British interference in American politics circa 1940

Started by Baruch, January 21, 2017, 12:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

You are strawmanning again. Stupid habit you have.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Straw men shouldn't go near matches - Wicked Witch of the West
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Drivel should not be posted every time the impulse arises.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 01, 2017, 07:09:01 AM
History is made up of sweeping generalizations, so pot calling kettle black.  If you have a nuanced view of what Churchill was doing in FDR's bathroom at Hyde Park ... share it ... but I don't see how you can justify knowing it to be so.  You are like an academic, who hates all other academics.  But they say philosophers are even more abusive than historians.  If you are trying to protect the British reputation, say so.

This statement seems equally unsupported by fact.  Just saying...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 05:26:19 AM
This statement seems equally unsupported by fact.  Just saying...

The only fact is ... you just posted that.  What it means, is arguable, not factual.  Even what you think your post means, because you could be delusional.  You might think you are a bear, instead of a 17th century philosopher.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 09:20:04 AM
The only fact is ... you just posted that.  What it means, is arguable, not factual.  Even what you think your post means, because you could be delusional.  You might think you are a bear, instead of a 17th century philosopher.

You got me cold on this.  I am a 17th century ursus spelaeus.  Can't speak, can't think, dumb right out of hibernation.  I'm a dream of a thought of a dream.  I don't really exist.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 01:45:29 PM
You got me cold on this.  I am a 17th century ursus spelaeus.  Can't speak, can't think, dumb right out of hibernation.  I'm a dream of a thought of a dream.  I don't really exist.

Great ... if you are in a dream, and you are Brahman ... then don't wake up ... it ends the universe!  At least you aren't delusional breakfast cereal (Lucky Charms) .... then you are dumb right out of the box ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 04:07:45 PM
Great ... if you are in a dream, and you are Brahman ... then don't wake up ... it ends the universe!  At least you aren't delusional breakfast cereal (Lucky Charms) .... then you are dumb right out of the box ;-))

For the sake of you all, I will try to stay asleep...