed raped and murdered instantly on US streets.
And you're going for the gold standard in waffling I see. I implied jack shit about cops in the US, or anybody else in the US for that matter. Get your head out of your ass at least annually.
PZ Myers