Worst case scenario realized: Trump will try to do exactly what he said he would

Started by Nonsensei, January 06, 2017, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on January 07, 2017, 09:35:00 AM
Dream on ... the US has been heathen from the start, our very religion is heresy.
Every religion is heresy--and mind numbing and senseless and the opiate of the masses.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 07, 2017, 11:20:04 AM
Every religion is heresy--and mind numbing and senseless and the opiate of the masses.

Heresy of Heresy = Unmoved Mover ... it isn't shamen all the way down.  What do you have against the masses, other than Catholic communion ;-)  Are you against stoners?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on January 07, 2017, 12:33:22 PM
Heresy of Heresy = Unmoved Mover ... it isn't shamen all the way down.  What do you have against the masses, other than Catholic communion ;-)  Are you against stoners?
Depends upon the kind of 'stones' they use.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Poison Tree

Several times I've had conversations with people I know where they said some version of "I voted for Trump because Clinton's such a lair. . . . Well of course Trump's not actually going to [insert campaign promise]"

Recently Vox had two related articles about Trump/Republican voters who are certain that they couldn't possibly repeal Obamacare:
QuoteThere was a persistent belief that Trump would fix these problems and make Obamacare work better. I kept hearing informed voters, who had watched the election closely, say they did hear the promise of repeal but simply felt Trump couldn’t repeal a law that had done so much good for them. In fact, some of the people I talked to hope that one of the more divisive pieces of the law â€" Medicaid expansion â€" might become even more robust, offering more of the working poor a chance at the same coverage the very poor receive.
QuoteThe funny thing is, my husband said, “You know, [Trump]’s going to eliminate health care.” But he really can’t totally take it out, because everybody has to have health care. You can't go backward.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Sal1981

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 07, 2017, 02:23:10 PM
You can't go backwards? Say that to 14th century Spain.

"hacia atrás" ... there, I said it.  Spain/Portugal as a very complex history.  "muy picante"  But it is easy for us Anglophones to pick on them, and the Francophones too ... it is tradition!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

the u.s. war on everything has been 100% successful. The whole point was to put more money in the pockets of the defense contractors.

The next 4 years may be different. usually the head politician lets them do whatever they want to get more money in their pockets, but now we got one that will probably be wantin to put the money in his pocket. might be a scuffle brewin there.

its not hard to believe there is someone like Trump in the U.S., but it is hard to believe there are so many people that think he is the smartest kid on the block.
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

If the only thing that people want is money, then we all turn bank robbers ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

It may well be that giving the Republicans everything they want is the only way to destroy the party. We'll see if they can really govern, or can only rule.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 12, 2017, 06:16:30 PM
It may well be that giving the Republicans everything they want is the only way to destroy the party. We'll see if they can really govern, or can only rule.

So the Democrats want to take the lazy way out?  Like during Hillary's campaign? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I don't know from democrats - I have no affiliation with any party, so I guess I'd be considered an independent. But in a choice between dems and republicans, I'll settle for dems.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Johan

Trump could personally order the bloody brutal assassination of the first born child and/or grand parent of every single Trump voter and they would find a way to blame it on Hilary and still love everything he does. He could then personally show up at every one of the funerals, step to the mic and announce that he personally ordered this murder and that it was his personal choice and that no one else had anything to do with it and that he also personally hired the hookers who were now pissing on the casket, and his supporters would still rationalize that it was somehow Hilary's fault.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

This entire affair is going to completely destroy any trust anyone ever had in our system of so called democracy.
It was pretty bad before, but I think from here on out the public at large will no longer have any faith that our 'public servants' will ever serve the public, but instead serve only themselves. Sure, plenty of people already believe that there is no such thing as an honest politician, now there will be almost nobody who will believe anything any politician says and now for good reason. We have a president widely believed to be treasonous and a congress apparently not willing to remove him or any of his ilk from office. I highly doubt that voter turnout will be above 10% in subsequent elections which means that elections will no longer matter as even the highest offices will be viewed as mere appointees of the oligarchy. The people who didn't vote in the last election will certainly feel vindicated in telling us that their votes didn't count and now it'll be extremely difficult to argue against their reasoning.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: Johan on January 13, 2017, 06:58:48 PM
Trump could personally order the bloody brutal assassination of the first born child and/or grand parent of every single Trump voter and they would find a way to blame it on Hilary and still love everything he does. He could then personally show up at every one of the funerals, step to the mic and announce that he personally ordered this murder and that it was his personal choice and that no one else had anything to do with it and that he also personally hired the hookers who were now pissing on the casket, and his supporters would still rationalize that it was somehow Hilary's fault.

We heard how it was George W's fault for 8 years.  I blame Dick Cheney instead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 14, 2017, 12:18:36 AM
This entire affair is going to completely destroy any trust anyone ever had in our system of so called democracy.
It was pretty bad before, but I think from here on out the public at large will no longer have any faith that our 'public servants' will ever serve the public, but instead serve only themselves. Sure, plenty of people already believe that there is no such thing as an honest politician, now there will be almost nobody who will believe anything any politician says and now for good reason. We have a president widely believed to be treasonous and a congress apparently not willing to remove him or any of his ilk from office. I highly doubt that voter turnout will be above 10% in subsequent elections which means that elections will no longer matter as even the highest offices will be viewed as mere appointees of the oligarchy. The people who didn't vote in the last election will certainly feel vindicated in telling us that their votes didn't count and now it'll be extremely difficult to argue against their reasoning.

Sen McCain believes that Trump is a traitor?  You know he is insane, right?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.