Trump's Inauguration Ball; The list of performers and the backlash

Started by drunkenshoe, December 25, 2016, 04:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

I can feel all that love you are putting out ... hippie ;-)

Other countries feel the same about us, and not without justification ... particularly with Democrat Presidents (see Vietnam ... and Libya).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Atheon

Quote from: Baruch on January 06, 2017, 06:52:54 AM
I can feel all that love you are putting out
Just returning the love that he shows to the American people.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

it is actually a nice melody.  I used to play a video game, Navy operations in N Atlantic, Nato vs Soviet Union.  When playing the Soviet Union, and I scored a good hit, it would play the start of this anthem.  My proudest Soviet moment was when I took out a US aircraft carrier task force, trying to take back Iceland.  Back then (mid 80s) you really should have been watching the Backfire bombers, Nato fans.  AWACS are an unfair advantage, you have to take them out by taking out their home air bases (Alexander naval strategy), with long range cruise missiles dropped by stand off Backfire bombers.  Nato shipping didn't have anything to fear from any Soviet force, as long as the Nato guys had an AWACS in the air.  Without an AWACS, and the benefit of surprise however, Nato shipping was just another target (that and keep the Soviet surface fleet out of harms way until the tide had turned, so that Nato had no target for their cruise missiles, until it was too late.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

The Soviet anthem is nice, but it  no "Le Marsillies". No anthem with more grandeur in the world.

Of course the French sing that the powerful, corrupt and unjust will have their blood water the fields and even if the last Frenchman dies the earth herself will rise up against them... So maybe Trump should skip on that one.

Maybe just stick with that lame diddily about how we were getting our asses kicked but we survived... thanks to France being completely and utterly more relevant than our temper tantrum...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Atheon

The modern Russians still have the same anthem as the Soviets; they just changed the words.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Baruch

Quote from: Atheon on January 07, 2017, 01:49:35 AM
The modern Russians still have the same anthem as the Soviets; they just changed the words.

If so, then do you agree, that is evidence we need to nuke them before they fluoridate all our water?  And that official report on how Putin benefited from Trump's election, and therefore did all they could to discredit Hillary ... as if Hillary et al weren't able to discredit themselves with their own psychotic behavior.  Maybe that was part of Putin's dastardly plot ... he fluoridated Hillary's drinks?

Marsaillaise?  Oui!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-E2H1ChJM

Early problems with EU
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.