Christians Should Kill Themselves (shameless click bait)

Started by Blackleaf, January 22, 2017, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heisreal

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 26, 2017, 10:47:13 PM
You didn't even read the post, did you? You just read the topic and decided that you needed to enlighten us with your thoughts. How topical of a Christian.

I read the OP very carefully! The theme is hatred! Your knowledge of what a Christian is striving to be is very limited, as well as your scriptural knowledge.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Heisreal on January 26, 2017, 09:47:09 PM
Why do you wish death on Christians, we don't wish that on you?

I know some atheists who are sincere in their unbelief, they wish no harm to anyone. Then there's the atheist like you, who wants everyone who believes in Jesus Christ to be dead. It doesn't sound like the Christians are the problem.

If you want the Christians dead, you should join ISIS, become a Muslim.
It sounds like this one is......................and your reading comprehension is typical theist--almost nonexistent.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Heisreal

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 26, 2017, 11:50:48 PM
It sounds like this one is......................and your reading comprehension is typical theist--almost nonexistent.

That's what Trump said about the Democrats. I guess we see things differently also.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Heisreal on January 26, 2017, 11:18:24 PM
I read the OP very carefully! The theme is hatred! Your knowledge of what a Christian is striving to be is very limited, as well as your scriptural knowledge.

Not carefully enough, apparently. And I'm not going to waste energy explaining it to you. If you're that lacking in reading comprehension, there's nothing to be gained in this conversation.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Heisreal on January 26, 2017, 11:18:24 PM

Blackleaf is making a point about metaphysical inconsistency.  If Jesus self-sacrifices, then in imitation of Jesus, Christians should self-sacrifice.  Pretty simple really.  And in the age of martyrs, Christians still understood this.  But after Constantine, not so much.  Then it became fashionable to theologize that Jesus was the one and only necessary sacrifice, that martyrdom was no longer necessary.  As I have pointed out elsewhere, Christianity was turned on its own head in the 4th century.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Heisreal

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2017, 07:14:11 AM
Blackleaf is making a point about metaphysical inconsistency.  If Jesus self-sacrifices, then in imitation of Jesus, Christians should self-sacrifice.  Pretty simple really.  And in the age of martyrs, Christians still understood this.  But after Constantine, not so much.  Then it became fashionable to theologize that Jesus was the one and only necessary sacrifice, that martyrdom was no longer necessary.  As I have pointed out elsewhere, Christianity was turned on its own head in the 4th century.

Blackleaf said,

"Because we're all sinful, that person would inevitably need another sacrifice sometime down the line. So the solution is simple. Either hoard cats or make a permanent sacrifice. One that will cover both past transgressions and those that could be made in the future."

God will only accept a perfect, sinless sacrifice. Only the man Jesus Christ fits that sacrifice, for all sin and for all time. There can be no other sacrifice, that Blackleaf eludes to. Although he would lead you to believe we Christians should make that sacrifice.

Heb. 10:26
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

Blackleaf is twisting the Word of God to suggest something that is impossible.

Baruch

I can't agree, to theologizing of the Jewish martyrdom cult.  Jews were martyring themselves in the days of the Maccabees.  Jesus wasn't perfect, nobody is.  Even Jesus denied equality with the Father.  And I would definitely contend that the Father is not perfect.  To say that the world is perfect, or that the creator of the world is a perfect creator of an imperfect world ... is to deny any intelligibility.  Imperfect creator of an imperfect world ... that is true, and I hate it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Heisreal

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2017, 07:30:22 PM
I can't agree, to theologizing of the Jewish martyrdom cult.  Jews were martyring themselves in the days of the Maccabees.  Jesus wasn't perfect, nobody is.  Even Jesus denied equality with the Father.  And I would definitely contend that the Father is not perfect.  To say that the world is perfect, or that the creator of the world is a perfect creator of an imperfect world ... is to deny any intelligibility.  Imperfect creator of an imperfect world ... that is true, and I hate it.

It's your God given right as a human being to believe as you choose. He didn't create robots.

Baruch

Quote from: Heisreal on January 27, 2017, 07:58:08 PM
It's your God given right as a human being to believe as you choose. He didn't create robots.

According to atheists ... G-d did ... and defective robots at that ;-)  I don't think we are robots, but I agree that we are defective ... but in the image of G-d (the defective).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Heisreal

Quote from: Baruch on January 27, 2017, 08:02:46 PM
According to atheists ... G-d did ... and defective robots at that ;-)  I don't think we are robots, but I agree that we are defective ... but in the image of G-d (the defective).

It was the choice of man that made him defective. It was never God's plan. But there again, God gave man free will to choose what he will do.

The problem with all of this is that man will reap what he sows. But thanks be to God, he made a way for us, that is, those who choose to believe that He can and will.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Heisreal on January 27, 2017, 08:13:53 PM
It was the choice of man that made him defective. It was never God's plan. But there again, God gave man free will to choose what he will do.

The problem with all of this is that man will reap what he sows. But thanks be to God, he made a way for us, that is, those who choose to believe that He can and will.

You don't believe everything was created by an omniscient, omnipotent god, then?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Heisreal on January 27, 2017, 05:36:24 PM
Blackleaf said,

"Because we're all sinful, that person would inevitably need another sacrifice sometime down the line. So the solution is simple. Either hoard cats or make a permanent sacrifice. One that will cover both past transgressions and those that could be made in the future."

God will only accept a perfect, sinless sacrifice. Only the man Jesus Christ fits that sacrifice, for all sin and for all time. There can be no other sacrifice, that Blackleaf eludes to. Although he would lead you to believe we Christians should make that sacrifice.

Heb. 10:26
For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins."

Blackleaf is twisting the Word of God to suggest something that is impossible.

Read again, because you failed to get the entire point of my post. If God is just, and we are supposed to imitate him, then you should adopt his definition of justice. Every time you forgive someone without demanding that they pay their sin debt, you prove that you do not agree with God's sense of justice. Every time you do not willingly pay for the sins of those who offend you, you show that you know Jesus' sacrifice makes no sense. No more excuses. No more evading.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Heisreal

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 28, 2017, 02:31:30 AM
Read again, because you failed to get the entire point of my post. If God is just, and we are supposed to imitate him, then you should adopt his definition of justice. Every time you forgive someone without demanding that they pay their sin debt, you prove that you do not agree with God's sense of justice. Every time you do not willingly pay for the sins of those who offend you, you show that you know Jesus' sacrifice makes no sense. No more excuses. No more evading.

You fail to understand the word of God. But how can you understand when you reject and belittle?

Romans 12:19
"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

The Lord Himself takes care of wrong doings to His own. Christians are hated and considered weak because they let the Lord fight their battles. It's not easy to turn the other cheek, but it is the Lord's commandment.

Your analogy of biblical sacrifices is that of a child's understanding.

Baruch

Try to keep your ego under a rock please.  Are you sure you understand G-d's word?  I think not ... but do keep on trying.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

Don't worry Mr Obvious. The cats I provide won't be family.

To add on to Blackleaf's op "Be Holy because I am Holy". The Bible is full of stories of god killing people;for no good reason; and then making up a reason to justify killing after the fact. So maybe we should just go around killing people we don't like and then figure out an explanation after the fact.

Or if we were to follow the logic of god sending bears to kill kids that made fun of his friend Elijah, maybe when somebody makes fun of our friend's car we should be throwing acid in their face.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.