Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

fencerider

well; considering that many orcs are supposed to be the bodies of dead people possessed by the evil spirit of the evil dude; yes!!!

so if all fiction is reality somewhere in the multiverse does that mean that if we were able to break out of this dimention we would find a god or two somewhere in the multiverse???
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on January 06, 2017, 01:52:34 AM
well; considering that many orcs are supposed to be the bodies of dead people possessed by the evil spirit of the evil dude; yes!!!

so if all fiction is reality somewhere in the multiverse does that mean that if we were able to break out of this dimention we would find a god or two somewhere in the multiverse???

There is misunderstanding of "multiverse", but it is a useful rhetorical foil ;-)  What happens, according to Feynman, is that there is only one reality, but that reality is made up of the averaging of an infinity (the multiverse) of sub-universes.  We aren't really in one of an infinity of universes, because we don't exist in one of the sub-universes.  If you know what an infinite series is, this isn't hard to understand.  We are interested in the finite sum of the series, but less interested in each of the terms that make up the sum.  In Quantum Field theory, there is a calculation of what is called a propagator, where individual terms are the famous Feynman diagrams.  Propagators are much harder to calculate than the more familiar Taylor series, for calculate cosines for example.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: fencerider on January 06, 2017, 01:52:34 AM
I don't know that anything outside the bounds of logic are possible anywhere in the multiverse. I suppose that different logic could apply elsewhere in the MV than what we have here, but I somehow doubt that. I expect logic, approximately as we understand it, rules everywhere and every-when. But that's just a guess.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 06, 2017, 02:32:27 PM
I don't know that anything outside the bounds of logic are possible anywhere in the multiverse. I suppose that different logic could apply elsewhere in the MV than what we have here, but I somehow doubt that. I expect logic, approximately as we understand it, rules everywhere and every-when. But that's just a guess.

You need to expand you mind, beyond Aristotle or Boole ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraconsistent_logic

Law of Excluded Middle doesn't apply in all cases, not even in most cases.  In most cases we are dealing with complements, not true opposites.  See Fuzzy Logic controlling transportation.  See Multi-value logic controlling computer motherboards/CPU bus architecture.  All of that is illegal according to Aristotle, but yet it works.  Just like simple determinism doesn't work in physics, because most situations are chaotic, not toy systems.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

mv1 baruch is a god
mv29 baruch is a pion
mvnext baruch is just baruch and
mv32 baruch is a god/man

that would be chaos if they all got together ...
"Do you believe in god?", is not a proper English sentence. Unless you believe that, "Do you believe in apple?", is a proper English sentence.

Baruch

Quote from: fencerider on January 07, 2017, 12:35:00 AM
mv1 baruch is a god
mv29 baruch is a pion
mvnext baruch is just baruch and
mv32 baruch is a god/man

that would be chaos if they all got together ...

They are all correct, because as I mentioned immediately above ... they are not mutually exclusive.  You are a demi-god too, we all are.  But like Hephaestus, we are lame.  Blame Hera.  Hephaestus was to Hera what Jesus was to Mary.  But notice in the original Greek, Jesus is called "teknon" ... this has many meanings.  To the orthodox it means "child" and implies Jesus' sonship to G-d and Mary.  But to Gnostics, it means demi-urgos ... aka the Logos of John.  Hephaestus is also a maker.  The classical cultural syncretism in the NT is very deep, and that isn't taught by the clergy.

In fact "I am what I am" ... and that can be taken that I am Popeye, or that I am the god of Moses ... and I am Moses ... as was Jesus and Muhammad.  Desert gods, very dry but very serious.

In early Hinduism, we are both jiva and atman.  Your atman is who you really are, jiva is who you appear to be.  Some have the insight that all the atmans are images of the Brahman.  In later Hinduism, in Krishna worship, as presented in the transfiguration of Krishna before Arjuna ... we are all young Krishna at play with the Gopis.  There is nothing wrong with seeing divinity in babies or children ... or old men.  The nativity is one of the most precious aspects of Christianity.  But Hermes did it first.  He stole the cattle of Apollo, shortly after he was born.  Of course the notion of divinity is a paradox, because divinity brings both life and death, which the secular take for opposites.  Theists understand them as complements.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Feral Atheist

Uh..... the absolute and complete lack of evidence of any god's existence.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Baruch

Quote from: Feral Atheist on January 11, 2017, 08:46:18 PM
Uh..... the absolute and complete lack of evidence of any god's existence.

But notice zombies are real on the Internet ... this post started with a guy who was banned after one post.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

fencerider

I think that if the god of the Bible is real, there are going to be millions of people in hell and he won't have anyone to blame except himself. He is guilty of the crime of not being obvious enough.

It would be beneficial to have science good enough for time-travel. Then we could see for ourselves who actually wrote all of these religious documents. Then after having done that back the clock up a little bit so that we could compare what really happened with what was written. Maybe we would find that what was written was a gross exaggeration of a real event. Maybe all we would find was some guy sitting at a table smokin a cigar with a pad of paper.

I suppose that if we had the science to travel across the universe, we could go looking for gods.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2017, 12:59:21 PM
But notice zombies are real on the Internet ... this post started with a guy who was banned after one post.

there is evidence of zombies. Not movie or comic book zombies, but these kind of zombies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3204140/

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

The circle of life, hakuna mattata ... leaf cutter ants (same as carpenter ants?) are my favorite ant species ... army ants less so!  Leaf cutter ants take the leaves back to the nest, to farm their own fungus, which they use to feed the colony (which of course is matriarchal).  Amazing how complex life can be, for such a small creature.  Social insects are the best (unless you don't like matriarchal communism).  Bumble bees are Republicans ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on January 14, 2017, 05:22:32 AM
there is evidence of zombies. Not movie or comic book zombies, but these kind of zombies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3204140/

I believe "The Last of Us" was based on the idea that this fungus evolves to infect humans.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 14, 2017, 11:49:21 AM
I believe "The Last of Us" was based on the idea that this fungus evolves to infect humans.

And if you try to tell people, they will just think it is Attack Of The Mushroom People (tied with Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes as one of the worst movies of all time).  Nobody will believe you if you tell them that people are replicant pod people either.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

I'll agree with fencerider here.  If a deity exists, there is a fine line between obvious and oblivious.

Any deity could convince me right now easily... 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!