News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Carrie Fisher dead at 60

Started by GrinningYMIR, December 27, 2016, 01:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Well, she had to die at some point. We all do.

SGOS

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 29, 2016, 06:15:18 AM
This is getting spooky.

Some old people hold on, until the next birthday or holiday, and they expire.  I suspect that is what happened to Debbie Reynolds.  Happens to elderly couples all the time, when one partner expires.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

Steve Martin calls her beautiful and witty and SJW's call him sexist and end up causing such an uproar he deletes the tweet

Cinnabon makes a Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia cinnamon roll as tribute and SJW's call it appalling and offensive and Cinnabon gets rid of the pictures

Fans call her stunning and amazing and SJW's say that they're sexist and objectifying due to her bikini back in episode 6

why didn't SJW die in 2016 instead of all our actors
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

QuoteSteve Martin calls her beautiful and witty and SJW's call him sexist and end up causing such an uproar he deletes the tweet

After reading the tweet... that's not exactly what he said. That said I don't think he said anything too far... better phrasing may have been appropriate though. Though she herself was sick of being recognized for her sexiness... which again goes back to phrasing. "She was the most beautiful creature to grace the earth... and she also turned out to be pretty smart too!".

8.5/10 - People overreacting. Poor phrasing and unconsciously kinda sexiest but uproar? Meh.

QuoteCinnabon makes a Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia cinnamon roll as tribute and SJW's call it appalling and offensive and Cinnabon gets rid of the pictures

No. Fuck that one. The tweet was in poor taste for a corporation to use (especially since they are trying to exploit the death of someone to make more money).

0/10 - I don't give a shit if SJW like or hate this one... just fuck corporations that think situations like this are just a great marketing ploy to get more people to buy their shit.

QuoteFans call her stunning and amazing and SJW's say that they're sexist and objectifying due to her bikini back in episode 6

Eh... she herself was sick of that shit... so it's a bit two-faced to "defend" her about something she herself didn't like.

All in all... a big meh. No one's rights were infringed and nothing was particularly nasty from either side (besides Cinabon who can go fuck themselves). Both sides blowing shit out of proportions... yet again.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

Cinnabon doesn't bother me at all. If someone made a Cinnabon roll that looked like me I'd be flattered, I know I'm not Carrie fisher or a famous celebrity but still. They don't even get the befit of the doubt, since they're a corporation there's no chance they did it just as a "hey someone we all liked and respected died so here's a little tribute from us since this is our depcislott. No it's automatically them trying to milk someone for dying.

Steve Martin didn't mess his tweet up that's people reading too far into it once again and looking for a fight. I have no feels right for the other side in this one, he didn't deserve the flak he got. If Cinnabon did and despite my comment I think they could have ag messy waited a bit, then Steve Martin was was tamer than that.

I've grown to hate SJWS, they hate me, and I've grown far too tired of trying to bend myself to their will.

As somsome who has way too much experience with the SJW crowd. I'm sick of it. I'm a feminist and anti racist, but SJW pushes it to the point of thought police on the other side of the spectrum, and their defenders will inevitably deny and throw the usual flak if someone claims this. Thought police do as thought police will.

The passing of a person we liked should be met with nourning and people reflecting on the deceased, maybe some of the stuff was too soon. But only 2016 would make her death into a goddamn social war
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Baruch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 30, 2016, 01:25:42 AM
Steve Martin calls her beautiful and witty and SJW's call him sexist and end up causing such an uproar he deletes the tweet

Cinnabon makes a Carrie Fisher/Princess Leia cinnamon roll as tribute and SJW's call it appalling and offensive and Cinnabon gets rid of the pictures

Fans call her stunning and amazing and SJW's say that they're sexist and objectifying due to her bikini back in episode 6

why didn't SJW die in 2016 instead of all our actors

Some people have nothing to contribute other than being a pain in the ass .. but I don't want to be left out of the fun ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

QuoteI've grown to hate SJWS, they hate me, and I've grown far too tired of trying to bend myself to their will.

By most people's standards here I am apparently a SJW... never felt any reason to hate you or tell you what you can or cant say.

Realise when I defend SJWs... I am mostly defending myself and people like me who are instantly labeled an SJW (despite condemning the people who take it too far). I only do that because I get a bit sick and tired of people running my name through the mud to instantly dismiss what I have to say because it's a similar position to someone who takes it too far. Like calling all Capitalists "money loving psychopaths who want to exploit the poor" or all feminists "femi-nazi's who want to cut off our dicks!".

I also agree with you on Martin's message in that it was lesser than Cina and really... who gives a shit? I think it was worded poorly and you don't; so what? There are far more important sexist issues to address.

But I just cant agree on the Cina.. Making innuendos about someone's appearance who was sick of being a sex symbol is in poor taste. And again... that has nothing to do with being a "SJW"... I just think corporations need to give a classy condolence instead of turning it into an advertising blitz to capitalize on a celebrity dying to sell more shit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FaithIsFilth

Beautiful is not the same as sexy. He was talking about her face, not her tits and ass, and I have a hard time believing she would have had an issue with the tweet, unless she was a fundamental Muslim or something. I think SJWs just don't like the word creature, maybe because the term is most often used for non-human animals. I don't know. That's just my best guess.

Cinnabon are cunts for trying to make money off of a death though.

Baruch

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on December 30, 2016, 03:29:28 PM
Beautiful is not the same as sexy. He was talking about her face, not her tits and ass, and I have a hard time believing she would have had an issue with the tweet, unless she was a fundamental Muslim or something. I think SJWs just don't like the word creature, maybe because the term is most often used for non-human animals. I don't know. That's just my best guess.

Cinnabon are cunts for trying to make money off of a death though.

According to SJWs, everyone is a cunt, except SJWs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

SJWs are a pain in the ass.  OMG, I said "ass".  I must be making some sexist remark!  Woe, oh woe is me...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!