Worst case scenario realized: Trump will try to do exactly what he said he would

Started by Nonsensei, January 06, 2017, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

Perhaps there were some of us still holding out hope after the election that Trump would somehow turn into a completely different human being who never said anything as crazy as building a border wall and making Mexico pay for it, or did anything as despicable as sexually assaulting women at a whim.

By now those hopes have certainly been crushed. News over the past few weeks have revealed a president elect determined to keep his promises - no matter how ridiculous they were. Today he still insists that he will build a border wall and force Mexico to pay for it. He still plans to repeal Obamacare before he has anything to replace it with. The list of revolting and stupid promises he is attempting to keep goes on.

This is the worst case scenario. We have an honest politician. It's Trump. He's going to be the exact kind of president he said he would be, the kind we were all hoping he wouldn't be.

You have entered the Twilight Zone.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Atheon

When a politician tells the people of all the evil stuff he has planned if elected, believe him.

Trump is pure evil, and I say this to anyone who did nothing to stop him: Fuck you. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Shiranu

Quote from: Atheon on January 06, 2017, 11:01:27 AM
When a politician tells the people of all the evil stuff he has planned if elected, believe him.

Trump is pure evil, and I say this to anyone who did nothing to stop him: Fuck you. All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

You might say all it takes for evil to Trump is...

I'll see myself out now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Problem is the completely inept congress willing to rubber stamp most if not all of it unless they're given no choice but to vote for impeachment .
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Unbeliever

Well, I've heard it said that America's gotten the president it deserves...

Even if he doesn't manage to increase the well being of his supporters he'll just blame it on the Democrats, and his people will still love him.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 06, 2017, 01:54:47 PM
Well, I've heard it said that America's gotten the president it deserves...

Even if he doesn't manage to increase the well being of his supporters he'll just blame it on the Democrats, and his people will still love him.

Just what Nixon said ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Some are however speculating that his policies are going to work against the republican party itself, such as how he's stripping independent watchdog groups, or lashing out against trade groups associated with the republican party. He seems intent on pissing off his own party as much as everyone else.

Don't like the fucker, but if he causes some rabble rousing from his own party that would be entertainment gold.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Dreamer

<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

pr126

Diagnosis: TDS.

Similar to BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome).

The media is howling because they didn't get their chosen candidate elected like the last two occasion.

You are only allowed to see one side of the argument.
You are told not to visit web sites or read publications that are contrary to the main stream media, the "narrative".
You are told that they are "fake news", presented by kooks, conspirators, liars.
You are taught altered, sanitized history. Your culture is being destroyed.

Here is an analogy:
Muslims are taught that all religions except Islam are false and to be destroyed.
All ideologies except the left (and Islam) are false and to be destroyed.

fencerider

a few military phrases come to mind

snafu situation normal all fuk up

clusterfuk...

maybe we should be grateful that the people of california approved recreational marijuana. We can spend the next 4 years lightin up and livin in la-la land... or at least until the Trump pigeon craps on our head
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Munch

I'll have to hand it to him, getting the most despicable human being worse then himself as his vice was brilliant, now nobody would want to off him
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nonsensei

Quote from: pr126 on January 06, 2017, 11:57:20 PM

The media is howling because they didn't get their chosen candidate elected like the last two occasion.

You are told not to visit web sites or read publications that are contrary to the main stream media, the "narrative".
You are told that they are "fake news", presented by kooks, conspirators, liars.

Here is an analogy:
Muslims are taught that all religions except Islam are false and to be destroyed.

Fascinating. Whats the other side of the "make mexico pay for our border wall" argument? Whats the other side of the "I sexually assault women" argument? Whats the other side of the "I appointed an avid creationist who wants to abolish the department of education as head of the department of education" argument? Whats the other side of the "repeal Obamacare ASAP, even though we have nothing ready to replace it with and frankly at this point there is no need for emergency like speed" argument?

You see, a lot of these things are like murder. There might be any number reasons that guy blew his wife's brains out, but whatever they are they can never be justification. The media may be howling because they didn't get their chosen candidate. (Uh by the way I'm pretty sure the media has been cumming in its pants non-stop at the idea of a Trump presidency. Talk about filling their 24 hour news cycle). I'm howling because of the things he is actually doing.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Baruch

Quote from: Dreamer on January 06, 2017, 09:27:08 PM
This is our punishment for not being a nation under God

Dream on ... the US has been heathen from the start, our very religion is heresy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: pr126 on January 06, 2017, 11:57:20 PM

Here is an analogy:

"kooks, conspirators, liars" ... so no listening to candidates or elected officials? ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on January 07, 2017, 02:08:59 AM
a few military phrases come to mind

snafu situation normal all fuk up

clusterfuk...

maybe we should be grateful that the people of california approved recreational marijuana. We can spend the next 4 years lightin up and livin in la-la land... or at least until the Trump pigeon craps on our head

The US war on everything, has been and will remain a failure.  We should be grateful for that, because it is a war against the American people.  And it is the blue-bird of happiness who craps on your birthday cake ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.