Article - Political Correctness: How the Right Invented the Phantom Enemy

Started by Shiranu, January 03, 2017, 01:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Cavebear on January 04, 2017, 11:29:22 PM
Congratulations; too long and disorganized to read...

Taking pride in ignorance is hardly attractive. And it's really not disorganized.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: chill98 on January 04, 2017, 08:31:41 PM
None of that matters.Thing is, the message of the two videos completely went over your head.  These things the 'right' were complaining about have come to fruition.  Its not made up, it is real.  The regressive left (TM) evolved from PC and Liberals (like true scotsmen) have done nothing to correct it. 

And you are a straight up liar when you claim 62 million people voted to be anti-pc. 

So you are going to claim they are an imminent threat, but then say it is irrelevant how many there are or if they even have the most remote of power.

I don't think you understand how threats work.

I got the videos message perfectly well; over exaggerate and then blame everyone for not addressing a problem you created in your own head. What you don't seem to understand is that that is moronic to expect.

And you're right, not everyone voted for him because he was non-PC... a lot of them voted for him because he is a racist, sexist, xenophobic, corporate fuckface.

Personally I would have just been happy with the anti-PC accusation.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Both Right and Left are different flavors of PC ... but the Left gets most of the credit now.  If the Right cracks down on free speech, and implements more of their narrative control ... then we will see more Right PC (like the old "love it or leave it" jingoism).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

chill98

Quote from: Shiranu on January 05, 2017, 04:46:53 AM
So you are going to claim they are an imminent threat, but then say it is irrelevant how many there are or if they even have the most remote of power.
Point was its not a phantom invented by the right; it is real.   

I got the videos message perfectly well; over exaggerate and then blame everyone for not addressing a problem you created in your own head. What you don't seem to understand is that that is moronic to expect.

The threat 'created in your head' is the political correctness message.  The idea I must censor my  speech because someone may be offended is the exaggeration.  The idea that harassment includes what someone else could imagine the meaning to be is the blame game.

And you're right, not everyone voted for him because he was non-PC... a lot of them voted for him because he is a racist, sexist, xenophobic, corporate fuckface.

Personally I would have just been happy with the anti-PC accusation.

Because the above points out how politically correct language helped cost the democrats, not only the white house, but a majority in the house and senate and state legislatures/governorships across the majority of the usa.

In your 'politically correct' thinking, it is not because ObamaCare disproportionately affected the working poor in a negative way, trapping them with an employer sponsored insurance costing them 10% of their income (if single) with a deductible typically in the 6K range (10-13K for family). 

With no relief for those same working poor if they get sick and have to use the 'insurance'.  There is no state/fed help for those people making $24K ($12 per hour for 50 weeks).  $6K is 25% of their gross income plus the 10% premium.  Based on GROSS income of =< 9.69% ($2302 at 24K).  No regard for meeting the other things in life (food, housing, transportation, communication or the pre-existing condition of student loans).  Not based on fed min wage level as an auto-unaffordable marker, nope.. it is based on 'as long as the premium you pay is =< 9.69% of your GROSS pay' your employer shit plan is 'affordable'.

It could not be (in your politically correct mind) that ObamaCare impacted peoples decisions.

In your 'politically correct' thinking, it is not because trade deals have impacted the labor market negatively, plant closings with tax help for companies to move overseas, no tax on the income they make, while me (or you) if we go to europe to work, have to pay an income tax on our earnings.  Corporations are people too, except when it comes to taxes. 

Oh, and that shit plan that your employer offers you as "affordable" is 100% deductible at tax time for the employer.  But your premium isn't.  Nor is your out of pocket cost UNLESS it is 25% of your income AND you pay it off 100% in the year it is generated.  Pay 24% of that deductible ($5760) in that year. Bummer for you.  Affordable in the democrat mindset. $8000 dollars a year.

Couldn't be due to our continued involvement in mid-east countries, after 12 years of hope and change only to find expansion of these wars to install islamic fundamentalist dictatorships without any regard to the impact on the 'minorities' in these various countries, women, children left holding the bag of despair, cloaked in the double-speak of 'bring democracy and freedom from tyrants'.  The gleeful mood of "we came, we saw, he died" hand clapping as shows the world she can man-up.  Finally alive she was!

And I don't have the time to continue the wide ranging reasons your argument is false other than to point out it is 'political correctness' that allows you to avoid dealing with the issues that really impacted why Trump was elected by deflecting into this false narrative and childish name calling:

"yapyapyap yapyapyap yapyap" says the little dog when the mailman arrives.

Baruch

Trump unfortunately is the "face of America" in a few weeks.  Obama won't be the "face of America" anymore, he is done, like others before him.  It wasn't the shade of his skin that bothered me, it was the darkness of his soul.

The divide and conquer technique of the Democrats has backfired on them.  Eventually only the few African-American, Hispanic surnamed, gay transexuals will vote for them, because they will have pissed off every other majority demographic in an effort to draw in minority demographics (rather than the silent majority).  They are the opposite of FDR populism ... their big tent isn't one tent, it is many tents, all played off against each other by the ring master DNC.  If a party wants to survive, it has to craft a workable populism, not an unworkable unpopulism.  The Republicans didn't get it either, Trump did, and he had to do a hostile take over of the RNC to achieve it.  So basically everyone should hate him, because he has shown how worthless both major parties are.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I suppose somewhere there is a 30 or hundred question and answer site that will tell one what "hand" you are and if you are a centrist or a dentist......I just don't feel like I really care to know what I am supposed to be.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Labels both clarify and obfuscate.  We use them to distinguish insiders from outsiders.  Who are your insiders?  What label do you call them politically?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.