News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello!

Started by Journey_To_Mars, January 11, 2017, 06:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Journey_To_Mars

I thought I would take some time to actually say hello. 7 months after joining I finally decided to actually join in some conversation.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on January 11, 2017, 06:41:27 PM
I thought I would take some time to actually say hello. 7 months after joining I finally decided to actually join in some conversation.

It is OK to have trolled around for awhile.  As long as you aren't an ogre ;-)

Here is my connection to a journey to Mars.  Back in the 80s, Carl Sagan was delivering a lecture at University of Colorado-Boulder, about the Mars colonization project.  My new wife and I went.  She is an avid fan of science fiction, and I knew Carl Sagan indirectly, because of watching the original Cosmos series on TV.  Alas, he droned on and on for billions and billions of nanoseconds ... and my new wife fell asleep with boredom!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Baruch on January 11, 2017, 07:34:27 PM
It is OK to have trolled around for awhile.  As long as you aren't an ogre ;-)

Here is my connection to a journey to Mars.  Back in the 80s, Carl Sagan was delivering a lecture at University of Colorado-Boulder, about the Mars colonization project.  My new wife and I went.  She is an avid fan of science fiction, and I knew Carl Sagan indirectly, because of watching the original Cosmos series on TV.  Alas, he droned on and on for billions and billions of nanoseconds ... and my new wife fell asleep with boredom!

That's actually quite sad to have fallen asleep during a speech given by Carl Sagan. I chose the name because of the rapid reality that humans will be sent to Mars sometime in the 2030s. Also, I haven't eaten enough onions to have gotten ogre my dumb puns.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

Baruch

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on January 11, 2017, 11:41:31 PM
That's actually quite sad to have fallen asleep during a speech given by Carl Sagan. I chose the name because of the rapid reality that humans will be sent to Mars sometime in the 2030s. Also, I haven't eaten enough onions to have gotten ogre my dumb puns.

Stick to parfaits.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.