News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy Holidays

Started by SGOS, December 25, 2016, 05:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

So ... you are a warmonger like McCain, only funnier? (sarc)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: widdershins on February 22, 2017, 02:43:03 PM
If it weren't for Faux News I wouldn't even know I was at war with Xmass...

Just got "Faux News"  Sorry.  LOL!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on February 20, 2017, 11:33:47 AM
I'm more color mixup than blind.  For me shades of red or green can look brown, or brown can look blue or red or green.  Apparently I almost flunked coloring in the 2nd grade according to my mother. :)  So, I chuckle when my wife asks what color would go with another color. 

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my soil, so yesterday, I thought well, I can figure out the PH for nothing, so I boiled some red cabbage, and poured the juice on a soil sample.  It turned from purple to blue green, or something between purple and purple green, but kind of brownish.  I thought for sure it had to be acid, but the chemistry indicates the soil is alkaline.

I emailed Drew_2017, and told him I thought I would have acidic soil, but it's alkaline, but Drew said, "It's more logical to believe it's acidic, because grass will grow better if it's slightly acidic.

But how alkaline?  I feel like identifying blue green is the outer limits of my ability.  When the purple turns pink, I can see that just fine, but I'm on the other side of the scale.  Finally, I ordered a kit from Amazon, for some lab in Spokane Washington.  You send in samples, and they do a chemical analysis and email the results, with actual numbers you can calculate from.  Plus they test for other nutrients as well.  Cost: $24

But as Drew points out, the trouble with scientific labs is that if you don't like the lab results, they won't change them for you.  It's better to just believe what you want.

Does anyone need any cabbage juice?  I've got some left over, although it's starting to get a funny smell.

Baruch

Doesn't the soil conservation department of the Agriculture Department ... do soil analysis for free?  Or have we privatized that too?  Soil is pretty complicated, but if you garden you will have to get your hands dirty ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Doesn't the soil conservation department of the Agriculture Department ... do soil analysis for free?  Or have we privatized that too?  Soil is pretty complicated, but if you garden you will have to get your hands dirty ;-))

The County Agricultural Agent sends the samples to a lab, usually a private lab.  I'm sure you pay, but it might vary state to state.  In Montana, I moonlighted doing Sanitary Reviews on proposed subdivisions and land sales (commonly know as the perc tests, but there's more to subdividing than just perc tests).  Part of the review required water samples to test for coliform bacteria.  Larger subdivisions required a chemical analysis which was in the $100 range.  These were not done by the state.  They were sent to private labs, but the information went to the state.  I haven't been in that business for 25 years, now, so my discussion might be out of date.  Requirements change all the time.  And things are getting more and more privatized.

Sanitary Reviews were once a service provided by the county, but they quit doing it and I started doing it as it became privatized.  My friend who was the County Sanitarian, got me started in the business when the county quit doing it.

Baruch

So, when the county stopped doing things, you stopped paying county taxes?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on February 23, 2017, 07:20:09 AM
So, when the county stopped doing things, you stopped paying county taxes?
Well, in that particular situation, I jumped into make money on the service vacuum.  And of course, I paid taxes on it.  A win-win all around.  The county provides less service and saves money, and I paid the county more taxes, plus I got to keep some of the money I made.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on February 23, 2017, 09:37:09 AM
Well, in that particular situation, I jumped into make money on the service vacuum.  And of course, I paid taxes on it.  A win-win all around.  The county provides less service and saves money, and I paid the county more taxes, plus I got to keep some of the money I made.

Not criticizing.  But then ... you are a part of the problem, like Walmart shoppers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

widdershins

Quote from: Cavebear on February 23, 2017, 04:12:35 AM
Just got "Faux News"  Sorry.  LOL!
To be perfectly honest, it isn't mine, but I loved it so I claimed it for my own.
This sentence is a lie...

widdershins

Quote from: Baruch on February 22, 2017, 07:26:45 PM
So ... you are a warmonger like McCain, only funnier? (sarc)
Hey, this war is going to happen whether I want it or not, apparently.  I don't remember ever wanting it in past years, but I still warred with Xmas (I'm getting better) just the same...though, I don't really remember ever doing it.  But hey, O'Reilly said I did and that dude is a straight shooter, as fair and balanced as they come.  It's not like he's just some loud mouthed jackass who routinely orders the mic be cut on anyone who dares disagree with is crusty old prick ass.
This sentence is a lie...

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

I always loved Christmas; The family, the meals, the Christmas Tree, and the presents, brought a happiness to the house that was special.  So I was quite surprised to find out that all along I had unwittingly been a part of a broad conspiracy to declare war on Christmas.

Some business signs read, Merry Xmas.  I never realized the point was to "X" out Christ.  I thought it was shorter and designed to appeal to all faiths of the world, of which Christianity is but a minority.  But no, there is apparently a well coordinated war, because it's more than just the signs.  Yes, I'm sure it's more than that, but I can't remember why else there's a war.

SGOS

Now that I think about it, I don't think there's a war at all.  I think it's propaganda cooked up ministers in churches, and swallowed whole by the faithful.  A basic trait common to every Christian that ever lived in the universe is the desire to work themselves into a snit.  They love to hear blasphemy so they can wrap themselves in a mantel of self righteous indignation.  They love the pain and sacrifice a persecuted minority must bear for their faith.  They're happy for any of this that falls their way, but their appetites are insatiable.  If additional obstacles to test their faith are not thrown in their faces, they have to manufacture some fake stuff.  And that's why normal people get so perplexed over all the hatred Christians spew during the Holiday Season.

Unbeliever

Quote from: SGOS on February 24, 2017, 05:42:08 AM
Now that I think about it, I don't think there's a war at all.  I think it's propaganda cooked up ministers in churches, and swallowed whole by the faithful.  A basic trait common to every Christian that ever lived in the universe is the desire to work themselves into a snit.  They love to hear blasphemy so they can wrap themselves in a mantel of self righteous indignation.  They love the pain and sacrifice a persecuted minority must bear for their faith.  They're happy for any of this that falls their way, but their appetites are insatiable.  If additional obstacles to test their faith are not thrown in their faces, they have to manufacture some fake stuff.  And that's why normal people get so perplexed over all the hatred Christians spew during the Holiday Season.

Are you channeling Robert Ingersoll? You really have his way with words!

I reckon Christians aren't really happy unless they can feel persecuted, since Jesus told them so:

Matthew 5:10-12
QuoteBlessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

So if they're not being persecuted, they'll just make up shit so they can "rejoice and be exceeding glad."
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mike Cl

Quote from: widdershins on February 23, 2017, 05:11:52 PM
To be perfectly honest, it isn't mine, but I loved it so I claimed it for my own.
Several years ago I began calling it Faux News to bug one of my co-workers.  I've never stopped using it.  :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?