News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Carrie Fisher dead at 60

Started by GrinningYMIR, December 27, 2016, 01:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/iconic-star-wars-actress-carrie-174459671.html

Truly the passing of an icon, I knew it was bad this week when I heard but I was hoping she would recover, 2016 has claimed another of my favorite celebrities.
May the force be with you Princess Leia
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

And now princess leia :(

Sigh. Is this year just trying to claim a beloved actor/musician a day now.

At least it wasn't so sudden, but I'm certain she wasn't aware. Just sorry for her family :(
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Carrie Fisher was awesome.

Fuck you, 2016.

Gawdzilla Sama

She used to complain about popping out of that slave girl rig so much. Nobody listened.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllRight

I don't usually get emotional over celebrity deaths, but looking at old photos of her online it just struck me. A New Hope was one of the few movies my Dad took us to see as kids :-( Goodbye beautiful Princess <3

PickelledEggs

Why can't 2016 claim a victim like Robert Pattinson or something?

Edit: I mean Pat Robertson....

PickelledEggs

The writer of Watership Down also just died. 2016 really does suck

PopeyesPappy

I saw Star Wars at the theater in 77 with my brother and sister. Friday night the 3 of us were at the theater watching Rouge 1 when she had her heart attack. It was the first thing I heard about when I got home. So sad.

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 27, 2016, 08:38:27 PM
The writer of Watership Down also just died. 2016 really does suck

Astrophysicist Vera Rubin too. It really has been a sucky year as far as deaths go.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Blackleaf

This year only had five days left, and it just couldn't give it a rest, could it? Fuck 2016.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SGOS

I never followed her career or knew anything about her.  After princess Leia, she kind of dropped off my radar.  The next time I was aware of her was when she made brief appearances in the first Blues Brothers Movie, as the jilted lover trying to blow up the Blues Brothers.  Then she disappeared from my radar for good until yesterday.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on December 28, 2016, 10:09:29 AM
I never followed her career or knew anything about her.  After princess Leah, she kind of dropped off my radar.  The next time I was aware of her was when she made brief appearances in the first Blues Brothers Movie, as the jilted lover trying to blow up the Blues Brothers.  Then she disappeared from my radar for good until yesterday.
She's been in a bunch of stuff, but I haven't seen the vast majority of it.  And in the stuff she's been in, I didn't know it was her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMjF484LlY

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 28, 2016, 10:43:14 AM
She's been in a bunch of stuff, but I haven't seen the vast majority of it.  And in the stuff she's been in, I didn't know it was her.

Yeah, I suspect.  I didn't know it was her in the Blues Brothers either, until I read something that made a big deal about her cameo scenes, and then I didn't really know who she was.  I was familiar with Princess Leia, of course, but never bothered to know who played her.  Although the name Carrie Fisher sounded familiar.

Atheon

2016 has been hard on Star Wars actors. These five (that I know of) joined the Force in 2016:

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) ("Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.")
Kenny Baker (R2D2) ("Beep beep boop boop")
Erik Bauersfeld (Admiral Ackbar) ("It's a trap!")
Drewe Henley (Red Leader) ("Almost there...")
Peter Sumner (Lieut. Pol Treidum) ("TK421, why aren't you at your post?")
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

GrinningYMIR

Debbie Reynolds, her mom, just died
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

2016 has become very, very tedious!!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?