British interference in American politics circa 1940

Started by Baruch, January 21, 2017, 12:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjSD99ZoBtg

Watch from about 20 minutes onward ... MI6 influencing OSS (ancestor of CIA) bullshitting and blackmailing FDR ...

Pretty much what we have seen any number of countries and agencies doing in the past year ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

So you agree with Henry Ford (whose greatest admirer was Adolph Hitler) that History is Bunk?  Britain has been interfering since 1783 ... including Cecil Rhodes and his Rhodes scholars.  The biggest Manchurian candidate wasn't Obama, but Bill Clinton (who was a Rhodes scholar).  We will never know about Obama, because his college transcript is still classified.

FDR was  a tough case, because he both wanted to be used by Churchill, but not used by Churchill ... and what about that Zimmerman telegram .. was that a British fake too?  Wouldn't be surprised if the Lusitania was sunk by a British submarine ;-))  What are they called?  Perfidious Albion?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

I think you ate a  history book and barfed that post. (And I'm being kind with "barfed".)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 21, 2017, 12:21:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjSD99ZoBtg

Watch from about 20 minutes onward ... MI6 influencing OSS (ancestor of CIA) bullshitting and blackmailing FDR ...

Pretty much what we have seen any number of countries and agencies doing in the past year ...
And are you really matriculating at the University of Youtube?
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 21, 2017, 09:56:55 PM
I think you ate a  history book and barfed that post. (And I'm being kind with "barfed".)

Aw ... so you have your own narrative on US history (your favorite subject, right?) ... or are you just promoting something you were told to promote ;-))

I don't have a historical agenda, because I agree with Henry Ford ... history is lots of fun ... but it is just propaganda.  Even contemporary events are opaque, unless you were in the room when Obama spent two hours with newly elected Trump.  As they say ... fly on the wall ... but there are no such flies.  I love history too, only I seed it all as historical fiction (though more realistic than Dune or LOTR).

So you dispute the use of the term NWO?  What is your theory as to why George H W Bush (of Nazi ancestry) brought that term back into use in 1991?  The Bush-Wallace family combine was running a Schindler's List in E Europe just before WW II broke out.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

You know what *I* would like to read?  College level World History books from other countries.  In American English, of course.  It would be fascinating.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 31, 2017, 05:12:11 AM
You know what *I* would like to read?  College level World History books from other countries.  In American English, of course.  It would be fascinating.

Agreed.  There are academic you-tubes from German universities on a variety of subjects.  One has to get outside he American fishbowl, to get any objectivity at all.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 06:55:47 AM
Agreed.  There are academic you-tubes from German universities on a variety of subjects.  One has to get outside he American fishbowl, to get any objectivity at all.

I appreciate the you-tube idea, but it isn't quite what I meant.  I would really like to read the versions of World History as taught in other countries.  I think there would be  lot to be learned from that.

To elaborate, my family moved from Massachusetts to Virginia when I was in school, and I was struck by how differently the US Civil War was viewed in State History classes.  If we can view history in such different ways among ourselves (and I learned a LOT from the experience), surely different views of World History would be more informative and productive in international relations.

Baruch

Amazon then.  But only school books from Britain, Ireland, Canada, Australia and NZ.  To them, we are still the damn Yanks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 01:01:04 PM
Amazon then.  But only school books from Britain, Ireland, Canada, Australia and NZ.  To them, we are still the damn Yanks.

Well, then, I'll ask the Chinese and Germans and speak slowly and loudly so they will understand!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 21, 2017, 11:56:31 PM
Aw ... so you have your own narrative on US history (your favorite subject, right?) ... or are you just promoting something you were told to promote ;-))

I don't have a historical agenda, because I agree with Henry Ford ... history is lots of fun ... but it is just propaganda.  Even contemporary events are opaque, unless you were in the room when Obama spent two hours with newly elected Trump.  As they say ... fly on the wall ... but there are no such flies.  I love history too, only I seed it all as historical fiction (though more realistic than Dune or LOTR).

So you dispute the use of the term NWO?  What is your theory as to why George H W Bush (of Nazi ancestry) brought that term back into use in 1991?  The Bush-Wallace family combine was running a Schindler's List in E Europe just before WW II broke out.
I think you're a fringer.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 31, 2017, 03:22:19 PM
I think you're a fringer.

Historians are concerned about narrative.  That puts you in bad company.  But to each their own, I see humans as demons, not angels.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 07:46:59 PM
Historians are concerned about narrative.  That puts you in bad company.  But to each their own, I see humans as demons, not angels.
You are quite adept at using sweeping generalizations. Easier than nuanced thinking, I suppose. Bludgeon away.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 01, 2017, 06:18:19 AM
You are quite adept at using sweeping generalizations. Easier than nuanced thinking, I suppose. Bludgeon away.

History is made up of sweeping generalizations, so pot calling kettle black.  If you have a nuanced view of what Churchill was doing in FDR's bathroom at Hyde Park ... share it ... but I don't see how you can justify knowing it to be so.  You are like an academic, who hates all other academics.  But they say philosophers are even more abusive than historians.  If you are trying to protect the British reputation, say so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.