Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This week in stupid

Started by PickelledEggs, January 20, 2017, 03:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8TE_QMa3fw

I don't think this is the end of sjws, though I do think he brings up many good points. The issue of Russia and nuclear war is one of them.

I've been pretty on the fence with how I feel about this election still. I hate to say it, but I agree with what @Baruch said about Hillary, pre-election. Hillary would have been *almost* equally shit, in a different way. I still have a feeling Trump is still going to be worse than Hillary would have, but looking at the issues as a whole, in retrospect, and without the pressure of the election, I can look at the issues at hand a little more clear-er as, I assume, most of us can.

This is a long video, at just shy of 50 min, but it's a pretty analytical one.

Here is an interesting statistic, mentioned in the comments.
QuoteWhite people didn't get Trump into office. They voted the same as they always do. Trump gains of white voters was 1% over Romney. That's all. NOW, Trump gained 7% of black votes over Romney; 8% of Latinos over Romney and 11% of Asians over Romney. White people didn't elect shit. Minorities did. This data is all exit polling gathered by, of all places, New York Times; the most liberal of rags in the mainstream you can find
And here is some numbers and analysis about that subject...
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/behind-trumps-victory-divisions-by-race-gender-education/

pr126

A lot of hate, prejudice and prejudging even before Trump is president.
To give him some chance to prove himself as a president is too much to ask? 

I  expect a lot of roadblocks, even sabotage being put in Trump's path from the left to make his job even more difficult.
The left WANT him to fail. The Media will be against him big time.

Good luck America, you need it.  The world is watching you.
Don't screw your country up even more than already is.

Baruch

Eliminate Soros and his supporters ... and the Left is castrated (when they aren't self castrated).  Progressives do sing beautiful falsetto arias however ;-)

Humanity lacks good leadership, always has.  It won't change just to keep Snowflakes happy.  Wish it wasn't so, but political-economics is adult, not juvenile.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Give trump a chance? HA! That's not going to happen, but on the other hand I am completely out of other options. With the Rs fully in power I expect economic disaster. My parents lived through a depression and I probably will too.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

The economic disaster is alrady here.
America is nearly $$20 trillon in debt alrady.
You can't blame Trump fo that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: pr126 on January 20, 2017, 10:27:04 AM

Yeah..that so called debt is all on paper..well actually in bytes. And you think Donny is gonna fix it? 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

pr126

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 20, 2017, 10:37:07 AM
Yeah..that so called debt is all on paper..well actually in bytes. And you think Donny is gonna fix it? 
I dont know. Neither do you.

Atheon

I liked Sargon until he started getting a hard-on for the Trumperor, who basically opposes everything Sargon cherishes as a libertarian liberal.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Quote from: pr126 on January 20, 2017, 10:27:04 AM
You can, however, blame Bush, because he tripled our national debt, while it rose by less than a third under Obama.

One thing I can guarantee is that Trump's reign as King of America will be an utter disaster. The rape of Lady Liberty has begun.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 20, 2017, 07:16:56 AM
political-economics is adult, not juvenile.

Yeah right.  You might want to think about that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on January 20, 2017, 01:10:04 PMI liked Sargon until he started getting a hard-on for the Trumperor, who basically opposes everything Sargon cherishes as a libertarian liberal.
Same.

Munch

I have noticed even guys like bearing are following this line of give trump a chance.

Btw, trumps gone bankrupt several times, and now is in charge of economic growth for his entire country. Not looking to good on the horizon.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: pr126 on January 20, 2017, 05:14:22 AM
A lot of hate, prejudice and prejudging even before Trump is president.
To give him some chance to prove himself as a president is too much to ask? 

I  expect a lot of roadblocks, even sabotage being put in Trump's path from the left to make his job even more difficult.
The left WANT him to fail. The Media will be against him big time.

Good luck America, you need it.  The world is watching you.
Don't screw your country up even more than already is.

Yeah, after all, the Germans gave Shitler the benefit of the doubt, and look how well that turned out...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PickelledEggs

I'm in no way looking forward to a Trump presidency, and from how I perceive it, neither is Sargon. He is explaining why he won. And he brought up many good points. While everyone is focusing on the sexism of Trump and his bankruptcies, they completely disregard the policies that Hillary would have put in to place. I don't know about you, but nuclear war isn't something I would have been happy with. And he's right, we very possibly would have had Russia attempt to drop some nukes on us... Because there is no other way that they would be a threat otherwise.
Look. Trump is so far a travesty, as predicted. But we need to look at the bigger picture of why he won, to understand and hopefully fix it and prevent something like that from happening again.

Sent from your mom.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on January 20, 2017, 02:42:57 PM
Btw, trumps gone bankrupt several times, and now is in charge of economic growth for his entire country. Not looking to good on the horizon.

"Chump can bankrupt his companies and America at the same time - he should put America first."*

*Heard somewhere on NPR
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman