News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Religious Weirdo Of The Month

Started by Solitary, June 08, 2013, 12:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:evil:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"Here is another evil statement which can be found in their website F.A.Q.:

We sincerely hope and pray that all 20,000 Swedes are dead, their bodies bloated on the ground or in mass graves or floating at sea feeding sharks and fishes or in the bellies of thousands of crocodiles washed ashore by tsunamis. These filthy, faggot Swedes have a satanic, draconian law criminalizing Gospel preaching, under which they prosecuted, convicted and sentenced Pastor Ake Green to jail - thereby incurring God's irreversible wrath - Westboro Baptist Church
What a distortion of reality.  Green was convicted of hate speech against a particular group (homosexuals), not for preaching.  He was sentenced, but since the conviction was overturned, he was never imprisoned.

And since the Bible doesn't condemn homosexuality, condemning homosexuality isn't "preaching the Gospel", it's preaching hatred.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

I think decade would probably be closer.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh, you're being harsh now. After all, he DOES share the same last name with the guy from the old Mission Impossible TV show. :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

WitchSabrina

I dedicated a year of my life fighting to get Fred Phelps and his ilk away from the burial of US soldiers.
He's probably The most pathetic person I can think of.  Onward Christian Soldiers, my ass.  If there is a God and a Jesus I cannot WAIT for Fred Phelps to have to stand afore them and attest to his actions.  I'd sooner skate into heaven on a silver platter than he.  What an asshole
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Savior2006

Phelps just seems like a proportional distortion of the American religious conservative. Hates gay people? Check? Hates the country for allowing them to live their lives rather than throwing them in prisons and asylums? Double check.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

AllPurposeAtheist

I nominate me. I'm a weirdo too and have been pushing the agenda of worshiping THE lone dental deity, The Tooth Fairy, what I like to call Toothfairianism. Her Dental Deity is the only deity to actually pay cold hard cash and why you may ask? Dental work is expensive and all those so called fossils.. Those are made of crushed kids teeth. And hey! The Tooth Fairy is ok with false teeth!
Fred Phelps a weirdo? Nah.. He's just a waste of his daddy's sperm.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

When Phelps first did his thing at a military funeral- had I been there, I'd have probably killed the guy. But all he has accomplished is to disgust a nation and caused people to rally against him. His brand of lunacy has probably caused more people to think negatively about their religion than we have.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"When Phelps first did his thing at a military funeral- had I been there, I'd have probably killed the guy. But all he has accomplished is to disgust a nation and caused people to rally against him. His brand of lunacy has probably caused more people to think negatively about their religion than we have.

That is true, Strom.  Good point.   I can think Phelps is gross all I want - but he did help Point to how ridiculous religion can be - even to other christians.   So........  yeah......  wow you're right.
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

widdershins

Only a month for Freddy?  I think he's earned at least a decade.  And where do you go from here?  The rest of the congregation at the WBC (ie, the rest of the Phelps family)?  Really I don't think it's fair at all.  By naming Fred Phelps at all you're giving all weirdos everywhere a bad name.  That's like starting a list of the worst people in history in relation to how they treated the Jews and starting with Hitler.  Everyone else by comparison seems downright timid.
This sentence is a lie...

Colanth

Quote from: "Savior2006"Phelps just seems like a proportional distortion of the American religious conservative. Hates gay people? Check? Hates the country for allowing them to live their lives rather than throwing them in prisons and asylums? Double check.
You left out "loves the money he gets from suing people who deprive him of the right to be an obnoxious asshole".
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.