News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Welcome to Europe!

Started by pr126, January 10, 2017, 11:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

I like it how pr gets all hyperbolic on us about how Islam is going to destroy the western world when in the US we are literally one 70 year old man's heartbeat away from a Christian Dominionist taking over the American empire. Once again, you have much more to fear from a savvy, patient enemy than a loud, impulsive one.

Further, that 70yo man is shockingly incompetent anyway. Incompetence is in many ways worse than corruption; corruption has the wherewithal to at least keep the structures that support their power intact, while incompetence simply runs roughshod over it all.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

Well, despite the relentless media hype, the voter fraud, the #Nevertrumps Hillary lost the presidency she was so assured to get.

Why?

Shiranu

Meh, she still won the popular vote as a very unpopular candidate.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: pr126 on January 11, 2017, 10:15:50 AM
Well, despite the relentless media hype, the voter fraud, the #Nevertrumps Hillary lost the presidency she was so assured to get.

Why?

POLLING ERROR
I can't prove this, but I think it was due to polling errors, although it's more complicated I suppose because observing polls, like quantum mechanics, influences the events and the new events react with other events: 

Polls predicting a sure win for Hillary may have led to complacency among Democrats.
Hillary's weakness as a general election candidate may have led to complacency among Democrats.

According to one pollster on NPR, he suspected the polling error could be accounted for by many of those who said they would vote for Hillary, didn't actually show up to vote.  This would happen with Trump voters too, but for some reason, Hillary supporters as a group may not have felt the same depth of conviction as Trump supporters.

THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE
I won't bother to explain this, partly because I don't understand the electoral college to begin with.  Well, I get the mechanics of the thing.  It's like a mathematical proof that 1 + 1 = 17.  You insert some whacky axioms into the proof, and presto!  You get strange conclusions.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 11, 2017, 10:15:50 AM

Why?

You also realise the states that voted for her are globally reknowned for being socially and educationally in the modern dark ages compared to even the backwards United States...

On top of being desperate thanks to a global economy that no longer prioritised them...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

I just realized how much of a thin thread the world is right now on its political climate. America is now being lead by a greasy car salesman, who if he were to drop dead America would be lead by evil personified. Europe is in shambles with its lead representative hated by everyone, and all it would take is a more "cavalier" representative to cause another international crisis of anyone with brown skin. We've got Russia sticking it's fingers in the wests collective holes, and Korea's little cheese muncher claiming he has nuclear warheads and he could fire it anywhere he wants.

I just want to go live underground with the mole people.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on January 11, 2017, 08:48:31 AM
I like it how pr gets all hyperbolic on us about how Islam is going to destroy the western world when in the US we are literally one 70 year old man's heartbeat away from a Christian Dominionist taking over the American empire. Once again, you have much more to fear from a savvy, patient enemy than a loud, impulsive one.

Further, that 70yo man is shockingly incompetent anyway. Incompetence is in many ways worse than corruption; corruption has the wherewithal to at least keep the structures that support their power intact, while incompetence simply runs roughshod over it all.

If Mr Pence is a Dominionist in both word and deed ... that would be a bad thing.  If that what happens, then the US deserves the shit show it is going to get.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 11, 2017, 10:49:28 AM
Meh, she still won the popular vote as a very unpopular candidate.

So did Hitler.  Democracy stinks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 11, 2017, 11:38:50 AM
You also realise the states that voted for her are globally reknowned for being socially and educationally in the modern dark ages compared to even the backwards United States...

On top of being desperate thanks to a global economy that no longer prioritised them...

Don't worry, the Chinese and India can replace all the losers in California, and Mexico and Latin America can replace all the losers in Texas ;-)

This is why we can't have nice things.  Americans think other Americans are shit.  This works in both obvious directions, all are guilty.  United we stand, divided we fall.  Yankees are just as responsible of this as Rebs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 11, 2017, 12:36:18 PM
I just realized how much of a thin thread the world is right now on its political climate. America is now being lead by a greasy car salesman, who if he were to drop dead America would be lead by evil personified. Europe is in shambles with its lead representative hated by everyone, and all it would take is a more "cavalier" representative to cause another international crisis of anyone with brown skin. We've got Russia sticking it's fingers in the wests collective holes, and Korea's little cheese muncher claiming he has nuclear warheads and he could fire it anywhere he wants.

I just want to go live underground with the mole people.

But only if the mole people are metrosexual ;-)

Putin is a great leader ... he will do much better for Europe than Merkel or Cameron.  And I think the US is done leading Europe around by the nose.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

The DNC was using a program to do their thinking for them, called Ada.  But there may also have been garbage in, garbage out.  But it was still all about Hillary being a known crook and being a shitty campaigner in 2008 and 2016.  Bill Clinton gave her some good advice too, but she told her husband to go back to his latest chippie.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Quote from: SGOS on January 11, 2017, 10:50:03 AM

POLLING ERROR
I can't prove this, but I think it was due to polling errors, although it's more complicated I suppose because observing polls, like quantum mechanics, influences the events and the new events react with other events: 

Polls predicting a sure win for Hillary may have led to complacency among Democrats.
Hillary's weakness as a general election candidate may have led to complacency among Democrats.

According to one pollster on NPR, he suspected the polling error could be accounted for by many of those who said they would vote for Hillary, didn't actually show up to vote.  This would happen with Trump voters too, but for some reason, Hillary supporters as a group may not have felt the same depth of conviction as Trump supporters.

THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE
I won't bother to explain this, partly because I don't understand the electoral college to begin with.  Well, I get the mechanics of the thing.  It's like a mathematical proof that 1 + 1 = 17.  You insert some whacky axioms into the proof, and presto!  You get strange conclusions.
Let me rephrase the question.

Why have over 62 million Americans  voted for Trump and not for Hillary?

I mean the media has told everybody over and over again who to vote for.
How can be Americans that stupid, unable to follow simple instructions?

Baruch

If Hillary, Bill and Chelsea had even a speck of human decency, Hillary would have won ... given the 1.2 billion dollars they spent on her branding campaign.  Personally I am not into branding people, even with Double Bar Ranch branding ... moo.  People are waking up that the MSM is just a more authoritarian (not authoritative) version of National Inquirer.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.