News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

More Americans Are Identifying As LGBT

Started by _Xenu_, January 13, 2017, 06:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

LGBTQPAI just seems like a jumbled mess of meaning now, I'd sooner someone make a new word for it instead just adding another sexual status every few years. Give it another ten years and it'll be something like LGBTQPAIHJODCVYWQXMUR.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

It's really just LGBT+ in all the "elitest, liberal intelligentsia" circles I have seen.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Quote from: Munch on January 13, 2017, 07:53:25 PM
LGBTQPAI just seems like a jumbled mess of meaning now, I'd sooner someone make a new word for it instead just adding another sexual status every few years. Give it another ten years and it'll be something like LGBTQPAIHJODCVYWQXMUR.
I tend to just prefer queer for similar reasons. If you care enough about someone to dig more into the specifics, the over-specialized labels won't matter. Besides, if we can't keep track of all those letters, how can we expect anyone else to? Even I don't know what the 'AI' part means.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

Quote from: _Xenu_ on January 13, 2017, 08:14:05 PM
I tend to just prefer queer for similar reasons. If you care enough about someone to dig more into the specifics, the over-specialized labels won't matter. Besides, if we can't keep track of all those letters, how can we expect anyone else to? Even I don't know what the 'AI' part means.

Asexual and intersexual.. whatever intersexual means. Whatever new special snowflake invents for their 'unique' sexual status and buzzfeed coins it.

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 13, 2017, 08:28:10 PM
Asexual and intersexual.. whatever intersexual means. Whatever new special snowflake invents for their 'unique' sexual status and buzzfeed coins it.

And gays aren't special snowflakes who invented their own orientation? After all, I don't understand how someone can be gay, so they must just be doing it for attention.

I'm hoping your post was a bit of self depreciating humor, but the internet conveys it very poorly.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

Quote from: Munch on January 13, 2017, 08:28:10 PM
Um. Isn't intersex another word for hermaphroditism?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: pr126 on January 13, 2017, 07:17:41 AM
Proclaiming being LGBTQP is a status symbol now?
Is there a reward for it?

Just asking.
REALLY!??
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hydra009

Quote from: Mermaid on January 13, 2017, 09:14:10 PM
REALLY!??
Yep.  Being gay is a status symbol now.

Just last week I tried to show up the neighbors by proudly displaying my 4k smartphone (4k is both the resolution and price in british sterling)

He showed off his yacht, which he hauls around in a cargo transport (he doesn't want to harm its value by getting it wet)

My retort:  "Oh yeah, well I did five guys at Five Guys!"

Boom, instant praise and adoration from every American, including the huge chunk of America that up until recently was zealously opposed to gay marriage to the point of seriously arguing that natural disasters were the result of gay people hooking up. 

Well, they've all changed their tune.  It used to be that smoking cigarettes made you look cool.  Now it's smoking sausages.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 13, 2017, 08:56:09 AM
No. An old regular is cherishing his newly found homosexuality and he is posting about how LGBTQP people are getting more comfortable about identifying themselves every day.
Wait... Ps are in the fam now?  :djparty:

Kidding. I assume that is for pan. Just gave me a chuckle because the alt right has been calling it lgbtqp for a while now.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 13, 2017, 08:33:58 PM
And gays aren't special snowflakes who invented their own orientation? After all, I don't understand how someone can be gay, so they must just be doing it for attention.

I'm hoping your post was a bit of self depreciating humor, but the internet conveys it very poorly.

Seems like so many want their own uniqueness to their own, personalized sexual identify.

Let's not even get started on 'otherkin'

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: _Xenu_ on January 13, 2017, 06:20:29 PM
The fear is melting away, but even now, we both know certain lines cannot be crossed. For some of us, being too open will still cost us our families.
Unfortunately. I count myself very lucky that my family accepted me.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

_Xenu_

Quote from: Absurd Atheist on January 13, 2017, 11:26:06 AM
Just had one of those nature versus nurture debates over this exact topic. Incredible the leaps people will go to in God's name.
I have to admit I am curious. How much is nature and how much is nurture? Just wanting whatever your opinion is. Nothing you say about this is going to offend me.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Mike Cl

Quote from: _Xenu_ on January 14, 2017, 07:21:06 PM
I have to admit I am curious. How much is nature and how much is nurture? Just wanting whatever your opinion is. Nothing you say about this is going to offend me.
How can it be anything but nature. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 14, 2017, 07:34:39 PM
How can it be anything but nature. 

Eh, what we find attractive is largely nurture, so I am sure there is room for it in sexuality as well.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Munch on January 14, 2017, 04:08:23 AM

Seems like so many want their own uniqueness to their own, personalized sexual identify.

Let's not even get started on 'otherkin'
That graph makes me cringe