News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hello

Started by Headache, December 28, 2016, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headache

New here and came because of another member.  I believe that everyone has the right to believe in or not, whatever they want.  It's not up to me to determine for them that there is a deity they HAVE to believe in.  If a person is cool, responsible and a respectable person then who gives a damn whether they don't believe in some god or suck the bible into their ear holes each night.

I'm not a fan of organized religion especially after the people in it have spent hundreds of years attempting to wipe out my and others "heathen" cultures.  I'm fairly private about my beliefs and spirituality because they are personal and culture vultures just love to take Injun ceremony and package it into some new age twinkle bunny bullshit they can sell to some poor, gullible, unsuspecting lost soul looking to belong somewhere.

Looks like there's some good conversations going on here.

Unbeliever

Hey! Glad to have you, so let me be the first to say: Welcome!

:bigbye:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.
Everyone is a heathen to others.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Baruch

My Lakota "spirit-warrior" neighbor and I never speak of religion.  We agree that actions speak louder than words.

Welcome anyway ...

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Welcome, welcome.......................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

QuoteLooks like there's some good conversations going on here

aw man...we almost had you.....oh well, welcome anyway...you'll see soon enough.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Welcome.  So far...  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hakurei Reimu

People have the right to believe anything they want, but don't have the right to their own facts or to be taken seriously should they voice those beliefs. Tread carefully, and welcome.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Solomon Zorn

Welcome. Here's hoping you don't live up to your name.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Hydra009

Quote from: Headache on December 28, 2016, 04:38:10 PMNew here and came because of another member.
*looks around the room suspiciously*

QuoteI believe that everyone has the right to believe in or not, whatever they want.  It's not up to me to determine for them that there is a deity they HAVE to believe in.
Basic freedom of belief (people shouldn't be compelled to accept some dogma).  Good.

QuoteIf a person is cool, responsible and a respectable person then who gives a damn whether they don't believe in some god or suck the bible into their ear holes each night.
Ehh...I can think of quite a few situations where someone's religious beliefs could become relevant.

If religious beliefs were 100% private beliefs, then there would be no problem.  It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.  Unfortunately, these private beliefs have a habit of affecting public policy and how people are treated.  Case in point, the relatively recent resolution of the decades-long push for gay marriage, an issue closely entwined with some people's religious beliefs.

QuoteI'm not a fan of organized religion especially after the people in it have spent hundreds of years attempting to wipe out my and others "heathen" cultures.  I'm fairly private about my beliefs and spirituality because they are personal and culture vultures just love to take Injun ceremony and package it into some new age twinkle bunny bullshit they can sell to some poor, gullible, unsuspecting lost soul looking to belong somewhere.
So I take it your religious affiliation is some form of Native American religion?  (a broad and varied category)

QuoteLooks like there's some good conversations going on here.
Eh, it's actually kinda slow right now.  We rely heavy on newbies to stoke the fires.

Baruch

"We rely heavy on newbies to stoke the fires." - that sounds rather inflammatory ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.