News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Smartphone secrets

Started by pr126, January 15, 2017, 02:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Fox news? really?

more and more, Fox proves it's self to be tailored towards people over the age of 70.

While this is not common knowledge, it is no where near new knowledge. When you format any technological device, even if it does correctly format with an overwrite of zeros, information can be retrieved and recovered. The only thing regular erasing does, is unconnected the file directory and allows the file to be written over by new data, but even if the new data writes over it, some files can be seen as slightly corrupted or distorted. A picture will become a glitch, for instance.

This is just another form of Fox news scare tactics to try and make older people and some younger, uneducated people scared of the world around them. And while I would agree that it is unsafe for your privacy and information to sell your phone/computer/etc. This is not something new and should not scare people of technology. This is like telling people that brakes can fail on a car, like it's new news that brakes fail on a car.

Know how things work. Especially with technology. Afraid of viruses? learn how to make them. See how they work and understand how to prevent/remove them. Afraid of your information getting stolen? learn about how backdoors work in tech securities.

pr126

Apologies for being old. Why is that an issue?

It is a natural process, cannot be helped. Well, it can, but it involves termination of life before one gets old.
I don't think that is a valid reason to top one self.

Do you plan getting old?

Baruch

So he hates Fox news?  OK.  I don't like them either.  But cell phones, for those who are paranoid, are a serious issue ... they are tools of the telephone company who is a tool of the State.  Love Big Brother!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

This news story is designed to scare people who don't understand cellphone technology. In other words, older people. In other words republicans.

Fox news, scaring republicans since forever.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 15, 2017, 08:34:34 AM
This news story is designed to scare people who don't understand cellphone technology. In other words, older people. In other words republicans.

Fox news, scaring republicans since forever.

Fear is the mind killer.  Just don't fear Big Brother ... or Fox News.  I work for Big Brother.  And I don't have time to waste watching fake news.  I am not Republican.  But I am older (but younger then pr126).  Are you agist?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

Quote from: Baruch on January 15, 2017, 08:43:24 AM
Fear is the mind killer.  Just don't fear Big Brother ... or Fox News.  I work for Big Brother.  And I don't have time to waste watching fake news.  I am not Republican.  But I am older (but younger then pr126).  Are you agist?

Only when old people do really stupid shit, and the primary driver for doing that stupid shit is their world view that has been overwhelmingly influenced by their age.

Like voting Trump.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 15, 2017, 08:45:10 AM
Only when old people do really stupid shit, and the primary driver for doing that stupid shit is their world view that has been overwhelmingly influenced by their age.

Like voting Trump.

My mother was too old to vote.  She would vote for FDR if he was running.  So young people aren't stupid shit?  Agist fur sure, young spawn.  Snowflakes .... hiding under their beds, in their parent's basement, because nobody wants them as an employee?  This is why only employed people should be allowed to vote then.  We have skin in the game.  Of course this means retirees wouldn't be allowed to vote either ... fewer broken hips that way ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on January 15, 2017, 04:35:08 AM
Apologies for being old. Why is that an issue?

It is a natural process, cannot be helped. Well, it can, but it involves termination of life before one gets old.
I don't think that is a valid reason to top one self.

Do you plan getting old?

It's not that you're old, it's that you gravitate towards retarded propaganda and scare tactics.

This is like if they went and said 3 years ago "do you have private information on your computer? well be careful, because your computer can get sick. Yes. It's true. Viruses. On your computer. And they can relay all your private information to hackers across the globe."

It's stupid because of the way they delivered it. They only know how to use scare tactics that target older people that are out of the loop. I tell you, Fox News are as much of a terrorist organization as anyone else

pr126

@ Pickelledeggs

The mainstream media decided what you should accept as the TRUTH and what should you reject as propaganda or false news.

62 million Americans didn't follow those rules and voted for Trump.

The rest followed the rules unquestioningly.
But that's OK. The media feeds you what you want to hear.

What is the difference between the government owned media is "thinking" for you or when the religious clerics doing it?
Same process, different dogma.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on January 15, 2017, 11:41:22 PM
@ Pickelledeggs

The mainstream media decided what you should accept as the TRUTH and what should you reject as propaganda or false news.

62 million Americans didn't follow those rules and voted for Trump.

The rest followed the rules unquestioningly.
But that's OK. The media feeds you what you want to hear.

What is the difference between the government owned media is "thinking" for you or when the religious clerics doing it?
Same process, different dogma.

What is that Jethro Tull song?

Oh yeah. Thick As A Brick.

It's not a matter of how the media is. It's a matter of understanding the subject. A someone that is moderately advanced in tech, I can tell you that you are trusting in pure, scare-tactic propaganda. I did not learn these facts that I'm telling you from the media, I learned them by working with people that service/program computers as well as working with them myself. I know how to build a basic virus and I know a few other tricks and hacks. By doing this, I have a pretty good understanding of how to protect myself from attacks.

I am telling you.... you are a paranoid person that gravitates towards scare-tactic propaganda. Of course, we already knew this with your compulsive posts about islam. But even with this, Technology.... This is scare tactics. It tells barely any information about how the deleted information is being retrieved... in fact, it doesn't say how it is retrieved at all. It just says that it is. This is another sign that it is a scare tactic. No information. No knowledge about what is being done to attack your privacy. That is a scare tactic.

Again. What I am saying has nothing to do with a dogma or media propoganda.... but what you are going on about is purely that. Scare-tactic propoganda and dogmatic fear of technology. Plus... it should be another sign that you're posting from Fox news, but I guess you aren't wrapping your head around that.

pr126

My job before retirement was IT support for one of the largest companies in the UK from 1980 to 2004.

I have no fear of technology.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: pr126 on January 16, 2017, 02:46:39 AM
My job before retirement was IT support for one of the largest companies in the UK from 1980 to 2004.

I have no fear of technology.
Of course you don't, sharing fox news scare-tactic propoganda :rolleyes:

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 16, 2017, 02:48:37 AM
Of course you don't, sharing fox news scare-tactic propoganda :rolleyes:
I see your beef is with fox news. My bad.
Here is another one sophos
Many other "more reputable" sources available.

PickelledEggs

That's a better page. It actually gives information, rather than ambiguously telling you jack shit