Texas Runner Dies after Drive-By/Road Rage Shooting

Started by Shiranu, January 24, 2017, 10:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.caller.com/story/news/crime/2017/01/24/local-runner-dies-tuesday-after-sunday-shooting-wreck/96992306/

QuoteA local runner who died Tuesday was driving home from a trail race near Houston when he was shot Sunday on Interstate Highway 37.

Andre Fuqua, 25, was an avid runner who had dreams of becoming a running coach for kids, his friends said.

"He was a very encouraging, adventurous type of person," said Jay Wimberley, Corpus Christi Half Marathon race director and Corpus Christi Roadrunners board member. "He loved nature and the running scene."

Detectives are investigating Fuqua's death as the first homicide of the year, police said.

About 11:36 p.m. Sunday, police went to the 11000 block of I-37 Southbound where they found a black 2016 Subaru Crosstek on its side, Lt. Chris Hooper said.

Fuqua was found inside the vehicle with gunshot wounds and was taken to Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial, police said.

He graduated from Flour Bluff High School in 2010 and after graduation, he ran and did track and field at Texas A&M University-Kingsville where he planned to obtain a master's degree in kinesiology.

Fuqua had driven alone to the Horse Shoe Trail Run in Hitchcock over the weekend, Wimberley said.

"He had a passion for long distance trail running, and in the last few months had just completed his main goal 100k trail race," Wimberley said. "He was a young, kind, caring individual that would go out of his way in order to help others."

Senior Officer Kirk Stowers said it was unclear what led to the shooting.

"We don't know if he was in the middle of a drive-by shooting or if it was road rage and whoever is responsible is still at large," Stowers said.

Heraldo Pena, a forensic investigator with the Nueces County Medical Examiner's Office, said a cause of death and autopsy were pending as of Tuesday afternoon.

He was a running partner to one of my co-workers and friend, as well as her boyfriend, who I had met several times and they were to be running a relay next month in Houston. But that will never happen now because we value our fucking guns more than we value human lives. So thank you, everyone who has defended gun's for everyone, who has opposed sensible gun regulation... thank you for telling me that your gun was more important than his life.

Fucking shit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Usually road rage is just one driver against another.  You say the victim was jogging, not driving?  Just red-neck ville ... like that Black girl they arrested down in Texas on a traffic charge, but after a few days in jail she hanged herself ... suicide the cops say ;-(  Apparently people have forgotten how things were circa 1960 in some parts.

Now, guns aren't a problem.  White people are.  Lets kill them all ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on January 24, 2017, 10:02:07 PM... thank you for telling me that your gun was more important than his life.

Fucking shit.
My cousins have literally told me that. They say that a certain amount of dying is "acceptable" if their freedom to own guns is not curtained.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 25, 2017, 06:44:15 AM
My cousins have literally told me that. They say that a certain amount of dying is "acceptable" if their freedom to own guns is not curtained.

Shiranu for dictator!  Make us all wear fuzzy pink pussy hats please.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Now with Chump as unpresident, expect gun fatalities to keep rising as gun restrictions are loosened.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on January 25, 2017, 07:20:20 AM
Make me dictator.

Universal healthcare, unrestricted abortions, nuclear arsenal eliminated, guns abolished, borders open, and free beer for all!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 25, 2017, 07:20:20 AM
Elysian News Network.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 25, 2017, 07:29:50 AM
Make me dictator.

Universal healthcare, unrestricted abortions, nuclear arsenal eliminated, guns abolished, borders open, and free beer for all!

This is why we can't have nice things ... I suspect you would drink all the beer ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 25, 2017, 01:20:22 PM
Well SJWs act like they are in a giant echo chamber ...
Just like most other people.
PZ Myers