News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What about language imperialism?

Started by Baruch, January 14, 2017, 02:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 16, 2017, 03:26:49 AM
Alexander? Qin Shi Huang? Soviet Union? All tyrannies. Not progressive. The opposite.

For you, progressives are Gandhi and MLK ... but that isn't who the Progressives are ... tell me about Obama's Nobel Peace Prize please ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

The Government of Baruchistan is the one we have watch out for.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 16, 2017, 12:58:23 PM
The Government of Baruchistan is the one we have watch out for.

Well I do support the government (and not because I think it is virtuous) ... even if I have to drive an Abrams thru your front door.  Just don't do anything to attract the attention or wrath of the government, and statistically you will be OK.  Kind of like Florida, if you don't want to be bitten by an alligator, stay out of the Everglades.  But the alligators aren't often found in downtown Miami, there are other hazards there.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 16, 2017, 01:49:32 PM
Well I do support the government (and not because I think it is virtuous) ... even if I have to drive an Abrams thru your front door.  Just don't do anything to attract the attention or wrath of the government, and statistically you will be OK.  Kind of like Florida, if you don't want to be bitten by an alligator, stay out of the Everglades.  But the alligators aren't often found in downtown Miami, there are other hazards there.
I used to live on The Beach. There are 'gators there. Or were in 1977.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 16, 2017, 06:11:01 PM
I used to live on The Beach. There are 'gators there. Or were in 1977.

Since they are no longer endangered, I doubt they are still there.  I have eaten gator.  I hear that the canals are the main problem with wild animals getting into the burbs.  But now they have pythons too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 16, 2017, 07:26:36 PM
Since they are no longer endangered, I doubt they are still there.  I have eaten gator.  I hear that the canals are the main problem with wild animals getting into the burbs.  But now they have pythons too.
This one was in the lagoon, near the BeeGees' house.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 16, 2017, 07:35:38 PM
This one was in the lagoon, near the BeeGees' house.

Maybe he liked music.  Dolphins do.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Quote from: Baruch on January 14, 2017, 02:56:45 PM
Why do Progressives want everyone to speak the same language?  Isn't that at least colonial, if not imperialist?  We are using English to post here ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJBw2KlIEo

So here is a quick education about English language imperialism ... so Snowflakes, get out your hankies .... LOL

I would wager progressives speak a second language at a much higher clip than conservatives, particularly given the demographics of the two ideologies.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on January 16, 2017, 09:07:37 PM
Maybe he liked music.  Dolphins do.
I know Bernie Taupin did. He was staying there at the time. The BGs were on tour.
PZ Myers