Author Topic: Driverless cars and morality  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Baruch

Re: Driverless cars and morality
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 09:30:00 PM »
Ah, but why do you have to drive defensively?  Mass adoption of autonomous cars not only protects others from you, it protects you from others.

Ever see the cops in a high-speed chase through multiple intersections?  Decades from now, that's going to look insanely dangerous and more than a little silly.

Particularly when Emperor Palpatine can just shut off your ignition from your Facebook page.
שלום

Offline aitm

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2018, 09:42:45 PM »
I would say that if you're in a vehicle running on autopilot while you're incapacitated, that can't be a DUI because you're not actually driving.  I mean, you're essentially a passenger, and letting the computer run the car is vastly more responsible than trying to pilot it yourself while three sheets to the wind, yes?

that's my plan....hehe....Ha-Ha  LOLOL  LOLOL    LOLOOLLOL.....HAHAHAHAHA........er......never mind
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2018, 11:14:28 PM »
Ah, but why do you have to drive defensively?  Mass adoption of autonomous cars not only protects others from you, it protects you from others.

Ever see the cops in a high-speed chase through multiple intersections?  Decades from now, that's going to look insanely dangerous and more than a little silly.

I am understanding that driverless cars given a starting and ending point could be good.  Overall I have control concerns, but I would be willing to try one out.  Like from home to the grocery store.  But could it get out of my garage without scraping the sides?  Is there a point where I turn it on and relinquish control.  Can I take over control in weird situations?  I do get into some.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:27:23 AM by Cavebear »
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Baruch

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »
I am understanding that driverless cars given a starting and ending point could be good.  Overall I have control concerns, but I would be willing to try one out.  Like from home to the grocery store.  Vut coyld it get out of my garage without scraping the sides?  Is there a point where I turn it on and relinchiuch control.  Can I take over control in weird situations?  I do get into some.

Tesla Autopilot is like that ... you can choose to control or not.  Like advanced cruise control.  Unfortunately the people in the recent Tesla crash made a poor choice of when to relinquish control.

https://www.wired.com/story/tesla-autopilot-self-driving-crash-california/
שלום

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 03:30:55 AM »
that's my plan....hehe....Ha-Ha  LOLOL  LOLOL    LOLOOLLOL.....HAHAHAHAHA........er......never mind

I could never be charged with DUI?  Not that I have ever been or should have been, but when I get old and stupid, I can't?

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk