Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

one of the many sience mirical in quran

Started by islamea, December 27, 2016, 07:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Oh joy. Another one of these people.

Equal opportunity butt-stabber.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 27, 2016, 07:34:13 PM
Any bets on drive by or not?

My question is one a Muslim could answer, if they knew what they were talking about.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 07:34:26 PM
My question is one a Muslim could answer, if they knew what they were talking about.
As I see it, if any religious (pick any religion) person fully understood and answered your question fully, they would cease to be religious.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 28, 2016, 08:24:55 PM
As I see it, if any religious (pick any religion) person fully understood and answered your question fully, they would cease to be religious.

Yes, the story of Job, present in all three Abrahamic religious families (more than just religions) ... is an interesting challenge to its very integrity.  Without meeting that challenge, both abstractly, and in real life ... one simply is a novice.  Polytheism doesn't impose overly moral deities on the human imagination ... and are thus both less idealized, but also more reasonable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 28, 2016, 10:22:16 PM
Polytheism doesn't impose overly moral deities on the human imagination ... and are thus both less idealized, but also more reasonable.
Why must we have god or gods?  They are all clearly fiction and that means that polytheism is not any more reasonable than any number of god/s.  Theism and reason just do not exist together.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sorginak

The resting place of the sun is from east to west (the sun goes to its resting place in the west), that is what the Q is talking about.  Not that it will expire.  Learn something.

SGOS

The sun is traveling on a journey through the universe.  It travels in a straight line.  Yesterday it passed by our solar system.  Tomorrow, another sun will travel by, and so on and so on.  Some suns are farther apart than others.  This is why some nights seem longer than others.  Sometimes a sun crashes into the Earth (it's final resting place).  When this happens, it forms a volcano.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 28, 2016, 11:14:49 PM
Why must we have god or gods?  They are all clearly fiction and that means that polytheism is not any more reasonable than any number of god/s.  Theism and reason just do not exist together.

I empirically observe people, I am descriptive.   Politics is prescriptive, and I oppose prescription (and proscription).  I feel no threat from fiction, though it is very powerful among humans.  Reading non-fiction is fine, but dull ... I do both.  Your problem and for other regular posters isn't religion, it is politics, and that people don't match your ... your imaginary view of them (how they ought to be).  Tomorrowland fail.  Fiction in the mirror if you look.  That you are not a Star Wars fan, is a tell ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sorginak on December 28, 2016, 11:16:35 PM
The resting place of the sun is from east to west (the sun goes to its resting place in the west), that is what the Q is talking about.  Not that it will expire.  Learn something.

Perhaps the OP (Q) is referencing Egyptian myth of Re (the Sun dies each night, and travels thru the underworld W to E).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

baronvonrort

Quote from: islamea on December 27, 2016, 07:57:07 AM
THE SUN WILL EVENTUALLY EXPIRE
And the Sun runs to its resting place.

The Quran does not contain the words (as if) in the Arabic version of this verse.

If the Quran is from your allah does this verse make him look stupid?
www.quran.com/18:86

Hakurei Reimu

THE SUN WILL EVENTUALLY EXPIRE
And the Sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. (Surah Ya Sin, 38)
Let's assume for a moment that the quran actually says that.

Logic dictates that either the sun will eventually expire, or its expiration is not eventual. Those are two mutually exclusive and exhaustive possibilities. Without any background knowledge whatsoever, there's a fifty-fifty chance that you will pick the correct of the two possibilities. Further, if you know anything about energy conservation and all that rot, you know that, because the sun radiates energy and no obvious or proposed way to replenish it, the sun will eventually run out of energy to radiate, and thus expire. You get no points for predicting the obvious.

The Sun has been emitting heat for around 5 billion years as a result of the constant chemical reactions taking place on its surface.
The source of energy for the sun comes from nuclear reactions, not chemical. Further, those reactions take place at the core, not the surface.

At a moment determined by Allah in the future, these reactions will eventually come to an end, and the Sun will lose all its energy and finally go out. In that context, the above verse may be a reference to the Sun's energy one day coming to an end. (Allah knows the truth.)
As stated before, this is obvious to anyone with any basic understanding of physics. You don't need a holy book to tell you that. So Allah's knowledge is on the same level of a high school student, if that. If he had guessed blindly, he has a 50-50 chance of getting any given fact correctly.

No, the important knowledge is not IF the sun will go out, but rather HOW LONG the sun has before it goes out, and Allah doesn't tell you that, does he? But we have a reasonably correct answer, culled from watching other clusters of stars at various ages, and calculations from nuclear physics. The sun has about 5 billion more years shining as a main sequence star. After this time, it will evolve into a red giant for a few million years before sloughing off its outer layers and becomes a white dwarf, whereupon all significant radiation ceases and the sun will be effectively dead.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Cavebear

Quote from: islamea on December 27, 2016, 08:43:21 AM
i m wrting an information about my relegion .... are you horrified ... yes you are because you know that islam is the relegion of true
( وَاÙ,,Ø´ÙŽÙ'Ù...Ù'سُ تَجÙ'رِي Ù,,ِÙ...ُسÙ'تَÙ,َرٍÙ' Ù,,َهَا )
in surah of yassin 38 or /40-38/ (38) And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.
hey... speak respectly why that world " rudeness

i m seif from algeria i m muslim

I declare that the Sun will one day run out out of hydrogen, helium, and derived elements some day.  Therefore, I must be a deity.  Worship ME with chocolates, money, and Good TV Shows!  Despair if not provided!!!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on January 01, 2017, 07:19:40 AM
I declare that the Sun will one day run out out of hydrogen, helium, and derived elements some day.  Therefore, I must be a deity.  Worship ME with chocolates, money, and Good TV Shows!  Despair if not provided!!!

All humans are demi-gods, busy worshipping themselves ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason78

It's refreshing to see muslim woo woo in here rather than the usual christian kind.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

trdsf

In that context, the above verse may be a reference to the Sun's energy one day coming to an end.
And Jonathan Swift predicted that Mars had two moons and correctly gave their orbital distances and periods within an order of magnitude 150 years before they were actually discovered.  So by the standard you have just set up, that means all of Gulliver's Travels is absolutely true.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan