Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Bob, January 11, 2017, 03:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello.

I am Bob.

Could someone please define exactly what is meant by "EVIDENCE" for the existence of God?

Thanks.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hakurei Reimu

Don't Bob around the issue now.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PopeyesPappy

Sorry Bob. Sock puppets aren't allowed.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

I know he's not around anymore, but, to answer the question: I don't know. I never came across any. I couldn't even fathom what it would be.
What do you think qualifies as evidence, if you think you have any? That's a better question.
If you have it and the logic holds up; you'll have evidence and we'll probably have a change of heart. If you don't or if it doesn't, you'll get told why; making it not evidence for what you claim it to be.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Hi Bob--are you that armless legless man in a swimming pool they are talking about????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Are your pants really square?

Evidence = if it allows for the existence of anything atheists disapprove of, then the evidence is questionable. Usually on the basis that it is subjective.  However objective evidence for whatever, is not as strong as people might think, but then that requires philosophy to evaluate, which atheists also denounce as secularized theology ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

God is an extremely extraordinary claim beyond anything we know. Of course a lot of very good evidence for his existence is going to be necessary to convince us.
(she bites!)

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Bob on January 11, 2017, 03:55:43 PM
Hello.

I am Bob.

Could someone please define exactly what is meant by "EVIDENCE" for the existence of God?

Thanks.

If the god can touch me sexually, that's evidence enough for me.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on January 11, 2017, 11:44:24 PM
If the god can touch me sexually, that's evidence enough for me.

O I considered my wife to be a goddess ... until she kicked me out.  Does that count?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Baruch on January 11, 2017, 07:33:41 PM
Are your pants really square?

Evidence = if it allows for the existence of anything atheists disapprove of, then the evidence is questionable. Usually on the basis that it is subjective.  However objective evidence for whatever, is not as strong as people might think, but then that requires philosophy to evaluate, which atheists also denounce as secularized theology ;-)

No again, Baruch. The fact that we reject the premise of god as the uncaused cause doesn't mean we have no use for logic or reject philosophy in its entirety. 
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on January 12, 2017, 07:24:52 AM
No again, Baruch. The fact that we reject the premise of god as the uncaused cause doesn't mean we have no use for logic or reject philosophy in its entirety.

Neither do the other ideologues.  I only protest when ideologues claim to have the one true ideology ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

You quite clearly do more than simply "protest when ideologues claim to have the one true ideology" Winky face.
(she bites!)

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2017, 07:05:44 AM
O I considered my wife to be a goddess ... until she kicked me out.  Does that count?

I'm sorry, human beings don't count.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.