GOP congressman: you oppose Jeff Sessions because he's white

Started by Hydra009, January 15, 2017, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 16, 2017, 05:25:19 AM
I declare war on Christmas. Every time I see a nice nativity scene in someones front yard on a cold, snowey night I call the cops and report that someone left a half naked baby out in the freezing cold and there's a bunch of homeless guys with him and they even have livestock shitting in the yard!
I'm all for law and order. 
You mean you see a bunch of unregistered immigrants taking housing without the proper paperwork just to get that anchor baby...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on January 15, 2017, 08:12:43 PM
You know, except for people openly saying it was because he was black, or secretly a Kenyan Muslim... or any other bullshit reason they came up with.

But yeah, facts aside pretty much the same thing.
Of course there were some who admitted to not liking him because he was black, and that sucks. Racism sucks. It was extremely exaggerated though. People who voted for Obama twice but didn't vote for Clinton were characterised as being a part of a white lash, so even the Obama supporters couldn't escape the wrath of the SJWs calling them racists.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 16, 2017, 12:08:41 PM
Of course there were some who admitted to not liking him because he was black, and that sucks. Racism sucks. It was extremely exaggerated though. People who voted for Obama twice but didn't vote for Clinton were characterised as being a part of a white lash, so even the Obama supporters couldn't escape the wrath of the SJWs calling them racists.

If you recall a few months ago, some people here were all ... if you aren't for us, you are against us.  And if you are against us, you are a traitor.  Now those same people are doing things that they could condemn if a Republican was doing it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 16, 2017, 01:41:29 PM
If you recall a few months ago, some people here were all ... if you aren't for us, you are against us.  And if you are against us, you are a traitor.  Now those same people are doing things that they could condemn if a Republican was doing it.
"some people"...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 16, 2017, 12:08:41 PM

And how many people openly, or even secretly, do you think oppose c this guy because he is white?

The difference was there was a vocal minority that reached national prominence and voted people in who opposed Obama because he was black... National politicians wanted to see his birth certificate, which was steeped in racism. Shit, the current president was one of these people... the highest power in the land openly opposed Obama for racist reasons, as was half the Republican nominations.

How even remote of a fraction is the opposition to this guy for the same reason? I know it is oh so tempting to try to make the SJW bogeyman scary and relevant, but do please realise that you are comparing minnows to elephants.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on January 16, 2017, 04:35:21 PM
And how many people openly, or even secretly, do you think oppose c this guy because he is white?

The difference was there was a vocal minority that reached national prominence and voted people in who opposed Obama because he was black... National politicians wanted to see his birth certificate, which was steeped in racism. Shit, the current president was one of these people... the highest power in the land openly opposed Obama for racist reasons, as was half the Republican nominations.

How even remote of a fraction is the opposition to this guy for the same reason? I know it is oh so tempting to try to make the SJW bogeyman scary and relevant, but do please realise that you are comparing minnows to elephants.
You voted for the woman who started the whole 'Obama is a scary other. Look at him in this head dress" narrative when you had less racist choices, but I wouldn't call you a racist like the Trump voters who voted for Obama twice were called.

I don't know how many people dislike politicians because they are white, but these people do exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ulvcqaiM8

My point was not to say that there are just as many who oppose politicians for being white as there are who oppose politicians for being black. Yes, racism and sexism is real, but some Democrats still make up a lot of bullshit to try to generalise those who disagree with them as racists or bigots. When a huge chunk of Bernie supporters are called sexists, you may not think that that's as bad as the "War on whites" comment, but it's still pretty damn bad/ false.

widdershins

Well, O'Reilly said that we lost the War on Christmas, so apparently we need to start the new stupid fucking pointless war.  This time it's a war on whites, which describes, I would guess, most of the people supposedly waging this war, statistically speaking.  So, it's a war on ourselves?  What next?  A war on wars?  That's actually one I think we should have started decades ago, actually.
This sentence is a lie...

