GOP congressman: you oppose Jeff Sessions because he's white

Started by Hydra009, January 15, 2017, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8mUIXSNLtk

QuoteAlabama Rep. Mo Brooks said in a radio interview on Tuesday that criticism of Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, who is Donald Trump's pick to be attorney general, is part of an ongoing "war on whites" by Democrats.
"It's really about political power and racial division and what I've referred to on occasion as the 'war on whites.' They are trying to motivate the African-American vote to vote-bloc for Democrats by using every 'Republican is a racist' tool that they can envision," the Republican congressman said on "The Morning Show With Toni & Gary" on WBHP 800 Alabama radio. "Even if they have to lie about it."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politics/kfile-mo-brooks-war-on-whites/

Oh man, the Republicans are really reaching trying to defend this POS.  This braintrust figures the best way to combat allegations of racism is to paint the detractors as racists - the schoolyard "I'm rubber, you're glue" comeback.

And this is our future for the next 4 years:  the worst of the worst rising to the top and the Republicans trying their damndest to polish these turds as public disapproval grows.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

FaithIsFilth

No different than what the Democrats do. "People just don't like Obama because he's black". "People only disagree with Hillary because she's a woman". Now they're turning it around on you. "You dislike so and so because he's a white male".

Baruch

GOP congress-critters have been shitty for a long time.  They could have balanced the budget, but did not.  They can't even pass a budget.  I don't think they feared an Obama veto.  They didn't because if they did, the voters would know who to kick out.  The whole deal with GOP is ... plausible deniability ... that is why they had to block any Obama initiative (sarc).  And still, even with the cooperation of Obama, the Cat Food Committee to end Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid ... failed.  The CFC gave them cover, and they still failed (in 2011-2012).  Obama was facing re-election in 2012, and didn't want to be crucified on the voter cross, to pay for GOP sins.

Jeff Sessions ... pretty much a POS.  So hopefully the GOP won't accept his nomination (sarc).  It seems like we can't have a fair and honest Atty. Gen. ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 15, 2017, 01:41:07 PM
No different than what the Democrats do. "People just don't like Obama because he's black". "People only disagree with Hillary because she's a woman". Now they're turning it around on you. "You dislike so and so because he's a white male".

Just rhetoric.  When they get all bipartisan and vote in the dead of night ... watch out!  Also don't pay attention to what they say, to the low info voters, look at where the money is coming and going from.  When Hillary lost, Soros lost 1 billion dollars in the markets.  Ouch!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on January 15, 2017, 01:41:07 PMNo different than what the Democrats do. "People just don't like Obama because he's black". "People only disagree with Hillary because she's a woman". Now they're turning it around on you. "You dislike so and so because he's a white male".
Yeah, there's a reason I wasn't in favor of this kind of identity politics.  Social Justice Warriors, meet the Social Injustice Warriors.

And as terrible as those assumptions of racism and misogyny were, one could at least make a plausible case that yes, some of people shouting for Obamer to go back to Africa were in fact racists.  Shocking, I know.

Now the other way around...that math doesn't exactly work out.

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

You think the War on Christmas is a real thing, don't you?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 15, 2017, 02:20:18 PM
There is no "war on whites" by Democrats.

Yes, but politicians are in war against voters.  They just color code it to fool you.  If you want a war against gerbils, and agree to vote for R or D ... R or D will support at least in rhetoric, a war on gerbils, if there are enough of you.  They really do represent you, sorta.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 15, 2017, 02:38:36 PM
You think the War on Christmas is a real thing, don't you?

The US government is at war with everyone (Syria, Yemen etc), and everything (war on poverty, war on drugs etc).  So on some level they are at war with Christmas and Kwanza for that matter.  War gets votes and makes lots of money.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

QuoteAlabama Rep. Mo Brooks

Ladies and gentlemen, my congressional critter.

Welcome to my world. May you deal with better than I have...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Hydra009

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 15, 2017, 06:20:31 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, my congressional critter.

Welcome to my world. May you deal with better than I have...
I've been reading his voting history.  Pretty much the quintessential ultraconservative.  They've been coming out of the woodwork lately in defense of Trump's unsavory appointees.  Birds of a feather, I guess.

Shiranu

You know, except for people openly saying it was because he was black, or secretly a Kenyan Muslim... or any other bullshit reason they came up with.

But yeah, facts aside pretty much the same thing.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

I declare war on Christmas. Every time I see a nice nativity scene in someones front yard on a cold, snowey night I call the cops and report that someone left a half naked baby out in the freezing cold and there's a bunch of homeless guys with him and they even have livestock shitting in the yard!
I'm all for law and order. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 16, 2017, 05:25:19 AM
I declare war on Christmas. Every time I see a nice nativity scene in someones front yard on a cold, snowey night I call the cops and report that someone left a half naked baby out in the freezing cold and there's a bunch of homeless guys with him and they even have livestock shitting in the yard!
I'm all for law and order.

Don't shoot the creche ... they are only made of fiberglass!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.