Author Topic: Anyone a Fishkeeper?  (Read 515 times)

Offline AllPurposeAtheist

Re: Anyone a Fishkeeper?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
I used to have a pond in Texas full of goldfish that grew to about a foot long each. The koi got even bigger, about 2 feet.. They're all in fishy heaven now..
I keep thinking about digging a new pond here except it's a lot of fucking work.. I dunno..I might do it again and use lake water to resupply the water source..pump lake water up and let it trickle back down with a small waterfall..  Well, not so small being it would probably be about 15 feet up from the surface of the lake..
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:35:51 AM by AllPurposeAtheist »
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 09:27:07 AM »
I use to be, but my new place doesn't allow them. I miss it. I had a 25 gallon tank with live plants (floating and planted in substrate), UVA/UVB light, good filter, and supernaturals sand. I had 5 female veil tail beta (females veil tail are okay with each other with lots of plants to break up line of sight and plenty of hides), 6 kuli loaches, and 1 albino dojo loach (gotten by mistake but she was a happy little thing and hung out with the beta instead of the loaches. She would flip on her back and eat beta pellets instead of eating with the kuli XD).
There is beauty in a finite life.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 01:49:42 AM »
I have bettas, barbs, tetras, gouramis, and corys.  I've bred and raised bettas, gouramis, tetras and barbs.  I've bred fancy guppies to 5 generations before I got bored.  I raised a plecostomus to 12".

But these days, I just keep a few of those in a community tank.  More interested in veggies and flowers now. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead