Camerawoman Petra Laszlo sentenced 3 years for kicking refugees

Started by drunkenshoe, January 13, 2017, 06:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArQmFlp7xC8

Apparently, she was frightened and felt under attack. She tripped a man carrying a child running away from her and her defence is I was friegthened. And she is so freightened then gets into the middle of the crowd after tripping someone to kick a kid.

You know what is so darkly absurd and alarming here besides her act, in this climate? There are many cameras around, and everything is being recorded, how the fuck she thought this would not go out or reported? Where does that confidence come from? Being very confident it is not going to even touch you? It also makes you wonder how often this kind of stuff happens and not gets reported.

There is nothing more pathetic than stupid 'evil', man. If you are 'evil' please be a little smart. It's just intolerable. 

Camerawoman Petra Laszlo sentenced for kicking refugees

QuotePetra Laszlo, who was filmed tripping up Syrian refugee children, is given three years probation for disorderly conduct.

A Hungarian camerawoman who caused global outrage after being filmed kicking and tripping up refugees near the country's border with Serbia has been sentenced to three years' probation for disorderly conduct.

Petra Laszlo, who appeared via video link at a court in the southern city of Szeged on Thursday, mounted a tearful defence and said she would appeal.

"It was all over within two seconds," she said, adding she was acting out of panic and felt under attack. "Everybody was shouting, it was very frightening."

The incident, which occurred in September 2015, went viral after footage of her actions was uploaded to Facebook.

The court was shown a frame-by-frame examination of her actions which included delivering a roundhouse-style kick to two people, including a young girl, as they fled from police.

Later, she tripped a 52-year-old Syrian refugee carrying a child.

Judge Illes Nanasi said Laszlo's behaviour "ran counter to societal norms" and said the facts of the case did not support her self-defence claim.

"It is not a crime if somebody acts to defend herself ... she was in danger, and she tried to avert this danger with her actions," he said.

Laszlo, who had earlier said she would sue one of the refugees she tripped, was fired from her job at N1TV, a private right-wing television station in Hungary.

Political tensions in Europe have been simmering over the region's refugee crisis, although numbers have plunged by nearly two-thirds.

According to the International Organization for Migration, about 364,000 people seeking work or refugee protection crossed the Mediterranean sea in 2016, compared with more than one million in 2015.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

White people consider world conquest to be self defense.  See Mein Kampf,
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

With all these "Syrian refugees" coming to Europe, is there anyone left in Syria?

Last man to leave should switch off the lights.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 13, 2017, 07:39:02 AM
After all these "refugees" coming to Europe, is there anyone left in Syria?

Just asking.

That is why Putin supports Asad in Syria, and cleaning out all the Syrians.  Then there is room for Winter dachas for vacationing Russians ;-)

Most of your refugees aren't, and they aren't from Syria.  Worst border control in history goes to ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

What!? They are not all from Syria? Can't be. We are told...

Actually, there is a way to get all the Sirian refugees back to their homeland.
I have a cunning plan (Baldrick from Blackadder).

Get all the Europeans move to Syria, rebuild it, and the refugees will march back when it is all done.
Simples.

Althugh I don't think the Jews would want the Europeans as neghbours. (Again).

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on January 13, 2017, 08:11:51 AM
What!? They are not all from Syria? Can't be. We are told...

Actually, there is a way to get all the Sirian refugees back to their homeland.
I have a cunning plan (Baldrick from Blackadder).

Get all the Europeans move to Syria, rebuild it, and the refugees will march back when it is all done.
Simples.

Althugh I don't think the Jews would want the Europeans as neghbours. (Again).

Oh yeah because "europeans" are just flawless paragon of excellence who definitely aren't just living on the remnants of a society built by their predecessors. Just inject Europeans into the problem like a vacceine. Problem solved.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

QuoteOh yeah because "europeans" are just flawless paragon of excellence who definitely aren't just living on the remnants of a society built by their predecessors. Just inject Europeans into the problem like a vacceine. Problem solved.
Most of you came to America as immigrants from those "flawless paragon of excellence", i.e. Europeans.
You think Europe is circling the drain. True. And the USA is not far behind.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 13, 2017, 09:53:41 AM
Most of you came to America as immigrants from those "flawless paragon of excellence", i.e. Europeans.
You think Europe is circling the drain. True. And the USA is not far behind.

I knew the Watergate plumbers were up to no good!  BTW - this past week, the Watergate caught fire, on the 13th floor.  Everyone knows you never build a 13th floor, it is bad luck!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 13, 2017, 09:08:34 AM
Oh yeah because "europeans" are just flawless paragon of excellence who definitely aren't just living on the remnants of a society built by their predecessors. Just inject Europeans into the problem like a vacceine. Problem solved.

Criticism of Orientalism ... the West/North sucks
Criticism of Occidentalism ... the East/South sucks

You are both right ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Nonsensei on January 13, 2017, 09:08:34 AM

because we should totally blame the current generation on what their ancestors did. Grandpa owned slaves or raped women, the grandkid must be exactly the same, haha.

Yeah, Dave Pelzer might like a word with you.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 13, 2017, 10:25:49 AM
because we should totally blame the current generation on what their ancestors did. Grandpa owned slaves or raped women, the grandkid must be exactly the same, haha.

That is the problem with collective guilt/punishment/reparations.  I wouldn't mind giving a bonus to actual slaves (they exist now), but not so much to the descendants of slaves.  Bigotry is all about hating a whole group .. either because a member did something bad, or something trivial like their skin color or language.  Individual accountability is hard, if you have to try everyone in a court.  The better choice is personal responsibility guided by a well fed conscience.  Not perfect, but better than the alternatives.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Oy vey. Yeah, well no. Because that's nowhere near what he is saying.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Nonsensei

Talk about a random 90 degree turn in logic and direction.

Im not saying that. I'm saying Europeans have their heads so far up their own asses their shoulders have been in shadow for decades. But that arrogance is unwarranted. They are just living in countries that are good places to live because their ancestors made it that way. They won the Earth spawn point lottery when compared to, really, almost anywhere on the planet. And they are just so goddamn full of themselves for it. So full of themselves, in fact, that you might even catch them suggesting that if they were transplanted to another place on the planet, a place that traditionally has had turmoil and problems, that they would somehow transform it into a Utopia and defeat all of the issues the original inhabitants had trouble with.

Why? Well because Europeans are a better breed of human of course.

Where's my fucking vomit emote.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on