News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fox News?

Started by pr126, January 21, 2017, 12:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 21, 2017, 09:34:00 AM
If you mean "communist" today, you mean Cuba and Venezuela?  Yes, Cuba and Venezuela hate the Democrats, and the Republicans, because they hate Americans.  You can't count Putin or Xi as communists now ... they are mercantilist autocrats.  The proper term (and it applies to both parties) is Globalist.  Technically they are Mensheviks ... not the classic Bolshevik.  So perhaps to you, Trotsky wasn't a true communist ;-)
We would prefer you use the term "Personsheviks", please.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2017, 09:24:22 AM
What will happen to useful idiots when they are no longer needed?

Nailed it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 21, 2017, 03:31:06 AM
Trump's presidency is making plain that there is a stark difference between the two.

The parties are diametrically opposed on the following issues (not an exhaustive list):
Abortion, gay marriage (and gay rights in general), global warming (and environmental issues in general), church/state separation, healthcare, taxation of the rich, education, ... and that only scratches the surface.

Bernie may have a variant position on taxing the rich, but then he isn't a real Democrat, the Clintons are.  The other stuff, you are pretty much correct on.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 21, 2017, 09:24:22 AM
What will happen to useful idiots when they are no longer needed?

They always have room for more sugar cane workers in Cuba.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2017, 05:03:19 AMIs this clear? or do I have to spell it out a different way?
You were already crystal clear.  It's just not something PR is willing to accept, unfortunately.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 21, 2017, 10:22:03 AM
You were already crystal clear.  It's just not something PR is willing to accept, unfortunately.

Ok cool.

Sent from your mom.

Gawdzilla Sama

Fox isn't allowed to call itself "News" in Canada, as I understand it. Cold must make people smarter.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 21, 2017, 01:04:59 PM
Fox isn't allowed to call itself "News" in Canada, as I understand it. Cold must make people smarter.
That was Bill Hicks's theory too

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 21, 2017, 01:54:41 PM
That was Bill Hicks's theory too

Maybe Canadians aren't asshats ... eh?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

I haven't watched Fox in a while, but at this point I think it might be fair to say that MSNBC is just as bad. I really liked MSNBC once upon a time, but at this point they are turning into the Onion. Maybe even more absurd than the Onion.

Trump saying "America first" is dark and Hitlerian!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XvZL69uB8

Baruch

Chancellor Merkel wasn't amused.  Germany is afraid we aren't their bitch anymore.  This is why the Nato reaction ... without the US, they need to study Russian ... just like they already did in 1815.  Not as bad as it sounds, the Russians are always under the sway of French croissants ... and that really pisses the Germans off.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 21, 2017, 04:34:50 PM
The Committee to Defend America First was an isolationist group that existed for about a year before Pearl Harbor. On Dec. 8th, 1941, it closed its offices for good.

The isolationists wanted to ignore what Hitler was doing in Europe, "it's not our problem!" Happily, the American public thought the Axis was a problem. Polls showed greater than 65% said we have to fight the Axis sooner or later, and that they were a threat to the US way of life. Polls also showed that the majority were okay with arming US freighters for defense against the U-boats, even if that meant war with Germany.

The principle star of the America First show was Charles Lindbergh, who quite happily let Herman Goering lead him around Germany by the nose and failed to check the tail numbers of the "many" airplanes he saw there. His estimate of German airpower was 3 times higher than reality. He got a medal encrusted with swastikas for that bit of aid-and-comfort.
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 21, 2017, 04:34:50 PM
I haven't watched Fox in a while, but at this point I think it might be fair to say that MSNBC is just as bad. I really liked MSNBC once upon a time, but at this point they are turning into the Onion. Maybe even more absurd than the Onion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_XvZL69uB8
Yeah, I mean I guess it sounds ridiculous, if you don't know history and don't understand the reference...

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Baruch on January 21, 2017, 02:11:45 PM
Maybe Canadians aren't asshats ... eh?
No, that people that live in colder weather are generally smarter and more educated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx4maV6EJQM

Baruch

Trotsky was a Menshevik.  He understood the rise of Hitler even better than Churchill.  He also understood Stalin even better than Churchill.  But then he was Jewish ;-)

The neo-libs are basically Mensheviks, in the US and around the First World.  Totalitarian internationalist, rather than totalitarian nationalist (like Hitler and Churchill).

So yes, the historical references are obvious, to Mensheviks.  They think that all Germans are Nazis, and that all Nazis are Hitler.  Slavs and Jews have good reasons to fear Germans.  And Trump is German-American.  So is my mother.  You will all be made to bake strudel and like it!  Churchill initially admired Mussolini.  The British Royal Family was pro-German and initially pro-Nazi (until King Edward abdicated).  They recently brought out the old photo of young Princess Elizabeth making the Zeig Heil ... and one of her grandsons got in trouble at a fancy dress party dressed as a Hitler-Jungen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3166699/Is-moment-Edward-forced-Mrs-Simpson-Sieg-Heil-Picture-shows-Duke-raising-Duchess-s-arm-salute-crowds-visit-Italian-island-1938.html
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.