Health Law’s Repeal Could Raise Costs and Number of Uninsured

Started by PickelledEggs, January 17, 2017, 03:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

In any change of legislation, there are winners and losers.  With ACA I was a loser, indirectly, because of changes that my employer made, to bring their company plan into compliance ... so I was a loser.  I won't necessarily win on repeal, because my employer won't necessarily return to their original plan.

So yes, I want revenge on anyone who benefits from any legislation, that harms me.  Burn them at the steak, preferably with A1 sauce ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I think the problems with the ACA were intentionally caused by Republican sabotage with the direct intention of making it an abject failure.

FUCK the LOT of them!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 17, 2017, 05:49:16 PM
I think the problems with the ACA were intentionally caused by Republican sabotage with the direct intention of making it an abject failure.

FUCK the LOT of them!

Are you sure the Demos needed their help?  Both sides wanted it to fail, so we are forced to Medicare For All.  This supposedly happened in Europe, with the Euro.  The Euro would be so bad, that it would be necessary to form a Federal government for Europe to deal with the mess.  Doesn't seem to be working out that way for our German friends.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Of course I'm not sure of anything - who the hell can be, these days!?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2017, 04:27:14 PM
Of course I'm not sure of anything - who the hell can be, these days!?

Roll dice, be right 1/6th of the time.  Flip a coin is even better, be right 1/2 of the time.  But knowing some people's luck, their flip of the coin would land on the edge, every damn time ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Considering that the law made it mandatory to get coverage, the increase in the number of people covered really isn't all that amazing.  What is amazing is that there were still people who weren't covered even after it became mandatory.

As Baruch wrote, in every law change there are some winners and some losers.  When the law was passed, there were some winners and some losers.  Now that it may be repealed, there are different winners and different losers.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

But but ... my utopia!  Free lunch, no taxes, no need to work, no laws to obey ... just one long suntan while beach combing ... I want my beech combing!  Waaa.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

The republicans will screw around, act like they are doing something, and then put a date that starts after the next election. They don't really care if it works or not, as long as they get reelected.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on January 17, 2017, 05:44:25 PM
In any change of legislation, there are winners and losers.  With ACA I was a loser, indirectly, because of changes that my employer made, to bring their company plan into compliance ... so I was a loser.  I won't necessarily win on repeal, because my employer won't necessarily return to their original plan.

So yes, I want revenge on anyone who benefits from any legislation, that harms me.  Burn them at the steak, preferably with A1 sauce ;-)

How about giving us some details on that.  Bet you can't.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 05:12:57 AM
How about giving us some details on that.  Bet you can't.

I was speaking from personal experience, not from the Papacy.  If you want details on how I was hurt ... STFU ... I want your bank account number and how much money you have too ;-)

Now if one claims X% of existing policy holders were hurt in the following ways ... where have you been?  It is in the news.  Also Y% of non-policy holders now have policies (but shitty ones).  It was a usurpation of power to be held by the People, not the Government ... and all three branches signed up.  Burn the Constitution, start over.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 09:14:05 AM
I was speaking from personal experience, not from the Papacy.  If you want details on how I was hurt ... STFU ... I want your bank account number and how much money you have too ;-)

Now if one claims X% of existing policy holders were hurt in the following ways ... where have you been?  It is in the news.  Also Y% of non-policy holders now have policies (but shitty ones).  It was a usurpation of power to be held by the People, not the Government ... and all three branches signed up.  Burn the Constitution, start over.

Do you realize that you offerred the exact opposite of what I asked?  I didn't ask for the Pope's opinion, but your suggested actual harm?  You suggested personal harm as a defense; you should therefore provide evidence of it.  Or take back your clam*.  (Dilbert reference)

Baruch

I never take anything back (sticking out tongue).  Repeating from earlier posts ... when my company's policy was determined ... by them ... to be a Cadillac policy, the benefits were halved, and the monthly cost doubled.  Of course eventually this would happen with any plan (they are all ponzies), since any plan will decrease benefits and increase monthly costs, to infinity and beyond (zero being the inverse of infinity, so it is related, see long division).  It happened much sooner thanks to the R-D party (it is an R plan, adopted by triangulating D people).  It isn't useless, but it is getting that way.  Eventually any corporate health care plan will be cancelled, or turned into a Bronze ACA plan.  As a government employee (and I work with them every day) ... you wouldn't understand ... though a Congressmen understands even less, because their plan is better than yours.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 05, 2017, 12:00:44 PM
I never take anything back (sticking out tongue).  Repeating from earlier posts ... when my company's policy was determined ... by them ... to be a Cadillac policy, the benefits were halved, and the monthly cost doubled.  Of course eventually this would happen with any plan (they are all ponzies), since any plan will decrease benefits and increase monthly costs, to infinity and beyond (zero being the inverse of infinity, so it is related, see long division).  It happened much sooner thanks to the R-D party (it is an R plan, adopted by triangulating D people).  It isn't useless, but it is getting that way.  Eventually any corporate health care plan will be cancelled, or turned into a Bronze ACA plan.  As a government employee (and I work with them every day) ... you wouldn't understand ... though a Congressmen understands even less, because their plan is better than yours.

And you are aware that that was your company's decision I hope...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 12:06:17 PM
And you are aware that that was your company's decision I hope...

Exactly, but they were following the law ... they could choose not to follow it, like not pay corporate income taxes, if only I worked for Apple.  Or are you Rollerballing ... want only corporations, no governments?  Also the ponzie nature of health insurance is mathematical ... it isn't decided by executives nor by politicians ... though I suspect they are ignorant of math.

Before all health insurance is cancelled by the collapse of society, we will all be in a Bronze plan, but there always has to be lesser mortals, so they will have to create the Rusty Iron plan and the Lead plan.  The Lead plan is the most scary ... the patient has to self terminate.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.