News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

the american delusion

Started by Jannabear, December 28, 2016, 01:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

I remember reading--or looking at, actually--Soviet Life in my college library.  Went to Chico State in CA.  But I also remember being much more interested in the Berkeley Barb.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 01, 2017, 06:05:30 PM
I remember reading--or looking at, actually--Soviet Life in my college library.  Went to Chico State in CA.  But I also remember being much more interested in the Berkeley Barb.

Degrees of separation!  I visited Chico State in 1975 ... bought some used books at the college book store ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Dear Diary,                                   03.01.2017

A few subjects in a tiny sample of American people of somewhat secular group finally arrived to a point to talk randomly about the general international policies of their country more or less, with a different manner than observed before. (There is still the usage of certain symbols of 'evil' that is actually reduced to caricaturistic monsters which doesn't make any sense any more to anyone, but considering the sensational, show business communication need of the culture, this should be recorded as a positive step forward, nonetheless.)

As the process of transformation of American Identity continues to develop, the traditional core is collapsing gradually while the shell resists, it seems roughly to follow the psychological steps of accaptance of the death of a loved one, not as progressive seperate phases, but more like a maze in a bridge tunnel constantly turning between two opposite stations.

Denial: Considering that roughly five years ago this subject would fall as an empty thread or would draw a few angry bitter-snarky on liners from ex-military personnel, senior members, or youngsters it should be defined as a success that the phase of denial seems at best part started to reach an end for the most. It's still concrete and cemented for certain events tied to constructed historical mile stones.

Anger: While this phase is often lived through along with the first one, back and forth, the individual and cultural auto-censorship is very successful on repressing any emotional expression, sometimes to a point of stripping the individual from any simple humaine reactions. This is to be excepted in this specific sphere as the majority of the group is conditioned to see it as a sign of lack of intelligence.

Bargainning: This is the current step which the majority lives through and the individuals seem to develop their defense mechanism to 'recent events' on the issue of the international policies and politics of the country which might have or might not have lead to domestic catasrophie the country and the general mess the world is in. This can go for a life time along with denial.

Depression: Interestingly enough, while this phase is the natural gate way to acceptance, it is also the short cut back to denial and even apathy, because the affected population overall is not able to care or support a trait of unity, therefore not able to trigger a healthy social explosion, also as a result of many factors from geographical size to sub cultural auto-supression, the fear of an absolute power of a tyrannical state. (This phase usually ends in the mind with the realisation of the fact that the difference between a 'fascistic state' and a 'democratic state' is not determined by power of buying 'nice things' or constantly talking about how much of civil rights and freedom of speech and democracy one society has. But in this case the practical experience of these issues could lead the individual to certain stigmatised groups in daily life and that seemed to prove another dead end of an unhealthy social explosion, wrong sense of unity.)

Acceptance: There are very few individuals observed to reach this phase without demonising their own people, making excuses in expense of mass annihilation of human life or making anaologies with Nazi Germany. Contrary to the common belief the group is very diverse and being a nonbeliver is not the required trait, nor the intelligence attributed to the position by the most nonbelievers. The individuals in this group are stuck between two equally hostile and dumb groups of people named as sjw and anti-sjw and there is practically no space for them to exist, let alone unite and stand up to anything.

Conclusion: In a nutshell, despite all the frustration and depression of what is to come, a certain level of progress have been accomplished, which unfortunately, will emphasis the gap between the fake built identity; the propaganda it maintains and The Reality more and more in years to come in the target group. There is alwats risk of radicalisation at both sides, but as the society has a very powerful self-denial mechanism on domestic terrorism, and sense of real life attributed to social media platforms, none of the current issues will surface without any fatal impact to economy.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

You always have so much to say.  I will read in more detail later.  But the final step of grief, isn't acceptance, it is death.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

We aren't dead yet...  LOL!

I recall when Japan had us beat.  Then Germany.  Now China.  Step right up, take your shot at the US.  Buy companies and properties.  Spend your money here to return it to us.  When your bubble collapses, we will still be here.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on January 03, 2017, 07:06:19 AM
You always have so much to say.  I will read in more detail later.  But the final step of grief, isn't acceptance, it is death.

I've seen those steps a couple of times, and once someone even articulated them to me in person.  Supposedly, they universally apply in all situations of loss and grief, but when I compared my own situations to the list, I came to the conclusion that they could not be universally true.  Beyond that, I couldn't even guess if the steps are 5% true or 95% true.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on January 05, 2017, 08:19:34 AM
I've seen those steps a couple of times, and once someone even articulated them to me in person.  Supposedly, they universally apply in all situations of loss and grief, but when I compared my own situations to the list, I came to the conclusion that they could not be universally true.  Beyond that, I couldn't even guess if the steps are 5% true or 95% true.

Even for the intelligent, it is memes all the way down!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on January 05, 2017, 08:19:34 AM
From my understanding, the lists of the steps of grief say that these are the most common or usual steps.  They may last 2 min. or two years each.  Or you may skip one or two.  These are simply signs to look for or be aware of so that you don't get caught unaware of what is happening to you emotionally.  I see them as useful in that grief is not really a rational response; it is emotional.  And at times, the raw emotion of my grief was difficult to endure or understand.  Those steps were a way for me to cope or at least understand that I was not crazy--just grief stricken. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 05, 2017, 05:08:23 PM
From my understanding, the lists of the steps of grief say that these are the most common or usual steps.  They may last 2 min. or two years each.  Or you may skip one or two.  These are simply signs to look for or be aware of so that you don't get caught unaware of what is happening to you emotionally.  I see them as useful in that grief is not really a rational response; it is emotional.  And at times, the raw emotion of my grief was difficult to endure or understand.  Those steps were a way for me to cope or at least understand that I was not crazy--just grief stricken. 

I think that would be correct.  It's just not how it was presented to me.