Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Best description of eternity ever ....

Started by Baruch, December 29, 2016, 09:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: badger2 on March 01, 2017, 03:30:23 PM
This seamless crystal chromosphere which long outshines the sun,
Will cure me of mortality, my final goal is won.
(Wu Yun, Cantos on Pacing the Void, T'ang Dynasty [pronounced "tarng"])

Not surprisingly, Haegglund's Radical Atheism finds the concept of eternity as well as presence, problematic.

Markova on Time

'No drugoe ponimanie razvitiia nauki, gde potok vremenie perestaet byt' nepreryvnoi i bessperevoinoi, avansy.
But another understanding of the development of science, where the flow of time ceases to be continuous and uninterrupted, advances.'

Togda osozanie vremeni ne dolzhno byt' kak strolka.
Then the comprehension of time must not be an arrow.'
(The Beginning in Science and Humanity)

Time is a problem, and I don't have time right now to explain that ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2017, 03:57:10 PM
One of the wondrous things about thinking about the universe, is the unknown question of if the universe is either infinite, or finite. If it is finite, where does it end, and how can such a thing be explained. And likewise, if it is infinite, how can we wrap our minds around the concept of actual infinity.

Some say Cantor, Boltzman and Goedel went insane thinking about infinity.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: badger2 on March 01, 2017, 04:25:06 PM
Deleuze's Eternal Problem: Difference and Repetition
https://entropymag.org/deleuzes-eternal-problem-difference-and-repetition/

Difference and identity ... identity is a problem, even before we compare two things we claim to be different.

You don't know who you are, unless you know who I am.  Until then you won't know who I am either.  But the Upanishads does deal with this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2017, 06:02:13 PM

Some say Cantor, Boltzman and Goedel went insane thinking about infinity.
Well, did they go insane because they thought about infinity, or did they think about infinity because they were insane?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 01, 2017, 06:05:05 PM
Well, did they go insane because they thought about infinity, or did they think about infinity because they were insane?

Strict mathematical constructivists ... don't believe in infinity.  So they probably sleep well at night.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

doorknob

if I had an eternity I'd spend it doing what I'm doing tonight which is learning as much as I can. I'm slow to catch on to things but once I get there I'm fine.

I don't know if I'd get bored of eternity but there is a whole universe to explore.

badger2

Upanishads, and Deleuze as well: "If you get trapped in the dreams of the Other, you're f***ed." We would roll with Artaud before we did the mathematicians: "My lucid unreason is not afraid of chaos." (Manifesto in Clear Language)

Baruch

Quote from: badger2 on March 01, 2017, 06:29:08 PM
Upanishads, and Deleuze as well: "If you get trapped in the dreams of the Other, you're f***ed." We would roll with Artaud before we did the mathematicians: "My lucid unreason is not afraid of chaos." (Manifesto in Clear Language)

I get it, Artaud = theater.  All the world is a stage, and we are merely bit players.  His title Theater of Cruelty is exactly how I would describe my theology.  Must have been a genius ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

badger2

We suggest that the theologies of eternity be compared with Haegglund's Radical Atheism: Derrida and the Time of Life. If that does'nt mutate one's semiotics of eternity, there are other machines that can and should.

"So many ego-deaths, such little time.'
(Gumby Does the Mississippi)

Baruch

Quote from: badger2 on March 01, 2017, 08:53:15 PM
We suggest that the theologies of eternity be compared with Haegglund's Radical Atheism: Derrida and the Time of Life. If that does'nt mutate one's semiotics of eternity, there are other machines that can and should.

"So many ego-deaths, such little time.'
(Gumby Does the Mississippi)

Pokey was the one with his hoof up Gumby's back.  Just like Mr Ed vs Wilbur.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

badger2

In India, there is a river deity that supposedly rides a porpoise. Freud's Id can be compared to the ide (see www.) of the Udihe (Primorskye Krai, Russian Far East). It is the first fish of spring, as Persephone awakens there.

badger2

Yes, close, very close. The Red-Lipped Asp, or Ide, Leusciscus species, also found in the Syr Darya region. Not exactly Pokey's hoof target, but close. Nostradamus predicts Hitler's name, again close: a German river fish locally known as a 'nase.'

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2017, 03:57:10 PM
One of the wondrous things about thinking about the universe, is the unknown question of if the universe is either infinite, or finite. If it is finite, where does it end, and how can such a thing be explained. And likewise, if it is infinite, how can we wrap our minds around the concept of actual infinity.

Posting just to get that annoying graphic off the screen...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 02, 2017, 12:34:13 AM
Posting just to get that annoying graphic of the screen...

You are grumpy today.  Hope things get better for you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.