News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

PBS: Why Millennials Ruin Everything

Started by Shiranu, January 11, 2017, 05:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Young people always try to escape the dark shadow of their parents ... I did.  Some manage this by never growing up, never getting a job, never getting married, never raising children.  But most find some other way ... usually by turning into their parents.  The cultural details vary from generation to generation, but this is just window dressing.  Revolutionaries are organized young people, who want to kill the past.  This is a bad thing usually.  I found a way to cooperate with my parents and with the past ... there was no need to kill either.

I believe in Millennials.  I don't think there is anything bad with them as a group, or any other age cohort.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mr.Obvious

I have a hard time imagening you young, Baruch. And that is an expression free of sarcasm and intended offense, should you be inclined to take.

Millenials sure ain't no nineties-kids, but then again, kids from the eighties tended to look down on us. Perhaps it's The privilige and curse of the older sibling to look down at the younger generation and see wasted potential rather than potential realized.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 11, 2017, 11:58:05 AM
I have a hard time imagening you young, Baruch. And that is an expression free of sarcasm and intended offense, should you be inclined to take.

Millenials sure ain't no nineties-kids, but then again, kids from the eighties tended to look down on us. Perhaps it's The privilige and curse of the older sibling to look down at the younger generation and see wasted potential rather than potential realized.

At one time I was so introverted from stammering and terrible shyness, I could never have imagined expressing myself, like I do today.  I rather like your beneficent POV ... other people are much more bitter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

PickelledEggs

If an oxcart gets stuck in the mud, do you blame the ox or do you blame the driver?

pr126

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 12, 2017, 01:06:03 AM
If an oxcart gets stuck in the mud, do you blame the ox or do you blame the driver?
I would blame the ox. It should know better.
After all, it is the ox getting the extra whipping to get the cart out of the mud.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 12, 2017, 01:06:03 AM

You should stick to art theme anologies, because that^ is meaningless, esp. considering the anti-sjws are blaming the mud. To be precise the water that turned the dirt into mud.

The 'mud' is the accumulation of knowledge of western civilisation and the process of that understanding becoming the culture and creating the real life circumstances; socio scultural structure through the economical and political system, which now you as an individual, live in it. It has an ongoing history of development and evolution of 2500 years. It's still on. This doesn't have a linear, correct or incorrect path with traffic signs.

The 'water' is the series of critical theories following, flowing over each other through time, still running, the last, greatest one being the 'evil' Marxism. 

It's the oldest push and pull. And you are an organic part of it as a millennial yourself. You are not out of what that video explains.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

The reaction; occurance of sjws, and 'the millennial response' over all is a part of that process any extreme tendency associated with that movement is the ordinary marginal slice every movement has. And it's not a coincidence this is happening in America.

Movements come and go, they change, get renewed, die..etc. No, generation can single handedly create a stable tardition of it.

But what is so dangerously alarming about anti-sjws is the ignorance and anti-intellectualism they promote. EXACTLY like the religious people, they think the western scholarship of social sciences is making up stories and concepts how you like it and it is designed to wipe them out. And they are not the extremist, marginal part of anti-sjws movement, but the very defintion of it. It's their produced argument in reaction. 

There are countless videos made by white males, radio shows juggling political and sociological terms without any meaning or unable to follow some sort of discourse supposedly 'shitting' on one of the greatest critical theory produced by western civilisation that evolved the western societies itself, as if it is some sort of an economical or political regime. And they are successful, because while the audience has no real concept of the possible relations between the sub and super structure of its own society, the name of it is the boogieman of the culture.

They are so severely dumbed down, they actually believe and preach that there is some sort of a norm of 'Marxist movement' in their country to change the sturcture of their culture fundamentally.

Not one man in the group, willing to think for a moment to recognise this whole bullshit as an adapted, adjusted version of the right wing propaganda promoted by the basic standards of commercial marketing.

Why? Because American society has the collective memory of an aquarium fish. Because everyone is out to get the white class, starting with males. If you are not at the same side with them, you are an enemy. If you are not an apple, you are clearly a banana.

And of course they severely need that knife set, because it is obviously impossible to live without it. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

According to the definitions used here, apparently I'm a millenial.
I always thought myself more a late part of the 90's kids, being born in '91. Never concidered myself a millenial. Not starting now either, I don't have especially a lot in common with those born 10 years after me.

Baruch

"Because American society has the collective memory of an aquarium fish" more than you know.  An aquarium fish is always looking at the side of the tank, which to him is a mirror, and he is only seeing his own narcissistic reflection ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Journey_To_Mars

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 12, 2017, 05:09:12 AM
According to the definitions used here, apparently I'm a millenial.
I always thought myself more a late part of the 90's kids, being born in '91. Never concidered myself a millenial. Not starting now either, I don't have especially a lot in common with those born 10 years after me.

It's not like it really matters. If you remember, only one generation, baby boomers, are even recognized by the the census bureau. Just because you feel like you belong to a certain group doesn't mean you're exempt from the whole either, it just means that you most likely see yourself in a subgroup. Not feeling like you feel connected to kids born in the 2000s is also kind of weird to feel because at that point a generation would have been moving slowly into generation X. Now let me ask you a question, would you say that you have a connection with kids born in the 80's?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." - Voltaire

Maths is a game where you make the rules and play around within them.

SGOS

Is it time to pull out that Socrates quote about kids today?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SGOS on January 12, 2017, 07:57:31 AM
Is it time to pull out that Socrates quote about kids today?

I don't know, are you to the cave entrance close enough? :ppp

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Journey_To_Mars on January 12, 2017, 07:42:37 AM
It's not like it really matters. If you remember, only one generation, baby boomers, are even recognized by the the census bureau. Just because you feel like you belong to a certain group doesn't mean you're exempt from the whole either, it just means that you most likely see yourself in a subgroup. Not feeling like you feel connected to kids born in the 2000s is also kind of weird to feel because at that point a generation would have been moving slowly into generation X. Now let me ask you a question, would you say that you have a connection with kids born in the 80's?

My brother and sister were born in Eighties. :p
If I had a say in 'marking' my generation, it'd probably be from tops 1985 to tops 1995. Or '86 and '96. If you are in that agerange, I see potential to equivalency of where we are at in our lives.