GOP congressman: you oppose Jeff Sessions because he's white

Started by Hydra009, January 15, 2017, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2017, 07:02:13 AM
Really? Comparing race to being supported by a foreign state that doesn't share our interests ( and encouraging them to do illegal acts to do so) or not paying your fair share are basically the same thing?

We have always been at war with East Asia?  How is that Progressive?  McCarthyism is so ... 1950s.

Hillary was supported by Qatar and Ukraine ... why isn't that treason?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Maybe because she didn't actively call for them to commit illegal acts against her opponent.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2017, 07:18:01 AM
Maybe because she didn't actively call for them to commit illegal acts against her opponent.

Against free speech much?  He was only asking the Dept of Justice to do their damn job, that and the F***ing FBI.  Yeah, doing a good job since the Nixon administration.  BTW, having that server was illegal, not enforcing the law ... doesn't make it legal, or just because Colin Powell did the same shit.  Hang them both.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on January 20, 2017, 07:24:28 AM
Against free speech much?  He was only asking the Dept of Justice to do their damn job, that and the F***ing FBI.  Yeah, doing a good job since the Nixon administration.  BTW, having that server was illegal, not enforcing the law ... doesn't make it legal, or just because Colin Powell did the same shit.  Hang them both.

Asking Russia to find Hillary's emails is asking the FBI to do their job.

Alrighty then.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

It was stupid for someone running for President to say that Russia should release emails (not hack them like the media and government were falsely claiming), but that's certainly not a good enough reason to say that he's a Russian agent or puppet of Putin's, and Trump did take that back almost immediately and tweeted that Russia or whoever has them should share them with the FBI rather than release them.

Shiranu

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2017, 05:40:45 PM
And how would they acquire those emails?
Trump said that whoever hacked (past tense) into the server should find the missing 33,000 (or I think he said 30,000) emails and share them. He didn't tell anyone to hack.

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 20, 2017, 05:42:50 PM
Trump said that whoever hacked (past tense) into the server...

Except he didn't.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0

Quote“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,

At best, that is ambiguous. And really, you're going to argue that somehow changed what he said? That he wasn't encouraging it?

For someone who says he is just attacking both sides, you sure seem to be going deep on that orange bâton.

Baruch

I would be in favor of dumping every email of every politician to the public, not just the FBI.  They look at all our shit, we can look at all their shit ;-))  If that makes them uncomfortable, then let them burn in hell with shame.  But true transparency means that politics is impossible, which means that it is implicitly dishonest (as my other post "politics for babies" shows).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

NYT is fake news. They purposely left out a very relevant part of what he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud-1FoIrMew

TYT is also fake news, but at least their clip of Trump speaking left in the part that makes it clear he's not talking about hacking. "By the way if they hacked, they probably have her 33,000 emails..."

This is why while I still watch and read mainstream media stuff, I also take in independent and alternative media, both from the left and the right. It's always good to be taking in a wide variety of differing views. It prevents you from living in an echo chamber and being fooled by the mainstream stuff so easily.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2017, 06:10:22 PM
For someone who says he is just attacking both sides, you sure seem to be going deep on that orange bâton.
I'll be honest. I'm glad Hillary lost, even if that means Trump had to win. Trump is worse but I think the Dems had to lose this one what with all of the right wing positions the establishment Dems hold now and the cheating in the Primaries. The Dems were drifting too far to the right and something had to give. Hopefully they learn their lesson and make some changes.

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 20, 2017, 06:57:58 PM
I'll be honest. I'm glad Hillary lost, even if that means Trump had to win. Trump is worse but I think the Dems had to lose this one what with all of the right wing positions the establishment Dems hold now and the cheating in the Primaries. The Dems were drifting too far to the right and something had to give. Hopefully they learn their lesson and make some changes.

Historically? They will shift further right because that's what wins.

Baruch

Tell that to Ukraine, Libya and Syria.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 20, 2017, 08:44:56 PM
Historically? They will shift further right because that's what wins.

Then move to a more liberal place, like Belgium.  We already know someone there ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

ocassionally i read something by Alex Jones. Other times I'm thinking "It's about time Mike Malloy". I guess that makes me an equal opportunity antagonist. I still haven't seen a photo of Mr Sessions yet. I dont think people are objecting to him because he is white....

I'm more worried about Exxon CEO being chosen as Secretary of State. To put a Wall st scum in such an important position shows the foundation of the U.S. is falling apart. i.e. the greatest accomplishment of the American Revolution was getting the wealthy out of government. Hell, we even have a flag (a parody of the Dutch East India corp flag) that was supposed to be a warning tothe aristocracy "the U.S. will never be controlled by a corporation"
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.