News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Modern Reactions to a Real God

Started by Krisyork2008, June 07, 2013, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krisyork2008

We could theoretically use any god as an example, in fact picking one other than the judeo-Christian god would have much more interesting effects. For now we'll use Yahweh, (Jehovah?,) henceforth called god.

In the middle of one of President Obama's speeches to the nation, god just appears on stage. He takes the form of a tall, bearded, older white man, as that is what he knows will be most accepted by these specific people.

He deflects the initial takedown attempts by the secret service, whether they be bullets or other, then announces to the hall that he is, indeed, god.

He does a couple displays of power, doing what he knows is needed to convince people, then summons Jesus to appear and stand beside him. They do more magic stuff, then claim something about a new kingdom of god or some bible mumbo jumbo.

How do people react? What does the government do? God and Jesus stay amongst the people and come and go as they wish, popping up in different places everyday.

This same scenario is replayed in every country on the planet, and god's appearance would change depending on what would suit people the best.

I absolutely love hypothetical situations, so I thought I would bring it here.

So what would happen?
Quote from: \"sweetjesus\"you cant push a dog into a pond and it turn into a fish-- evolution is rong. Why we still got monkeys?"?
Quote from: \"GurrenLagann\"Can\'t handle criticism? Find another species. \":)\"
"The catholic church is not a force for good, and fuck you for saying so." - Matt Dillahunty
"The holy spirit can\'t hold a pen." -Russel Brand

aitm

I bloody well imagine the world would be convinced but, then the shit would get real  interesting as some asshole former atheists would start with the " why the hell didn't you stop the war?" "why did you let the tsunami kill hundreds of thousands?" you know how them damn atheist can be.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Lol I think if a god of any kind showed it's self in a mass gathering of people, half of them would die of heart attacks despite the fact they are in perfect health.

Colanth

Let's see what history says.  Last time god (in the body of Jebus) came among us ...

Oh.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

stromboli

Jesus shows up somewhere about six times a year. He was here recently, remember? He is either in a mental institution or leading a cult somewhere in the boondocks. Real god? Not looking for much different.