Shiranu

QuoteYou voted for the woman who started the whole 'Obama is a scary other. Look at him in this head dress" narrative when you had less racist choices, but I wouldn't call you a racist like the Trump voters who voted for Obama twice were called.

And which one of those had even a snowball chance in hell of beating Trump? I'll wait...

The difference, and point, being that I voted for the far lesser of two evils for pragmatic reasons, rather than I hate Trump because he is white. Slight difference.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Shiranu on January 16, 2017, 07:40:52 PM
And which one of those had even a snowball chance in hell of beating Trump? I'll wait...

The difference, and point, being that I voted for the far lesser of two evils for pragmatic reasons, rather than I hate Trump because he is white. Slight difference.
I don't have a problem with the Clinton vote. She would have been a better President than Trump.

I can give you an example of a ridiculous claim that can't be topped by any claim Republicans have made. Republicans have made many claims just as bad, but no worse than this, because this is as bad and silly as it gets. People protesting Hillary threw one dollar bills at her motorcade passing by. They were smeared as sexists for doing so. That certainly tops the "War on whites" claim.

trdsf

I don't oppose Jeff Sessions because he's white.

I oppose Jeff Sessions because he's a bigoted sack of shit who wants to undo decades of progress toward the still-unattained goal of racial, sexual, and orientational equality.  That he's white is of no relevance -- give his views to any other candidate for the job and I would be just as opposed.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

So, wanting equal rights for all Americans is a war on whites?

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 15, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
No different than what the Democrats do. "People just don't like Obama because he's black". "People only disagree with Hillary because she's a woman". Now they're turning it around on you. "You dislike so and so because he's a white male".

Ok, so everyone fucking does every evil thing they can do to their political opponents, so let's just let the GOP do anything they can get away with, because everyone else is doing it too!

Oh boy, this is going to be an interesting next few years...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Sorry, the Democrats won't oppose Trump, because to do that you have to work, and Democrats are lazy welfare bums ;-) (sarc)

History ... everyone has been doing everything they can for their friends and every thing they can to their enemies ... which is why we can't have nice things ;-(  This is why it is called a social contract, for about $10,000 in the US, you can take out a contract on someone ;-((
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2017, 04:38:01 PM
So, wanting equal rights for all Americans is a war on whites?

Ok, so everyone fucking does every evil thing they can do to their political opponents, so let's just let the GOP do anything they can get away with, because everyone else is doing it too!

Oh boy, this is going to be an interesting next few years...
No. I think Sessions is a piece of crap, along with Trump and almost all of the people that he has chosen so far. I will continue shitting on both the red and the blue team, because I think they are both horrible.

Here's another point that hasn't been made yet. The birthers were brought up a few posts back. Well, the Democrats have their own birtherism. Some racists claimed that Obama might not be legitimate because he might not have been born in the US. What are many Dems doing right now? Pretty much the exact same thing. Trump is not legitimate because he's a Russian agent. He didn't pay taxes so he doesn't care about troops. Trump is being called unAmerican and illegitimate. Good job Dems. You are the birthers now.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 19, 2017, 08:22:20 AM
No. I think Sessions is a piece of crap, along with Trump and almost all of the people that he has chosen so far. I will continue shitting on both the red and the blue team, because I think they are both horrible.

Here's another point that hasn't been made yet. The birthers were brought up a few posts back. Well, the Democrats have their own birtherism. Some racists claimed that Obama might not be legitimate because he might not have been born in the US. What are many Dems doing right now? Pretty much the exact same thing. Trump is not legitimate because he's a Russian agent. He didn't pay taxes so he doesn't care about troops. Trump is being called unAmerican and illegitimate. Good job Dems. You are the birthers now.

Americans is as Americans does.  The mirror image of Hell, isn't Heaven ... it is a Left handed version of Right handed Hell.  R and D are mirror images, evil twins.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 19, 2017, 08:22:20 AM

Really? Comparing race to being supported by a foreign state that doesn't share our interests ( and encouraging them to do illegal acts to do so) or not paying your fair share are basically the same thing?