News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The snow effect on the page

Started by widdershins, January 23, 2017, 11:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

It's cool an all, but this is the 21st century.  Sooner or later (probably sooner) you're going to have to get used to the fact that you get rain in the winter, not snow.  It was raining here an entire day last week.  And freezing rain the week before.  But NOT because of global warming!  No sir, the science is still out on that!  Not among scientists, of course, but among conservatives anyway, and that fucking counts for some reason!
This sentence is a lie...

pr126

There is an option in the personal setting to turn the snow off if it is not wanted.
Obviously it only works when logged in.

Hydra009

Yeah, it's not always snowing, much of the time it's a "wintry mix" (which I've recently learned, is inxplicably missing the lettr e)

SGOS

(If you don't believe in global warming, it turns the snow off automatically)

PickelledEggs

It was super windy all night last night. I didn't get any sleep. Finally fell to sleep around 10:30 am or so and just woke up now... which is 20 min to 5

There has been a few semi-heavy snowstorms where I am, luckily. But for the most part, it's been autumn weather. Don't even need a jacket to go out because it's 40-50 degrees. or at best, you only need a light jacket. Not much of a winter

Sal1981

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 23, 2017, 11:36:18 AM
Yeah, it's not always snowing, much of the time it's a "wintry mix" (which I've recently learned, is inxplicably missing the lettr e)
What??  You really expect the English language to be rational???
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 23, 2017, 06:05:32 PM
What??  You really expect the English language to be rational???
Sort of, yes. :P

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 23, 2017, 06:52:49 PM
Sort of, yes. :P
Ah, yes.....I bough..,err...bow before your sagacity.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

widdershins

Quote from: SGOS on January 23, 2017, 01:14:49 PM
(If you don't believe in global warming, it turns the snow off automatically)
There's the jackassery I was fishing for!
This sentence is a lie...

SGOS

Quote from: widdershins on January 24, 2017, 11:09:15 AM
There's the jackassery I was fishing for!

Actually, I fucked up and got it backwards.  (If you DON'T believe in global warming, the snow turns on automatically).

Unbeliever

Quote from: widdershins on January 23, 2017, 11:04:27 AM
It's cool an all, but this is the 21st century.  Sooner or later (probably sooner) you're going to have to get used to the fact that you get rain in the winter, not snow.  It was raining here an entire day last week.  And freezing rain the week before.  But NOT because of global warming!  No sir, the science is still out on that!  Not among scientists, of course, but among conservatives anyway, and that fucking counts for some reason!
Well, hell, any conservative knows way more than any damn scientist! Everyone knows that...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 23, 2017, 04:38:09 PM
It was super windy all night last night. I didn't get any sleep. Finally fell to sleep around 10:30 am or so and just woke up now... which is 20 min to 5

Woman Calls 911 to Stop Wind
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

wolf39us

lol guys, I shut it down for now.  No worries :-)

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 25, 2017, 05:46:32 PM

Woman Calls 911 to Stop Wind

Florida Florida Florida Florida

*cross references article*

Oh, it's new york. That means the Florida crazy is spreading?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin