News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

why does the usa hate fidel

Started by Jannabear, December 28, 2016, 06:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

Correct me if I'm wrong, but: You ask why they dislike him. Yet when they give their reason, your counterreasoning seems to be; "you have no valid ground to dislike him because America is worse". 
I see a lot of Americans on this site who are capable of questioning the status quo in America and thinking sceptically about their own country. Disliking Castro or another form of government does not mean they accept their own country or government as perfect. It's possible to be dismayed about both. And it's even possible to be dismayed about aspects of both.

The world isn't so black and white. Look close enough and you'll find shit on everything.
And always remember; there's enough hate for everyone to share in this world.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jannabear on December 28, 2016, 09:50:13 AM
corporate oligarchy, dictator trying to fight imperialism
I'm not for a dictatorship of any kind, I'm a libsoc
but come on
there's a clear choice here of which is preferable.
If things were that simplistic we wouldn't even be discussing it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 28, 2016, 11:21:52 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but: You ask why they dislike him. Yet when they give their reason, your counterreasoning seems to be; "you have no valid ground to dislike him because America is worse".
Pretty much.  And obviously, a turd doesn't get any more pleasant after one compares it to another turd.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 28, 2016, 12:05:53 PM
Pretty much.  And obviously, a turd doesn't get any more pleasant after one compares it to another turd.
That doesn't make Fidel better by any stretch of the imagination.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 28, 2016, 07:29:12 AM
Clarify for me as to why not trading with a country causes that country suffering?

Name any country that doesn't treat its own people like shit?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 28, 2016, 08:46:15 AM
I guess we should have traded with a country that was inimical to our body politic? Japan in 1941, perhaps, or Nazi Germany?

IBM and GM did ... both before and during WW II ... they were multi-national corporations way back then.  IBM provided the tabulating equipment to round up the Jews in Germany.  Like Schindler's List, but without any mercy.  And the company Brown-Harriman (and Prentice Bush) were in the middle of German business and politics.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 12:34:49 PM
Name any country that doesn't treat its own people like shit?
Lilliput.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 12:38:10 PM
IBM and GM did ... both before and during WW II ... they were multi-national corporations way back then.  IBM provided the tabulating equipment to round up the Jews in Germany.  Like Schindler's List, but without any mercy.  And the company Brown-Harriman (and Prentice Bush) were in the middle of German business and politics.
The US and German companies split up, so the US companies were not doing business with the Nazis.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 28, 2016, 09:00:25 AM
I don't think he was universally hated or loved, of course. People referred to Joseph Dzugashvili as "The Great Stalin" and appealed to him to "correct the mistake" that sent their family members to the gulags, when he himself signed the orders. Controlling the media had a lot to do with that.

The Nazi card is now replaced with the Stalin card (how long until someone compares X to Hitler/Stalin).  Everyone is Hitler/Stalin (even if you only got a parking ticket) ... kill you all ;-(  George Washington was a traitor, Abraham Lincoln was a war monger (but not a slaver ... wooo was worried for a moment).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Jannabear on December 28, 2016, 09:50:13 AM
corporate oligarchy, dictator trying to fight imperialism
I'm not for a dictatorship of any kind, I'm a libsoc
but come on
there's a clear choice here of which is preferable.

All true Americans want a D-R stick up their heinee ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 12:40:47 PM
The Nazi card is now replaced with the Cheka card.  Everyone is Hitler/Stalin (even if you only got a parking ticket) ... kill you all ;-(  George Washington was a traitor, Abraham Lincoln was a war monger (but not a slaver ... wooo was worried for a moment).
♫"We represent the Lollipop Guild..."♫
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 28, 2016, 12:39:02 PM
The US and German companies split up, so the US companies were not doing business with the Nazis.

Ah, Christianity then ... the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing ... really, such fantasy.

That is why, Apple can keep billions of profits outside the US ... because it is a US company, only when they feel like it ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 12:43:46 PM
But, you open your coddled egg at the wrong end!
I've always been a Bigendian, unless they're out of power, in which case I'm a Littleendian.
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 12:44:35 PM
Ah, Christianity then ... the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing ... really, such fantasy.

That is why, Apple can keep billions of profits outside the US ... because it is a US company, only when they feel like it ;-)
Lovely to be able to believe what you want to believe is believable.
PZ Myers