News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Conviction or Repetition

Started by fencerider, January 07, 2017, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

I don't know how this fits into the original question, but I know a man who grew up Catholic and, after a lot of research and thought, decided that the Catholic Church was wrong and switched to the one true religion, Jehovah's Witness.
This sentence is a lie...

doorknob

Quote from: Heisreal on January 28, 2017, 12:22:41 PM
The Bible is the worlds oldest history book. It spans from the beginning of known time to the predictions of future events before us.

Show me one sentence of recorded history in this book that scientists and archeologists have PROVEN to be incorrect.

There are many things in scripture that haven't been found yet, what I want is pure evidence that the Book has lied about history.

what is this guy talking about? Clearly he has never crawled out from under his rock until just now. The bible the oldest history book LMAO!

So I take it you're a creationist? because if not what  you said makes no sense. There is lots of evidence that the bible got it wrong on a lot of subjects. I can't list them because there's too many and I'm too lazy to spend that kind of time doing it. So name something infallible in the bible so we can dismiss it for the garbage it is.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 31, 2017, 06:33:38 PM
Cincinnati--I heard the chili is good--is it???
No.  The chili is poor and adding 5-way stuff to it only makes it worse.  Imagine all flavors in your mouth at the same time. Blah!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on February 05, 2017, 04:49:46 AM
No.  The chili is poor and adding 5-way stuff to it only makes it worse.  Imagine all flavors in your mouth at the same time. Blah!
I guess I heard wrong.  But that's okay, I'll just keep eating my own version.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

What you like is what you like.  I visited Cincinnati once and 5 way was hideious.  LOL!

fencerider

Quote from: widdershins on February 02, 2017, 12:31:51 PM
I don't know how this fits into the original question, but I know a man who grew up Catholic and, after a lot of research and thought, decided that the Catholic Church was wrong and switched to the one true religion, Jehovah's Witness.
It fits perfectly the original question. I guess the propaganda-machine of JW is better than old faithful Roman
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Cavebear

Quote from: fencerider on February 05, 2017, 05:11:50 PM
It fits perfectly the original question. I guess the propaganda-machine of JW is better than old faithful Roman

From the frying pan into the fire...