News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Conviction or Repetition

Started by fencerider, January 07, 2017, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalSomnia

Oh boy, starting with the "you are a failure, not my deity" stuff. Imma go get my popcorn.
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

Baruch

"I can show you how to find that peace, but you will have to be dead serious with God." ... no you cannot.  Check your privilege.  You can only share yourself, you can't share G-d.  And sorry, Jesus himself says he doesn't bring peace, but a sword that separates family member from family member.  He has started a blaze on the Earth, the Earth is kindling, and once it is a fire that won't go out, he goes.  If you are at peace, good for you.  But beware of finding a G-d that looks like yourself, or what you want to find.  Continue to seek ... finding G-d is only the beginning, and it doesn't stop in a book, or even start there.  It is a station on an infinite path.  We are on a caravan thru a terrible desert, no person can find their way alone, but don't mistake a mirage for even an oasis, let alone your destination.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Heisreal on January 28, 2017, 12:09:04 AM
\

Now you want to do the exact same thing i did, blame God for the failures in your life. Oh, I know how it goes, I've been there! How could a God who says He loves me so much allow all this to happen to me?

You could not be further from the truth.  In fact, you are even farther than I can convey.  I don't believe in god; I know that god is a fiction.  So how could I blame a fiction for anything--good or bad--in my life or with the rest of the world?????  You, and every other theist like you, just cannot get over the idea that I don't believe?  You believe that I know there is a god and am rejecting that god; that is not it at all.  You are so deeply invested in the idea that there MUST be a god that you simply cannot get beyond that concept.  Nothing will change that for you since it is a purely emotional concept for you one that cannot be swayed by facts and critical thinking (for that is of the devil).  So, your default setting is god is--period.  My default is that there is no god; I see not one shred of empirical evidence to lead me to believe in a god(s)---but if any is shown to me, I too, will become a believer.  Can you show me one 'fact' that would establish there is a god? 

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Heisreal

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 28, 2017, 08:46:39 AM
You could not be further from the truth.  In fact, you are even farther than I can convey.  I don't believe in god; I know that god is a fiction.  So how could I blame a fiction for anything--good or bad--in my life or with the rest of the world?????  You, and every other theist like you, just cannot get over the idea that I don't believe?  You believe that I know there is a god and am rejecting that god; that is not it at all.  You are so deeply invested in the idea that there MUST be a god that you simply cannot get beyond that concept.  Nothing will change that for you since it is a purely emotional concept for you one that cannot be swayed by facts and critical thinking (for that is of the devil).  So, your default setting is god is--period.  My default is that there is no god; I see not one shred of empirical evidence to lead me to believe in a god(s)---but if any is shown to me, I too, will become a believer.  Can you show me one 'fact' that would establish there is a god? 

The Bible is the worlds oldest history book. It spans from the beginning of known time to the predictions of future events before us.

Show me one sentence of recorded history in this book that scientists and archeologists have PROVEN to be incorrect.

There are many things in scripture that haven't been found yet, what I want is pure evidence that the Book has lied about history.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Heisreal on January 28, 2017, 12:22:41 PM
The Bible is the worlds oldest history book. It spans from the beginning of known time to the predictions of future events before us.

Show me one sentence of recorded history in this book that scientists and archeologists have PROVEN to be incorrect.

There are many things in scripture that haven't been found yet, what I want is pure evidence that the Book has lied about history.
This is supposed to be your argument about a fictional god.  You give me any verse you want from your bible and I'll comment on that.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Heisreal

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 28, 2017, 12:28:52 PM
This is supposed to be your argument about a fictional god.  You give me any verse you want from your bible and I'll comment on that.

How about you give me documented proof that any historical event, place, or person, recorded in the Holy Bible is false.

There are over 1600 pages in my Bible, surly you can find one sentence that bears an outright lie.

Hydra009

Quote from: Heisreal on January 28, 2017, 12:45:54 PMHow about you give me documented proof that any historical event, place, or person, recorded in the Holy Bible is false.
Betcha can't prove a negative!

(What am I supposed to do here, get documented proof that Jesus didn't walk on water or that demons didn't fly out a man and into a pig??)

QuoteThere are over 1600 pages in my Bible, surly you can find one sentence that bears an outright lie.
That one's actually way more easy.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%205:5&version=KJV

Boom goes the dynamite.

fencerider

Malichai 3:6 ? Bring the tithe into the story house and I will give you a blessing so big you don't have space for it.

Been there. Done that. 3 years later.... still waiting
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

sdelsolray

Quote from: Heisreal on January 28, 2017, 12:45:54 PM
How about you give me documented proof that any historical event, place, or person, recorded in the Holy Bible is false.

There are over 1600 pages in my Bible, surly you can find one sentence that bears an outright lie.

Well, Sparky, you are the one claiming the Bible is true and likely claim it is inerrant.  Accordingly, you have the burden of proof to demonstrate that.

Heisreal

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 28, 2017, 01:13:22 PM
Betcha can't prove a negative!
That's ones actually way more easy.  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%205:5&version=KJV

Boom goes the dynamite.

I assume you can prove Adam didn't live 930 years? If you can, you must be a God yourself!

Did you know that God created man to live forever in the flesh? That's the purpose of the resurrection, for mans soul and spirit to return to the flesh and live forever. Our bodies will be like that of Christ after His resurrection. Of course, you don't believe the Bible. That's also why the first generation of man lived so long, but sin brought forth death, both physical and spiritual.

After the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, God began to shave the years off mans life. By the the time of King David, mans average lifespan was  in the 70's, and has been for about 3000 years now.

Heisreal

Quote from: sdelsolray on January 28, 2017, 01:19:23 PM
Well, Sparky, you are the one claiming the Bible is true and likely claim it is inerrant.  Accordingly, you have the burden of proof to demonstrate that.

No, no, no! You say the Bible is a lie, this is your chance to prove it! You can end this long running debate right now.

Show me the lie in the Bible!!!

Unbeliever

Quote from: Heisreal on January 27, 2017, 10:27:02 PM
I was born and raised in the Bible Belt, here in NC.

Lucky Saudi Arabia wasn't your birthplace, or you'd likely have become a Muslim - then how would you ever get to heaven!?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

I don't have much time, so all I can do now is point you in the right direction. It's up to you what you do with it:

Failed Bible Prophecies

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

History is always a lie ... secular or sacred.  Pure propaganda.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

sdelsolray

Quote from: Heisreal on January 28, 2017, 01:35:44 PM
No, no, no! You say the Bible is a lie, this is your chance to prove it! You can end this long running debate right now.

Show me the lie in the Bible!!!

I said no such thing.  Turn off your programmed response machine.  Of course, your hyperbole is quite entertaining, but only for a few posts, then it will become boring.

Try again.  Here, I'll repeat what I said before you went all infanttile:

"Well, Sparky, you are the one claiming the Bible is true and likely claim it is inerrant.  Accordingly, you have the burden of proof to demonstrate that."

Provide your evidence, not your selfish and empty beliefs.