Greenwald:Mainstream US Media is Culpable for Disseminating Fake-Deceitful News

Started by drunkenshoe, January 08, 2017, 03:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: chill98 on January 11, 2017, 10:29:03 PM
I know you put time into your response but I cannot follow what point you are trying to make other than you hate trump.

Heres an article by Greenwald about anonymous gov sources that maybe will help you understand what I am talking about.  I posted this article Dec 12 in a different thread.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/10/anonymous-leaks-to-the-washpost-about-the-cias-russia-beliefs-are-no-substitute-for-evidence/

My response was directed at your bolding and font size emphasis in the article and how the msm putting out fake news and not alerting their twitter/social media followers to changes in those articles is unrelated to what Trump posts in his account.

As far as the rest of your post. ..  all it is, is what you imagine in a 'the sky is falling' world view.

The sky is always falling, for young chickens on their way to becoming McDonald's nuggets.  Soylent Middle East .. not a nice thing at all.

The news spins and spins until you throw up ;-)  4chan et al claiming they have fooled the ex-MI6 guy paid by McCain to produce a crappy report to defame Trump, that McCain handed to the FBI ... so what ... they can appoint McCain President?  When confronted with it ... if it were true, and if Trump were like Bill Clinton, then we can expect Mrs Trump to run for President, in the next election cycle ;-)  Gonzo journalism went mainstream a long time ago, and with the Internet, it is world wide.  Eric Severeid is long dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

No, this is not about hating Trump. I don't think sky is falling.

The article is ciriticising Trump's stance in middle of this shit storm. How as a president elect who is going to sit in that chair, acting with what his style in what medium.

You are still writing about evidence. (I also have posted a thread and actually expressed my opinion on that this has to stop.)
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Bad news sells.  So Trump is great for the Media.  Probably there will be video games made for Snowflakes, where Trump is a monster in the video game.  And like Hillary, they can use cheats to win the game without actually earning it the hard way.

History is absurd.  Rationalists just spin their heads until their heads snap off.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

chill98

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2017, 07:01:21 AM
The sky is always falling, for young chickens on their way to becoming McDonald's nuggets.  Soylent Middle East .. not a nice thing at all.
Thus sayeth the Guidestones...

The news spins and spins until you throw up ;-)  4chan et al claiming they have fooled the ex-MI6 guy paid by McCain to produce a crappy report to defame Trump, that McCain handed to the FBI ... so what ... they can appoint McCain President?  When confronted with it ... if it were true, and if Trump were like Bill Clinton, then we can expect Mrs Trump to run for President, in the next election cycle ;-)  Gonzo journalism went mainstream a long time ago, and with the Internet, it is world wide. 
Yeah, I looked into the 4chan claim. So far, unsubstantiated.  But a great troll if true!!

Eric Severeid is long dead.
Long Live Michael Crichton!!
oh wait. He's dead too.
nevermind.

chill98

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 12, 2017, 09:08:59 AM

The article is ciriticising Trump's stance in middle of this shit storm. How as a president elect who is going to sit in that chair, acting with what his style in what medium.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Joined March 2009

https://twitter.com/POTUS

Joined June 2013

https://twitter.com/BarackObama

This account is run by Organizing for Action staff. Tweets from the President are signed -bo.

Joined March 2007

Trumps 'style' is part of what got him elected.  Freedom of speech does not stop due to an election result as we can see with Obama having a twitter account.  Don't like his message, don't read his tweets.  Its kinda like turn the channel if you don't like whats on tv.

Baruch

Since Trump is delegating out all the serious stuff to the cabinet, and they are fine with saying things both contrary to each other and contrary to their boss (at least during the hearings) this should make the other nations foreign ministries take up serious drinking.  Japanese like Johnny Walker Black ... so you know where to put your money ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.