News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are we doomed?

Started by reasonist, December 23, 2016, 08:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: reasonist on December 23, 2016, 07:02:06 PM
Unstable for sure. I could never understand that 'us vs. them' mentality. The East vs. West, White vs. Black, Muslims vs. Christians a.s.o. We will be extinct like 99% of all species before us, but will it be of our own making? Because of stupid labeling and focusing what separates us instead what unites us, we are in real danger of ending our existence way before nature would end it anyway. The ignorance about Global warming within the new administration and the renewed arms race won't improve our odds either. It's like a slow motion auto destruct movie right in front of our eyes.
I am not a doomsday sayer but reading and watching the news makes me feel very uneasy about our future.
This--I am not a doomsday sayer but reading and watching the news makes me feel very uneasy about our future.

I have stopped watching the news, except for sports.  The daily news is such a downer that I simply prefer to go ostrich right now.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 24, 2016, 10:22:10 AM
This--I am not a doomsday sayer but reading and watching the news makes me feel very uneasy about our future.

I have stopped watching the news, except for sports.  The daily news is such a downer that I simply prefer to go ostrich right now.   
I stopped watching the new when we invaded Iraq. The world spins on.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Every man, woman and child on the face of the earth IS GOING TO DIE along with every other living thing. If that doesn't spell doom nothing does. Now, we're not all going to die at the same time thank goodness for that, but considering that your time is almost up anyway, at least on a geological scale yes, we're fucking doomed AND WE'RE GETTING STUPIDER. Hard right wing governments are essentially taking over the planet so please don't start with the bullshit about us getting smarter.
For fuck sake, Sunday football and Kim Kardasion's fat ass is more important than who is about to take over the white house
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

The highest average IQ is among New Guinea people, who live a fairly primitive life.  The more civilized you are, the more people who would have not survived, manage to survive and reproduce.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 24, 2016, 10:23:30 AM
I stopped watching the new when we invaded Iraq. The world spins on.
That's what I should have done.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 24, 2016, 03:19:57 PM
That's what I should have done.

Everything has turned rhetorical, like the bloody glove, in the trail of OJ ;-(  What is the evidence?  Has the evidence been tampered with?  Is the real to be found in the Law Court, or in the Court of Public Opinion?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

The Internet Lynch Mob is in full bay.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 24, 2016, 05:23:47 PM
Everything has turned rhetorical, like the bloody glove, in the trail of OJ ;-(  What is the evidence?  Has the evidence been tampered with?  Is the real to be found in the Law Court, or in the Court of Public Opinion?
What are you talking about????

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 24, 2016, 05:35:59 PM
What are you talking about????

I was commenting on your need to abandon MSM already.  Cable TV in particular.  The Alt-Media is a big tent, kind of like what the Democrats were, before the Clintonistas infected it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 24, 2016, 08:12:20 PM
Okay

You brought me here in the first place, Agent 13 ;-)  You know the Cone Of Silence never works :-p
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on December 24, 2016, 09:39:05 PM
You brought me here in the first place, Agent 13 ;-)  You know the Cone Of Silence never works :-p
It does when I use it one me.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers