News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead

Started by wolf39us, February 17, 2013, 08:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

I can't be the only one who absolutely loves this fricken show.  Seriously so many things I didn't see coming...  I've never actually read the comic, but holy fuck!

Any of you that haven't seen any episodes, it's a must watch! :-)

Brian37

Yes. X-files showed me the gullibility of our species. Now while you might not take it seriously, far too many fuckwads who are fellow fans do. So as far as I am concerned the fewer fans the better.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

The Dude

I've never seen it. Once I finish House (I still have about 120 episodes to go in House, though!) I think I'll start watching Walking Dead.

_Xenu_

I watch the WD, but think American Horror Story: Asylum was better.

(Run for cover)
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

NeoLogic26

Tonight's episode was sick.

[spoil:1xd85dsw]Daryl is the fucking man! His walker kill with the hatchback got me out of my chair.[/spoil:1xd85dsw]
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

wolf39us

Dude spoiler alert bro!  I haven't seen it yet

Hydra009

Quote from: "wolf39us"I can't be the only one who absolutely loves this fricken show.  Seriously so many things I didn't see coming...  I've never actually read the comic, but holy fuck!
I love it, too.  I started reading the comics during the forum outage.  The overall plot is very similar, but here are plenty of huge differences from the tv show.

I love the whole concept of the ragtag band trying to make it in a hostile world.  Really sympathized with Glenn, Rick, and Shane.  Agreed with Shane most of the time, especially during [spoil:1jb2it39]the barn situation[/spoil:1jb2it39]

Pragmatism, not idealism, is the way to go.  I definitely would not tolerate infected members with the group.

[spoil:1jb2it39]I actually like the Governor's little town, but blood sports and attacking other survivors without provocation is a bit of a deal-breaker.  However, under a different leadership, it would be an ideal place to live.  Electricity, medical personnel/supplies, food, security, etc.  Very livable.[/spoil:1jb2it39]

LoneQuietus

I'm a big fan of the show. I watch it online every Monday after new episodes air.
Memento Mori

SvZurich

Pick up the comic.  You won't regret it.  

I purchased both of the Compendiums on Amazon (Issues 1-48 and 49-96) which cover the first 8 years of the comic.  Then I picked up the next smaller compilation (97-102) for the 6th month catchup, and have been collecting the individual issues through Comixology.  I tend to have a 1 month lag as Comixology drops the price of the current issue as soon as the next issue comes out.

The show can't hope to compare with the comic!  Holy shit it is wrong on so many levels, and GOOD!  

Carl ain't some screwup, he's the ultimate badass!  :D
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

_Xenu_

Would this be an appropriate place to plug World War Z? Oh well, I just did.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "SvZurich"Carl ain't some screwup, he's the ultimate badass!  :D

He's been, while not a screwup like season 1 & 2, still a scared little kid longer in the comics than he has in the show. He grew up big time between season 2 & 3 when they got to the prison. He's still acting like a kid where I'm at in the comics, somewhere around issue 62 or so, which I'm guessing should be without spoiling anything somewhere into mid to late season 4 for the show.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

_Xenu_

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"

He's been, while not a screwup like season 1 & 2, still a scared little kid longer in the comics than he has in the show. He grew up big time between season 2 & 3 when they got to the prison. He's still acting like a kid where I'm at in the comics, somewhere around issue 62 or so, which I'm guessing should be without spoiling anything somewhere into mid to late season 4 for the show.
I think Carl is going to grow up to be alot like Shane, if he lives long enough. That kid is a budding psychopath. Its too bad Rick sent those new people away, they seemed like good folk for the most part. At least the black couple did.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "_Xenu_"
Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"

I think Carl is going to grow up to be alot like Shane, if he lives long enough. That kid is a budding psychopath. Its too bad Rick sent those new people away, they seemed like good folk for the most part. At least the black couple did.
I seriously doubt we've seen the last of them. They're pretty major characters in the comics.

And you could be right about Carl, but I don't know that he'll be quite like what Shane was. Shane went straight off the deep end mostly out of jealousy and Laurie fucking with his and Rick's heads, while Carl is growing up where this is the "normal" world and he's becoming the sort of person it takes to survive in it. Another season or so in and I don't think he'll even really remember what it was like pre-walkers.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Youssuf Ramadan

I like it.  Andrew Lincoln sounds weird with that American accent though.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"I seriously doubt we've seen the last of them. They're pretty major characters in the comics.
Good to hear. Rick needs to quit being so paranoid about letting new people in because he needs numbers now more than ever. Its just foolish to turn down good folk like that. Hell, even Merle should be a welcome addition at this point. He'll bring chaos within the ranks, but he's no weakling and could help fill the muscle void left by Shane's death.