News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

More Americans Are Identifying As LGBT

Started by _Xenu_, January 13, 2017, 06:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Munch on January 15, 2017, 11:42:43 AM
Instability leading to psychological problems, lack of developed empathy, social disorder.

It's a case by case basis how children are able to survive their families being broken, some might come out of it fine, while others might be damaged by it. It's a massive blow to any kid to lose that kind of stability around them.

I suppose I should've asked, "Which of 'most of today's problems' are broken families responsible for?" Case by case doesn't sound like most.
"To have faith is to lose your mind and to win God."
-The Sickness unto Death - 1849

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Baruch on January 15, 2017, 01:56:40 PM
Broken families sometimes break themselves, sometimes they are broken by government policy and economic chaos.  No, you don't have to have a mom and a dad ... but you need two parents (even two aunts or two uncles) because it is too hard all by yourself.  And you need economic and other stability.  The kid will grow up naturally, if you just provide a supportive and nurturing environment for 20+ years ;-)  Of course the plutocracy doesn't want middle class people, they want desperate poor people.  Of course people mess themselves up, for a thousand reasons.  If you are a kid in Aleppo, in a war zone, and you just got orphaned ... you are not likely to grow up normal.

This is not the answer to the question.

Baruch

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on January 15, 2017, 11:56:52 PM
This is not the answer to the question.

Do you believe in cause/effect?  Do you believe anyone or any circumstance ... is responsible for anything?  Or do you hate families?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Baruch on January 16, 2017, 12:43:58 AM
Do you believe in cause/effect?  Do you believe anyone or any circumstance ... is responsible for anything?  Or do you hate families?

This is entirely non-sequitur and still not the answer to the question. You made the initial statement, and I asked a simple question. Stop question dodging.

Baruch

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on January 16, 2017, 01:53:24 PM
This is entirely non-sequitur and still not the answer to the question. You made the initial statement, and I asked a simple question. Stop question dodging.

Your responses are too brief, I am unable to compute ;-)  I will have to ask the MCP at Tron to provide a software patch.

Incomprehension, isn't the same as dodging.  Please restate in your own words ... as I have been encouraging you to do.

I stated ... broken families are part of the problem in society (but not with LGBT).  Perhaps you thought I was implying something different, that LGBT is caused by abuse.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Absurd Atheist

Quote from: Baruch on January 16, 2017, 02:21:16 PM
Your responses are too brief, I am unable to compute ;-)  I will have to ask the MCP at Tron to provide a software patch.

Incomprehension, isn't the same as dodging.  Please restate in your own words ... as I have been encouraging you to do.

I stated ... broken families are part of the problem in society (but not with LGBT).  Perhaps you thought I was implying something different, that LGBT is caused by abuse.

"In fact, I attribute most of today's problems to broken families (and yes, I blame the parents, the children are minors)."

Which of most of today's problems are due to broken families?

widdershins

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on January 13, 2017, 06:56:35 AM
For those curious: the ratio of queer people hasn't gone up, it's just that more people are willing to admit that they're queer.
Exactly what I was going to say.  It's not that more people are gay, just that it's no longer wrongly stigmatized.  Not only are more people willing to admit it to each other, more people are willing to admit it to themselves.
This sentence is a lie...

Baruch

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on January 16, 2017, 02:33:03 PM
"In fact, I attribute most of today's problems to broken families (and yes, I blame the parents, the children are minors)."

Which of most of today's problems are due to broken families?

Low income, low self esteem, confused social/gender roles (not sexuality), crime etc. and of course alcohol/drug abuse.

You are far more likely to be successful in any society ... if you have proper support and comfort while growing up, you don't get that as a street rat in the ghetto.  Even under the best of conditions, it is still a crap shoot.  One little slip differently by my natural/adoptive parents and I would be slitting someone's throat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on January 14, 2017, 07:41:05 PM
Eh, what we find attractive is largely nurture, so I am sure there is room for it in sexuality as well.
The possibility is there I guess, but I remember falling for the Backstreet Boys before puberty even because Nick looked good shirtless. Now, as a grown ass man, I criticize Nicks hair because it's stupid in retrospect.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!