Onion more true than false news ...

Started by Baruch, January 29, 2017, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

http://www.theonion.com/article/fbi-uncovers-al-qaeda-plot-to-just-sit-back-and-en-35788

The entries that are obviously just pulling your leg ... are funny, but when an Onion article is more true than MSM ... that is priceless!

And here is the truth about the Obama economic recovery ...
http://www.theonion.com/video/laid-off-man-finally-achieves-perfect-work-life-ba-35024

Except that guy would have actually gotten a part time job at McDonalds, so his work-life-balance would still be screwed.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

The second link, which I was looking forward to, brought up a potential Utube window, but it just kept loading for 3 minutes until I exited the site.  The first link was brilliant.  I wonder what it would be like to spend an evening drinking beer with those Onion guys.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 29, 2017, 11:38:31 AM
The second link, which I was looking forward to, brought up a potential Utube window, but it just kept loading for 3 minutes until I exited the site.  The first link was brilliant.  I wonder what it would be like to spend an evening drinking beer with those Onion guys.

Open in a new window.  Click on Full Article on the left, it opens a 404 error, close that, and like magic, the original window is running.  Javascript error?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 29, 2017, 03:31:03 PM
Open in a new window.  Click on Full Article on the left, it opens a 404 error, close that, and like magic, the original window is running.  Javascript error?

Good Grief.  I'm not sure I can remember all that.  It's gotta be at least three steps.

Cavebear

Its the Atheist 3-step program.

1.  Admit that you are superstitious.
2.  Realize that you are in control of your life.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 31, 2017, 12:41:14 PM
Its the Atheist 3-step program.

1.  Admit that you are superstitious.
2.  Realize that you are in control of your life.

You are responsible for your own ideas ... you are not in control, the Matrix is.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 31, 2017, 01:01:57 PM
You are responsible for your own ideas ... you are not in control, the Matrix is.

And the horse said "I must work harder"...

Unbeliever

This is interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/sean-spicer-onion-retweet/

Quote from: The Onion@SeanSpicer's role in the Trump administration will be to provide the American public with robust and clearly articulated misinformation.
Quote from: Sean SpicerYou nailed it. Period!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

As in "If you doubt what we tell you, you are not understanding what we want you to think"?